VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

It?s VR time!

58K views 445 replies 30 participants last post by  benforseter_21 
#1 · (Edited)
So I got the itch again, now I’m in a 3.2 Quattro! I was playing with a B5 S4, great car and we had a lot of fun. However It was sold when my daughter was born. I have been waiting for the right car ever since, and I have found it. I always missed my old A3 so I’m very exited about this car.

It’s a completely stock, quite neglected 06 with 124k. I have big plans for this car. This will be it’s story, let’s do a build thread!

Update, 5/23/18, modification list so far!

Engine...
Factory rotating assembly.
Fluidampr.
Arp head studs.
034 oil filter housing adapter.
034 head spacer.
Super tech valves, stainless intake, inconel exhaust.
Super tech dual spring, titanium retainers.

Turbo set up...
Precision 6262, ball bearing, t4 flange, 63ar.
Tial MVR 44 wastegate.
034 Intercooler pipping.
Garret fmic, high density 600hp core.
034 billet diverter valve.
034 billet slot maf housing.

Fuel system...
034 billet fuel rail.
Bosch 850 ev14’s.
Aeromotive adjustable regulator.
Detach DW65 In tank pump.
All 6an fittings and fuel line.

Exhaust...
CTS ceramic coated exhaust manifold.
CTS 3in down pipe.
CTS 3in mid pipe.

Mounts...
034 Billet engine and trans mounts.
034 Billet Spherical dog bone.
034 Torque mounts.

Suspension...
ST XTA coilovers.
ST Camber plates.
PowerFlex black front arm bushings.
034 Billet sway bar end links, front/rear.
034 rear sway bar.
034 Billet rear upper control arms.
034 Billet rear toe links.
034 Front subframe locking collars.
034 Billet rear subframe mount Inserts.

Brakes...
Front Brembo 17Z
Rear Brembo 4 Piston calipers, with CreationsMotorsports brackets and MK5 R32 310mm rotors.
42Draft Designs wheel studs.

Wheels...
BBS CH 028, 18-8 ET 43.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#406 ·
I need to retract part of my previous statement, it is not plug and play. It’s close, but I don’t want people reading this in the future and thinking it’s easy.

The MK4 R32 uses Bosch 4.2 wideband, the MK5 R32 based 8P uses the newer 4.9. The PNP kit EMU offers is for the MK4. Both sensors have 6 pins, but are wired differently. All that’s needed is moving some pins around.

Also, the MK4 uses a fan control module. The MK5 does not, it is ECU controlled. Very easily wired and controlled by the Black, but not PNP.

So please don’t think this is a plug and go type deal.

#410 ·
Both 034 and UM have great files for my car. So I could have used the of the shelf stuff. This was more for the future, my car will constantly change, now I’m not bound by the tuning. Also Ive wanted to get into tuning, this is my way of learning.

I think there are few noises better than a turbo VR6. :cool:
I must agree, it’s intoxicating!

#432 ·
I’ve been getting the tune sorted out, doing everything myself. Sitting at 1bar boost, the DW65 fuel pump is now maxed out on e85. It’s actually been my daily driver for the last month. The car is a blast!
Next step now is upgrading the upgraded fuel system haha!

#436 ·
I’m so bad with this thread, npace I use a legit machine in the shop, recover, vacuum, and charge.
When I replaced the clutches I reused the cover. The seal now leaks lol. I have a new cover but the car is put away in the garage. I’ll get to it eventually, but I’m not motivated.

I’m enjoying my new daily at the moment, 8V 2.0TQ.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.