Fourtitude.com - Sony A6500 problem Halo on rear screen display?
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

1. 01-28-2018 04:19 PM #1
      Whats up guys, i was just testing out, picture profiles and settings on my Sony A6500 when i noticed a green Halo on my screen on the sides of the image. As i darken my picture it gets more noticable. It does not show in well lite or bright areas. When i playback my pictures or Video it does not show with the green Halo. Its only on the display when underexposing the image. I think its displaying the lense somehow. When i press to focus the halo gets smaller, and goes back to normal on release. Is this normal for Sony cameras?

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Cars
      19' Tiguan, 14' StingRay, 71' Malibu, 00' BMW R1100RT, 2 C'Dales
      01-29-2018 08:11 AM #2
      How old is the camera?
      Is there any problems with the images?

Try a power reset -
      To perform a power reset, turn OFF the Camera and remove the battery pack from it. Allow the camera to remain without power for 30 seconds - 1 minute. After that, reinsert the battery pack and turn ON the Camera.

If you have completed power resetting the Camera and the issue is not resolved, service may be required.

4. 01-29-2018 09:31 AM #3
      I did the reset its still the same
      . Here is a better picture of it. This only show ups when im more then -2 underexposed.

5. 01-29-2018 09:38 AM #4
      I tested the camera without the lens and these Rings do not show.. just to see if its the camera or lense. It seems to be when i attach a lense. Heres a pic of the screen without any lense.

Cars
      2018 Golf R
      06-18-2018 05:04 PM #5
      Not sure if you ever sorted it.
      Also not sure what glass you were using...but what you're likely seeing is a rough rendition of lens vignetting.
      This doesn't happen with all lenses but a majority of them will suffer from vignetting - especially wide open - most noticeable on some f/1.8 lenses at 1.8.

It's nothing to be concerned about, really, and I think with the A6500 you can select the live view quality - STD or HIGH - but I don't have mine on me at this moment to check.
      Any vignetting can easily be corrected in post processing - and some is even corrected in-camera for the JPEGs.
      2018 Golf R | Indium Grey Metallic
      Website | Instagram | Photo Album

Cars
      Ferrari La Ferrari
      06-25-2018 11:29 AM #6
      What lens are you using? Is this a Sony lens? Kit lens? Using an adapter? Is there a filter on it? Is this with all lenses?
      signatures are annoying, right?