VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

2012 Audit TTRS 2.5T

35K views 112 replies 19 participants last post by  PantherTTRS8J 
#1 · (Edited)
Santa came early this year! This spring when I took the Passat buyback I was looking at an Audi TTRS by the time the buyback took place the cars I was looking at were no longer available. All of the other ones at that time were overpriced for the mileage on them. Found a 2012 TTRS black, which was my preferred color with 24,000km. One owner never winters driven, garage stored beauty. Car is mint no dent, scratches, or chip. The only drawback is the dealer in Moncton, NB. Car was listed as the base model but turns out it has exhaust/tech packages. So stoked can't wait to pick it up on Dec. 27th. The MK3 GTI will be going up for sale this spring.

Mods on the car:
  • 034 Motorsport Rear Sway Bar
  • 034 Adjustable End Links
  • 42 Draft Design Shifter Bushings
  • Phenix Engineering Shifter Bracket Bushing
  • United Motorsport Stage 1 Tune
  • Girodisc fully floating front discs
  • Girodisc Street & Strip brake pads for the front
  • 034 Motorsport carbon intake
  • Motul 600 Brake Fluid
  • Stainless Steel Brake Lines
  • Podi - Boost, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp. Gauge
  • Outdoor Car Cover
  • Sach Performance Clutch
  • Secondary CAT removed - CTS Mid Pipes
  • Headlight mod - black-out, Profile Halos, Sequential DRL's, Red demon eye, bluetooth relay
  • Sequential mirror turn signals

Still to install:
  • CTS Down Pipe
  • Forge Intercooler
  • Black-out emblems

See less See more
#41 ·
Did a follow up session (which is part of installation of the ceramic coating) with the detailer that applied the Opti-coat Pro today, he also applied Optic-coat Pro the new wheels and showed my how to properly wash and dry the car using the Optic-coat products ("No Rinse" and "Opti-Seal"). Man I'm really impressed with this product, you pressure was it first (no soap) you wash it with "No Rinse" using foam sponge no downward pressure on the sponge, just push it across the surface, spray one squirt of Opti-Seal on the panel your washing, dry it a microfiber towel and your done. Whole process take 15 minute and the car looks like you just finished waxing it. Again well worth the money if anyone think of doing this, you'll have no regrets.

When I purchased the Audi had to mount a front plate but the car didn't have the OEM front plate mount, secondly I didn't really like the look of it either. The tow hook setup would have been ugly as well because of the front tow hook location, would have been a huge space behind the plate.

Tow hook on my son's Golf, would have even more pronounced on the Audi:

Front plate:

Found this bracket called "Sly Bracket" https://www.slybrackets.com/store/, it ships out of Honolulu, Hawaii. Very nice quality product, all stainless steel hardware, powder coat frame, blue locktite applied to critical fasteners and huge mount of flexibility, additional mounting spacers. Work perfectly for the location I was looking at for the plate.

Multiple mount adjustments and spacers:

#43 ·
:cool: :thumbup: :thumbup:

#45 ·
Wow! That looks very cool as well, man! :cool::cool:

#48 ·
I've recently purchased from an Audi forum a new but never installed 034 Motorsport sway bar and adjustable end links for less then I'd of paid for sway bar along (got to love that). Going to install it in the next few days. Cars also going into UM dealer tomorrow.

#52 ·
Eurokracy 2018

Was at Eurokracy 2018 last weekend and took the car down the 1/4 mile for the first time. Was very pleasure with the UM tune feature and the results. Next major mods ($$$) 034 intake and a downpipe to take the tune to stage 2.

Was in good company as well mini-me (TTRS) with big brother (R8 - V10) ;) Hooked up with the Quebec Audi Group awesome cars and people!

#55 ·
What does the flash do, how does the Haldex work afterwards?

#56 ·
Performance Mode: When requesting the most performance from your car, the software passes more torque to the rear, while still retaining drive-ability and keeping within hardware limits. Performance requested is based on pedal position. The harder you press the pedal, the more torque the software will transfer to the rear.

ECO Mode: While cruising the software decouples any drive to the rear, this creates better fuel economy while cruising. Also decreases wear on an expensive non serviceable part. ECO mode is automatically engaged when your car moving along the road at steady speed, at the same for throttle position. For Example, if you are driving down the road at a steady 70 mph this will engage ECO mode. At any point, if wheel spin is detected, 4wd will be engaged.

Variable Brake Distribution: While braking the software applies appropriate torque to the rear. This makes the car more stable in a hard braking situation, unlike stock which disengages the 4-motion clutch this software keep the torque to the rear wheel while braking, offering a far more aggressive deceleration capability. A MAJOR part of this control software modification is vehicle speed, which prevents any binding of the drive train whilst steering at ANY low speeds (ie trying to park the car).

Unlike HPA Performance Controller which you physically replace the Haldex Module, this utilizes the stock module and the tune is flashed directly to the Haldex module and not the ECU. Should the Haldex require replacement you bring it to a UM dealer and they'll re-flash the the new one.

Stock Haldex is front wheel bias with this software the max. torque transfer is 50/50.

#57 · (Edited)
Change out the Glow Shift Boost Gauge, dark face made it hard to see during the day (these are cheap gauges and you get what you pay for). Replaced with a Podi Boost Gauge boost line goes to a sensor which drive the stepper motor in the gauge, gauge can be programmed to warning an over-boost condition. Nice quality gauge.

#58 ·
Great progress on your RS! :thumbup:

How do you like the UM Haldex Flash?
It's great that there´s finally an alternative to HPA.
Since no hardware is changed, it would be really interesting how it performs compared to the HPA controller...

This post has been deleted
#62 ·
Congrats buddy! :cool: :thumbup: :)

#64 ·
At Berlin Klassik in Guelp, Ontario today, met up with Gabriel (Gab EuroSport) father at the meet with his wife's MK1 TT (Beautiful car).

Two of Quebec's finest.

Yesterday picked up in Mississauga a 034 Motorsport Cold Air Intake and a splitter (made in Germany) for a Dominic that contacted me on Instagram to offer me parts he had for sale. Bonus the splitter was already painted Panther Black. :D Installed both parts this morning prior to attending the show.

Also picked up R8 Red Top coilpacks, Oil and Coolant caps.

#65 ·
034 Motorsport stands behind their product

It’s refreshing when a company stands behind it’s product. Bought an 034 Motorsport rear sway bar and adjustable ends links from a Audizine member. There were still in the original packaging when they were shipped to me (never installed). When I installed the sway bar it ended up hitting the axles hub allen bolt (as shown in the photo). Contact 034 Motorsport tech department and through photo sent via email they couldn’t figure out why this was happening with fitment. They led me to Samuel Sanches, I explained that I don’t have a receipt because I wasn’t the original purchaser. Sent photo of the sway still packaged in the original shipping box and he agreed to have the tech department have a look at. Shipped it out to them and a few days ago I got a confirmation email saying they reviewed my claim and they would be processing a new sway bar. They could have taken the easy way out since I wasn’t the original purchaser but they stood behind they’re product instead. This speak volume of the companies ethics and customer service. Already have there products on my TTRS and will continue to do business with them. A huge thanks to Samuel for following through with this. Mistakes can be made in production but it’s what you do to fix the issue that set companies apart, hat off to you 034 Motorsport.

#66 · (Edited)
Installed the 034 Motorsport dog bone bushings and billet dog bone yesterday. The install is not for the faint of heart and would be an additional challenge without a hoist. Removing the subframe to replace the bearing require quite a bit more then is posted on the website. What's shown on the website is the final steps of removing the subframe, they are many more parts requiring removal to get it to this point. Well this was a trial run for the downpipe replacement! In addition had to jack the engine up to get the passenger side control arm bolt out, the bol hit the oil pan and why you need to jack the engine up as far as the motor mount will let you. Also had some issue with the bushing material above the u shape cut out bowing outward while pressing them in, you need to ensure that they a pressed in evenly and a very small sliver of material will be lost in that area when it's pushed into the subframe housing, this will not effect performance though. Vibration transfer to the inside of the car is minimal, very little at idle but more noticeable at low RPM when the clutch is engaged. The improved shifter feel is well worth the added vibration. Better feel for the shifter gates from 2nd to 3rd and 4th to 5th. Highly recommend the upgraded.

#67 ·
On my last days off took the car out for the last cruise of the year before putting it away. Went from Cornwall to Huntsville Ontario on HWY 60 which take you through Algonquin Park. Hit some snow when nearing the park and here a few pics from the trip.

Also pickup a AWE intercooler from a guy in Mississauga only 1,500 kms on it, he's selling the car for a Porsche GT3.

#70 ·
On my last days off took the car out for the last cruise of the year before putting it away. Went from Cornwall to Huntsville Ontario on HWY 60 which take you through Algonquin Park. Hit some snow when nearing the park and here a few pics from the trip.

Also pickup a AWE intercooler from a guy in Mississauga only 1,500 kms on it, he's selling the car for a Porsche GT3.

Hermosas fotos!! Felicitaciones por tu auto. Saludos desde Argentina.

#71 ·
Indeed! Absolutely awsome pics, mate! :thumbup: :cool:

This post has been deleted
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.