Fourtitude.com - You guys buying bitcoin?
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    1. Member
      Cars
      3 Audis, 1 Honda, 1 GMC
      01-11-2018 02:15 PM #101
      Quote Originally Posted by Papa Dras View Post
      Makes sense. I still know a lot of people that are gambling online making money, so they obviously have channels open to do this. Never got into it so not sure.
      I hope they are careful. Some sites still cater to the US even though against fed laws. If caught the govt goes after people with fraud charges (and the websites with money laundering charges) and those types of convictions go further than a fine. The govt can freeze all assets and take their house. That would be an interesting conversation with the wife.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. Member
      01-11-2018 02:25 PM #102

4. Member
      Cars
      3 Audis, 1 Honda, 1 GMC
      01-11-2018 02:31 PM #103
      http://www.charlotteobserver.com/new...194187954.html

"BitConnect, a cryptocurrency trader, ordered to stop operating in NC"

"In announcing the cease and desist order, N.C. Secretary of State Elaine F. Marshall said in a statement: “These specific BitConnect investment programs are very concerning from a regulatory standpoint. BitConnect offers investment programs whose returns are derived from a secret trading system about which BitConnect has failed to provide material information to investors, including evidence of its very existence.”

5. Member
      01-11-2018 03:29 PM #104
      Yeah, not surprising. This is similar to USI Tech that was just barred from business in the US. Essentially you buy a "package" or a coin in this case and they leverage this against multiple exchanges, which can differ in rate. So it is just arbitrage in a sense, except that they didn't register in NC. It is these stupid little things like that- knowing the regulations and laws where you are going to set up shop, that are getting these guys. They even state in the article that this isn't against cryptocurrency, it is just how it is marketed as an "investment" and obviously not registering.

01-11-2018 03:38 PM #105
      Is there any reliable coin based index fund?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

7. I got a poop emoji! CHEVY!! Time for an aSS's Avatar
      Cars
      17 Chevy SS
      01-11-2018 04:24 PM #106
      Quote Originally Posted by 2.0T_Convert View Post
      Possibly because of how huge online gaming is in S Korea?
      This is probably an old man question but I guess I'll risk it...

Is there a link between online gaming and cryptocurrencies?
      Quote Originally Posted by @McMike View Post
      We can not be trusted.

8. Member
      01-11-2018 04:46 PM #107

Cars
      19 e-Golf SE, 13 Highlander Hybrid Limited, 06 Miata Sport, 05 Sienna LE, 02 Ninja 250
      01-11-2018 05:36 PM #108
      nope.

its not really investing. its gambling.

if i have been a nut and got into it months or years ago, then it would be ok.
      but for me at least... trying to get into it now, i just think its too risky.

my 'normal' investments are pulling in good numbers with a fraction of the risk.

if you want to gamble with some 'fun money'. go ahead. good luck. i just dont have the time/stomach to try/care.

Cars
      '12 Yaris, '17 Corolla
      01-11-2018 05:37 PM #109
      This year will be the hardest and I have no idea how people will be able to accurately pay taxes, nor how the IRS is going to track everything. They are changing the rules so not only are the gains made once you cash out taxable, they are wanting to tax each exchange you make. people literally will have hundreds of exchanges weekly or monthly depending on how they are playing the market. That means you have to track what each currency was at that time, the TXids, as well as profits or losses for each one. This is usually done in a wallet, not on exchanges, so I am really not sure how this will be done in 2018.
      Oh. With the recent high prices, I was thinking about letting my computer crunch some because even without an expensive graphics card, it benchmarked out at almost $30 a month using $3 of power. I guess I will cancel that idea.
      Improving the signal-to-noise ratio

Cars
      987.2 | GTI
      01-11-2018 06:50 PM #110
      Quote Originally Posted by Smigelski View Post
      And for those reasons, I'm out.
      I don't know why I laughed so hard at this.

I never understood it but have become more familiar with it lately, but still have no plans on participating now. All my "fun money" is going into my hobbies.

Cars
      '17 CarTruck, '17 Alltrack
      01-11-2018 10:18 PM #111
      I'm sorry, but while I respect your posts, I in no way believe you are the person that can predict an unpredictable market. Unless you have a crystal ball, you simply cannot have the foresight to predict which will go up or down and then have the ability to trade accurately to catch each rise and remove yourself from each drop.
      No one can predict tomorrow. I can't tell you what something will do tomorrow. What I can do is take gobs of historical data, million charts, and find patterns. Not everyone loves the CMT approach but that is what works for me since I'm a big data computer programming geek. My approach is giving myself the best statistical probability of an entry that will go up or down. To define what I'll lose before I make a "trade". If that happens to fail on either side - it keeps trying on each setup point.

lets take ripple for example...

some people have a knack for looking at charts and just knowing but my goal years ago with having a 5 & 7 y/o kids born is that I won't have time to sit on the computer trading charts. I want to be alerted at each point. thus that led me to create my own trading programs. A lot of trial and error. tradingview scripts is not the same as my java program but its close enough. the exit on that would have been 2.78. Would it enter again? I have no idea until another setup occurs.

13. Member
      01-12-2018 09:53 AM #112
      Ok, now you are speaking my world- big data and 5 + 7 yar old kids.

Sounds like you have set something up for yourself using a Fibonacci retracement or similar. That is similar to what I was doing when I was day trading this stuff, but that was turning into a full time job and had to change it up. Very profitable, but time consuming.

14. Member
      01-12-2018 09:59 AM #113
      To quote myself- after posting this I wish I had bought in since it was at a low yesterday at .25 and today jumped to .44. That could have been a nice overnight profit.

Cars
      01-12-2018 10:20 AM #114
      no fibs - never much luck in those; neat to see the extension and elliot waves but modified formulas of log periodic power/ma compression weighted w/stoch rsi oversold/overbought. have a follow on https://twitter.com/InterestRateArb - he is much better at timing those moves

16. Member
      01-12-2018 10:26 AM #115

Cars
      Two fake rich sedans & one non-Prius hybrid
      01-12-2018 11:42 AM #116
      Quote Originally Posted by Time for a GTI View Post
      This is probably an old man question but I guess I'll risk it...

Is there a link between online gaming and cryptocurrencies?
      I don't know much about cryptocurrencies but "mining" them requires serious computer hardware no?

Could be a correlation between the PC gaming community and cryptocurrencies.

18. 01-12-2018 11:52 AM #117
      Unbelievably timely email just came today! Tomorrow I will be $13,000 richer!!!!

Americans hate EVs because they grew up with Power Wheels that were glacially slow, ran out of power in 20 minutes and took an entire day to recharge.

01-12-2018 01:51 PM #118
      From The Onion.

Bitcoin On Path To Functioning Just Like Real Currency After Small Concentration Of People Acquire Majority Of It
      From the npboards, home of "intelligent discussion:" ...Trump...seems to be appealing quite a bit to black voters. By some estimates as many as one out of four would vote for him. This may well be because he not only has a Strong Pimp Hand, he is also the most "******-Rich" man in New York City. In other words, someone they can both relate to and aspire to."

20. Member
      Cars
      '12 JKU / '06 FXSTDI
      01-12-2018 03:44 PM #119
      Quote Originally Posted by adrew View Post
      Oh. With the recent high prices, I was thinking about letting my computer crunch some because even without an expensive graphics card, it benchmarked out at almost $30 a month using $3 of power. I guess I will cancel that idea.
      I do this. With my 1080 GTX, which isn't even the best card for it, I can make $50-$100 a month. I then invest that. I don't actually put my own money in, just pay the power.

21. Member
      Cars
      04 GTI, 03 E46, 17 Cross Trek
      01-14-2018 06:04 PM #120
      Quote Originally Posted by HI SPEED View Post
      I fully realize that crypto is a ponzi scheme.
      Unless you're joking you either don't understand bitcoin or you don't understand ponzi schemes.
      Last edited by BetterByDesign; 01-14-2018 at 06:07 PM.
      Declaring yourself to be a chicken does not make you a chicken - Ben Shapiro

22. Member
      Cars
      04 GTI, 03 E46, 17 Cross Trek
      01-14-2018 06:10 PM #121
      Quote Originally Posted by turbinepowered View Post
      Bitcoin: another entry in the ledger of "things people do when they have money and believe that all they are supposed to do with it is make more money."
      You make that come across as a bad thing.
      Declaring yourself to be a chicken does not make you a chicken - Ben Shapiro

Cars
      01-15-2018 08:41 AM #122
      Quote Originally Posted by BetterByDesign View Post
      You make that come across as a bad thing.

Cars
      2005 Corvette Z71, 1998 Corvette
      01-15-2018 05:53 PM #123
      I've made double off crypto than I did at my job this last month. Granted I don't make much in the first place but it's made me hate being at work. Time to get a job that pays better lol.
      Instagram: calederoo

#FREEPATRIKMAN

01-16-2018 02:17 AM #124
      Quote Originally Posted by BetterByDesign View Post
      Unless you're joking you either don't understand bitcoin or you don't understand ponzi schemes.
      "Pon·zi scheme

ˈpänzē ˌskēm/

noun

a form of fraud in which belief in the success of a nonexistent enterprise is fostered by the payment of quick returns to the first investors from money invested by later investors."

If that doesn't fit the description of crypto currencies I don't know what does.

01-16-2018 05:34 AM #125
      Quote Originally Posted by HI SPEED View Post
      "Pon·zi scheme

ˈpänzē ˌskēm/

noun

a form of fraud in which belief in the success of a nonexistent enterprise is fostered by the payment of quick returns to the first investors from money invested by later investors."

If that doesn't fit the description of crypto currencies I don't know what does.

meh, you could loosely tie that to any investment pumped up by later bubbles. hell, you could tie it to home valuation going up ---but it doesn't really fit in those cases, and it doesn't really fit bitcoin at all.
      Quote Originally Posted by Turbio!
      They make my ass look pretty.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast