Fourtitude.com - Organzing music files on a Samsung Android device.
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

12-19-2017 10:15 PM #1
      I recently got a micro SD card for my Samsung tablet and I've been loading it up with mp3 files.

I've been adding music files by album folders. But on some albums, not all the tracks are included. But for some reason when I add more tracks to that folder later on, the order of the tracks displayed is out of whack .

OK, for example on one album, only tracks 1, 3, 7, 8 and 9 were added at the time. Then later I added tracks 2 and 6. So one would think that tracks 2 and 6 be between 1 and 3 then 3 and 7 right?

But nope. On the Samsung music app, the tracks are listed as:

Disc 0:

Disc 1

It's the same thing with the google Play Music app I guess the tracks are listed by the date added??? Then I played the album from the first track thinking it would play the track by track number and not as listed on the apps. But nope.

Is there something I could do to the file name or something? Yeah, I know it's something minor. But my OCD is kicking in Should I re-organize the memory card? For example, memory card->music->artists->albums?
      Last edited by mx5er; 12-19-2017 at 10:23 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Cars
      A blue oval and a bowtie. Domestic swill.
      12-27-2017 01:15 AM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by mx5er View Post
      I recently got a micro SD card for my Samsung tablet and I've been loading it up with mp3 files.

I've been adding music files by album folders. But on some albums, not all the tracks are included. But for some reason when I add more tracks to that folder later on, the order of the tracks displayed is out of whack .

OK, for example on one album, only tracks 1, 3, 7, 8 and 9 were added at the time. Then later I added tracks 2 and 6. So one would think that tracks 2 and 6 be between 1 and 3 then 3 and 7 right?

But nope. On the Samsung music app, the tracks are listed as:

Disc 0:

Disc 1

It's the same thing with the google Play Music app I guess the tracks are listed by the date added??? Then I played the album from the first track thinking it would play the track by track number and not as listed on the apps. But nope.

Is there something I could do to the file name or something? Yeah, I know it's something minor. But my OCD is kicking in Should I re-organize the memory card? For example, memory card->music->artists->albums?
      You may need to re-org the memory card, but I'm not sure why it's doing that. I don't have that with my tablet or phone, but I don't use Google Music, but VLC for my music player. It's a carry-over from my Linux days, then Windows, and now Android. It has its own organization quirks, but I've just grown accustomed to it over time.
      Smooremin: "Dont worry. My corset really fills me out ."
      Sold Over Sticker: "The only difference between innuendo and flirting is the desired result. "
      KidL: "Dammit, Chippy! You're making bad choices!"