Fourtitude.com - Stingray is gone, in comes ZE KERMIT | Audi/Porsche fans come on in...
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
      Cars
      '15 BMW i3 REX, '16 Audi TTS, '13 Viper GTS
      02-18-2018 11:58 PM #101
      Car was picked up on Saturday afternoon and the transport driver snapped a pic, crossing fingers for delivery tomorrow;

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Cars
      One SUV, One CUV
      02-19-2018 08:18 AM #102
      I guess I missed the Biimer being sold bit -

so if this replaces the Vette,
      what’s replacing the BMW?

or there’s a new thread already?...

Cars
      02-19-2018 02:51 PM #103
      Quote Originally Posted by rammalammadingdong View Post
      I guess I missed the Biimer being sold bit -

so if this replaces the Vette,
      what’s replacing the BMW?

or there’s a new thread already?...

Will create a new thread for BMW replacement, I'm undecided at this point.

02-19-2018 02:54 PM #104
      Quote Originally Posted by slowhatch View Post
      Will create a new thread for BMW replacement, I'm undecided at this point.
      I feel like you should try out a Panamera. Still a luxo barge but more fun.
      Quote Originally Posted by Doug Butabi View Post
      And on the tenth day of the two thousand fifteenth year, TCL finds out about rich people.

Cars
      One SUV, One CUV
      02-19-2018 03:09 PM #105
      Quote Originally Posted by TangoRed View Post
      I feel like you should try out a Panamera. Still a luxo barge but more fun.
      Agree.
      I actually like the retarded red headed step child of the Porsche family.
      And get ruuuuuuuined by my social circle as a result of said luxo-barge appreciation.

I couldn’t sign on the dotted line for one - bought an SQ5 instead and loooooooooove it.

7. 02-19-2018 04:02 PM #106
      Car was picked up on Saturday afternoon and the transport driver snapped a pic, crossing fingers for delivery tomorrow;

Looks a little swirly - I'll keep an eye out for the 137 step correction process.

Really looking forward to seeing how the insides of the wheel bearing races polish up.
      2017 Chevy SS | 1977 Trans Am
      ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

8. 02-19-2018 04:27 PM #107
      Too late, wire should come in for the 750 on tuesday (stupid bank holidays).
      that was what, 10, 11 months for that car?

Cars
      06 4runner
      02-19-2018 04:35 PM #108
      The TT-S has always looked like a fun little car to drive. I am not really big fan of loud color cars, but I actually do like the green on yours, it suits the car. Only think I would add to the car is the spoiler from the RS. The back looks a little plain without it.

Cars
      02-19-2018 04:35 PM #109
      Quote Originally Posted by puma1552 View Post
      that was what, 10, 11 months for that car?
      Bought in Dec '16

Cars
      '15 STi & '16 .:R
      02-19-2018 04:36 PM #110
      Have you driven a MK7 Golf R? I’d be interested to hear a comparison. We test drove an S3 before we bought our R and were underwhelmed, so much so that we almost didn’t buy the R as a result. Thankfully we had a chance to test drive an R and we’re immediately sold on it.

It would be interesting to see how the TTS compares since it has the same drivetrain as he other two.
      iain

Cars
      '17 Golf R DSG, '12 Crosstour V6 AWD nav, '09 Civic Si 4d nav
      02-19-2018 05:06 PM #111
      Quote Originally Posted by Hostile View Post
      Have you driven a MK7 Golf R? I’d be interested to hear a comparison. We test drove an S3 before we bought our R and were underwhelmed, so much so that we almost didn’t buy the R as a result. Thankfully we had a chance to test drive an R and we’re immediately sold on it.

It would be interesting to see how the TTS compares since it has the same drivetrain as he other two.
      Me too, I have heard people say exactly the same thing as you, as well as the exact opposite.
      Past: '06 Accord V6, '95 Taurus SHO, '01 ITR, '98 Civic HX CVT

Quote Originally Posted by jamerican1
      Dude, you know you're like the opposite of a purist, right?

Cars
      02-19-2018 07:47 PM #112

Quote Originally Posted by Ross1013 View Post
      Me too, I have heard people say exactly the same thing as you, as well as the exact opposite.
      Put me in that opposite camp.

Drove a Golf R a few times actually, over the years, as its always kind of been on the radar (everyone here creams over it). It didn't really do much for me. I can't remember much about those test drives as it didn't really make any impression on me. I do remember thinking that I felt very adolescent in it, which is why I ended up leasing a CC instead of GTI/R back then. I also find the interior to be far and away less appealing (both aesthetically and material quality) than either the S3 and the TTS.

Cars
      02-19-2018 09:00 PM #113
      Put me in that opposite camp.

Drove a Golf R a few times actually, over the years, as its always kind of been on the radar (everyone here creams over it). It didn't really do much for me. I can't remember much about those test drives as it didn't really make any impression on me. I do remember thinking that I felt very adolescent in it, which is why I ended up leasing a CC instead of GTI/R back then. I also find the interior to be far and away less appealing (both aesthetically and material quality) than either the S3 and the TTS.
      Interesting. When we test drove the S3 back in early '15 the interior to us felt every bit the "cheap Audi" that it was based on, unlike the A4 or higher models. On the other hand, the R felt like a "nice VW". It's funny how badge perception does that. As a matter of fact I think the MK7 R is way nicer inside then the over-priced CC was.

It was my wife's car and she prefers hatchbacks to the sedans so that made the R a no-brainer for her.

The face-lifted S3 does seem nicer inside than the original, especially with those sport seats.
      iain

15. 02-19-2018 10:02 PM #114
      2 months is a lofty goal, challenge accepted.
      Just look at how happy she is behind the wheel of a Porsche.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder, Absolutely Red/Black, 5spd
      2005 Acura TSX, Carbon Grey Pearl/Quartz, Sportshift
      2013 Ford Focus ST, Oxford White/Charcoal Black, ST3
      2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid, White Platinum Metallic Tri-Coat/Light Dune, Reserve +Technology
      2016 Fiat 500e, Electric Orange Tri-Coat Pearl/Black - I live life 84 miles at a time!

Cars
      02-26-2018 11:53 AM #115
      Car touched down last Friday and we've spent the weekend making excuses to drive it. Hard to remain objective in the honeymoon phase, but we are exceedingly happy with it. This is the first car I've ever bought sight-un-seen from across the country, and I had some heartburn about whether it would be in the condition that it appeared to be in pictures. I've purchased and shipped vehicles many times from out of state but have always had someone local come out and inspect them beforehand. This time I took the dealer at their word (and was quite nervous about it). Luckily the car was as described, like new. No rock chips, scratches, no anything really. Feels like we just picked up this thing off the showroom floor, but with a BIG 'ol discount .

First impressions are the obvious ones; the Germans know how to put a car together, the interior is a delightfully modern techfest, and the retina scarring green is retina scarring green. Car exudes quality from every pore and feels solid as a block of granite rolling down the road. No squeaks, rattles, or errant noises even over nasty broken pavement. It's quick, not fast, and I love the brrrruhmp exhaust backfires when the DSG grabs the next gear wide open. Trans in 'D' moves to the next highest cog like a teenager turning pages in a boring book, and in 'S' it hangs on to gears way too long when part throttle. I think the APR TCU tune will make the goldilocks difference here. The power is put down exceptionally well, and it has just the right amount of power/grip to make the car a blast on city streets without scaring the piss out of everyone (a la, Viper). Car is well damped (magneto dampers ftw) but impacts are firm courtesy of the wagon wheel/tire setup. Over our mirror smooth freeways and roads its a pleasure, but I would imagine it would be a nightmare if we lived in a pothole ridden area. 30 series sidewalls... I don't know why Audi, but ok. Lastly the interior, as aforementioned, is quite simply the best combination of technology and ergonomics I've seen in a modern vehicle, period. After learning how to navigate around the Virtual cockpit, I can't say enough good things about it. i have long said that manufacturers need to just give up on UI/UX design and just put in a screen capable of running Android Auto/Apple Car Play, this car is the first to change my mind.

17. Member
      02-26-2018 12:05 PM #116
      Congrats! Glad it's living up to expectations so far.

The car definitely needs a tune and you will like it that much more (ECU and DSG). I'm not usually big on green cars but I really like this color.
      Last edited by 300_munkeys; 02-26-2018 at 12:12 PM.

18. Global Moderator Paul@VWvortex's Avatar
      Cars
      '17 A3 E-Tron, '17 TT Alum Ford, '96 VRT Cabrio, TDi Tristar Syncro, 1980 Scirocco S "Der Ott"
      02-26-2018 12:09 PM #117

For being such an attractive woman, she kinda has a manly thumb.

Cars
      GX, Taco, Tiguan, bikes
      02-26-2018 12:12 PM #118
      I'm seriously a fan of this car, options and color. I'd buy it.

Cars
      02-26-2018 12:16 PM #119
      At the very least get a BurgerTuning JB1. It's $390 for another 45hp/45lb-ft and only 4 plugs under the hood with no actual modification to the car or ECU. It's well worth it and completely transformed our R.
      iain

Cars
      Present: '19 STi 6MT, Past: '10 Passat 6MT, '07 Civic 5MT
      02-26-2018 12:34 PM #120
      There was another gentleman on this forum who had warranty denied on his Audi after going with a software tune. I'd personally drive the car for a few months to flesh it out before modifying it.

Cars
      02-26-2018 12:38 PM #121
      Quote Originally Posted by CobraKing View Post
      There was another gentleman on this forum who had warranty denied on his Audi after going with a software tune. I'd personally drive the car for a few months to flesh it out before modifying it.
      At the very least get a BurgerTuning JB1. It's $390 for another 45hp/45lb-ft and only 4 plugs under the hood with no actual modification to the car or ECU. It's well worth it and completely transformed our R.
      Maybe if I bold and underline the text you'll read it?

JB1 isn't a software tune. It's a piggyback box that's completely downstream from the ECU and it keeps the car within all of the factory parameters. The only way to know it exists is to find the box under the hood.

EDIT: Fair enough.

From [email protected]:

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by chrisblack2k1 View Post
      I've heard a lot of people tout these as 'undetectable' by dealers for warranty work, but it would surprise me if the engine's ECU doesn't store any sort of historical operating information. Can you speak to that?
      The ECU does not see the boost since it is chasing its own boost target with the piggy back. This means all measured values related to torque, load and boost are stock in any log. The measured torque is a temperature vs boost vs calculated airflow algorithm. The fuel trims are taken care of by biasing the rail pressure by taking the ECU out of being in a adaption phase continuously. This keeps the Low pressure fuel trim at stock level which is a stored value on the ECU. The only value that is different in terms a live logging is that of waist gate position but we work within the allowable tolerance where the ECU will trigger a boost leak fault code.
      Last edited by Hostile; 02-26-2018 at 12:52 PM.
      iain

Cars
      Present: '19 STi 6MT, Past: '10 Passat 6MT, '07 Civic 5MT
      02-26-2018 12:42 PM #122
      ^^^
      My post wasn't addressed to you but to the OP. You made a suggestion and I made a suggestion, the onus is on him to do what he wants.

Cars
      RS3, JKU
      02-26-2018 12:50 PM #123
      Maybe if I bold and underline the text you'll read it?

JB1 isn't a software tune. It's a piggyback box that's completely downstream from the ECU and it keeps the car within all of the factory parameters. The only way to know it exists is to find the box under the hood.

From what I understand if they check the boost logs in the car, they can tell if a box was installed or not.

25. Member
      Cars
      2017 Cayman - GT Silver - PDK/PSE/Sport Chrono
      02-26-2018 12:50 PM #124
      Technically, it's upstream because it comes after the sensors that feed into the ECU. Meaning data that the ECU receives has been tampered with by the JB1 - but otherwise I agree with you (just semantics)
      ASP.NET / C# Software Engineer

2017 718 Cayman - GT Silver - PDK/Sport Chrono/PSE
      2016 Golf R 6MT - Deep Black Pearl - SOLD!

Cars
      02-26-2018 12:52 PM #125
      Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Russells View Post
      From what I understand if they check the boost logs in the car, they can tell if a box was installed or not.
      See my edit above.
      iain

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast