Fourtitude.com - Shots Fired!
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Shots Fired!

Cars
      Me: 2016 Nissan Frontier Desert Runner, Brilliant Silver. Wife: 2019 Honda Civic Sport Sonic Grey
      09-14-2017 10:44 AM #76
      Quote Originally Posted by BRealistic View Post
      You left out the part where they support politicians that cut the VA budget, while somehow simultaneously claiming to be real patriots.
      Bull$h!t. All day long. Taking care of people has very little to do with money, money, money. The real issue is a system (the VA) with no accountability (because it's run by the government) and Obama and his cronies did NOTHING to even attempt to fix the problems at the VA for years. But as long as the VA is supposedly there for our veterans, this is what we get. Wasn't Obamacare enough for us to realize that? "If you want your doctor, you can keep your doctor." "If you like your health coverage, you can keep your health coverage." It was all a ploy to get incoherent Americans to buy into taking over another huge segment of the private health insurance system.

When will people realize that whenever we say, "the government should..." they need to shut their mouths because the only people who will willingly oblige us are a bunch of criminal bureaucrats who just want to fleece us. They have NO incentive to do what we expect of them because there are no checks and balances to the system (in this case, the VA) they created. None.
      Quote Originally Posted by GoHomePossum View Post
      See? You have to relax before you can completely take in all of TCL's magic.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Cars
      Me: 2016 Nissan Frontier Desert Runner, Brilliant Silver. Wife: 2019 Honda Civic Sport Sonic Grey
      09-14-2017 10:52 AM #77
      Quote Originally Posted by @McMike View Post
      Believe me... if I ever have to resort to this horrible, horrible method of self defense, I'll the the first one on the phone to 911.

You can count on me for later admonishing, sir. Nothing I hate more than irresponsible gun owners with an ego.
      Quick question for you, McMike: did you alter your avatar by request or did the fine moderators do it for you?

You know, I don't find anything funny about promoting incest. I don't think it's a laughing matter. At all.

Couldn't find anything better???

Cars
      German Vans, British cars, and a motorbike.
      09-14-2017 11:08 AM #78
      Quote Originally Posted by chris86vw View Post
      Heck in some states, had she pulled then gun just to threaten him with the sight of it she would be required to call 911 since that would have meant that an illegal act had occurred (that made you feel that threatened) and you would need to report it.
      I believe that even threatening someone with the words "I have a gun and I will kill/shoot you" is enough of a threat to get you in trouble...

IMO, anyone who talks tough or brags about owning/carrying when referring to (or being in) a dramatic situation is an irresponsible gun owner.

Jerk that pistol and go to work or STFU.

5. Senior Member
      09-14-2017 11:17 AM #79
      I believe that even threatening someone with the words "I have a gun and I will kill/shoot you" is enough of a threat to get you in trouble...

IMO, anyone who talks tough or brags about owning/carrying when referring to (or being in) a dramatic situation is an irresponsible gun owner.

Jerk that pistol and go to work or STFU.
      I was just clarifying the part where you said if you shot someone you'd be the first to call 911 with the information that in many states if you do you are REQUIRED to.. and even if you don't shoot simply brandishing would require you to as well. Yelling you have a gun isn't necessarily the same as actually moving to that action so the requirement to self report is not there. Part of it is you should only be actually pulling it out if the situation has escalated to a point that the aggressor has committed a crime (so you should report it) and the other part is if it is a state with concealed only laws you are no longer concealed and you have possibly broken laws by exposing it. If you do carry and your VA permit which is permitted in WV means you carry here then this is a did bit you might want to be aware of is required here .

TN may have a requirement of self reporting as well, which could mean additional charges on top of the fleeing.

Cars
      2018 F150
      09-14-2017 11:35 AM #80
      Quote Originally Posted by chuckster1 View Post
      Bull$h!t. All day long.
      I don't like bullsh+t either.
      If you want to claim moral high ground on something like VA and vets, then create/support/fund an obviously superior alternative before you financially sabotage the only current option.
      Intentionally underfunding government programs seems like intentional self fulfilling prophecy of predicted government program failure, regardless of "spin".

Some of us actually remember what happened under the Reagan Administration (under the guise of cutting evil goverment programs that help people to support somehow even bigger tax breaks for higher brackets).
      Not a good legacy regarding the vets, the mentally ill, and the homeless.
      Last edited by BRealistic; 09-14-2017 at 11:41 AM.
      Vehicles owned (*=automatic):
      Chevy: 82 Cavalier Type 10, 94 Cavalier Coupe* | Chrysler: 96 Town & Country* | Ford: 73 F100, 88 F150, 18 F150* | Jeep: 78 CJ-5 | Mazdas: 83 GLC, 85 RX7 GS, 86 323, 90 323, 90 B2600i, 92 Miata, 97 Protege, 01 B2300, 01 B3000, 04 RX8 | Nissan: 90 240SX SE | Plymouth: 88 Caravan* | Pontiac: 84 Grand Prix* | Toyota: 84 Celica GTS, 02 Tundra*

7. 09-14-2017 11:42 AM #81
      Came across that while doing my own research this morning.

https://www.youtube.com/user/KatielayneMUSIC/videos

Ooof.
      I want to shoot myself after watching that. Jesus. She's the reason we have autotune.

8. 09-14-2017 11:44 AM #82
      Quote Originally Posted by fireside View Post
      Agreed - you are 100% right. I myself am a firearm owner, NRA member, and extremely pro-2a.. but I'll even say that there needs to be more mandatory training classes with CCW permits. There is absolutely nothing wrong with being educated on the matter.

Welp, found the idiot. No actual 2A support supports the NRA. Re: 1986 GCA gun ban...All fueled by your beloved NRA. Remember folks, if your business needs to have an "evil" to run against, just lie and cheat to create the evil and support it, and you'll forever be in business. The NRA creates gun bans, not stops them.

Cars
      09-14-2017 11:44 AM #83
      I don't like bullsh+t either.
      If you want to claim moral high ground on something like VA and vets, then create/support/fund an obviously superior alternative before you financially sabotage the only current option.
      Intentionally underfunding government programs seems like intentional self fulfilling prophecy of predicted government program failure.
      My point is that the government doesn't WANT you to have a superior alternative. That's how they stay in business fleecing us. Why do you think they pushed Obamacare on us??? Gee, why not allow vets to buy their own health care plans from private insurance companies? Give them X amount of dollars to help towards the costs. But even then, the government will say, nope, can't buy across state lines, can't buy from company XYZ, can't buy only catastrophic plans, etc.

As a vet, would you really want a VA doctor, who has NO incentive to fix your issue because he works for a mindless governmental agency with almost no oversight, or a private doctor who is in business to serve his patients and can go out of business if he continues to provide poor service???

The VA MIGHT have been decent years ago, but as huge bureaucracies grow even larger there are fewer and fewer incentives to service their customers because it's not in their interest at all. They are just doing a job.

Cars
      2015 981 GTS, 2017 Taco TRD Sport
      09-14-2017 11:46 AM #84
      Quick question for you, McMike: did you alter your avatar by request or did the fine moderators do it for you?

You know, I don't find anything funny about promoting incest. I don't think it's a laughing matter. At all.

I guess you've never seen National Lampoon's Vacation? If you'd seen the movie, you'd know that gif is not "promoting incest," It's just a scene from a movie...

Too many sensitive snowflakes in this thread.
      "Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." -H. L. Mencken

Cars
      2015 981 GTS, 2017 Taco TRD Sport
      09-14-2017 11:48 AM #85
      Quote Originally Posted by GraphiteAZ View Post
      I want to shoot myself after watching that. Jesus. She's the reason we have autotune.

Video isn't bad if you mute it and put on some other music...
      "Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." -H. L. Mencken

Cars
      MkIII VR6 Lawn Ornament, 89 Helios
      09-14-2017 12:01 PM #86

Cars
      09-14-2017 12:09 PM #87
      I want to shoot myself after watching that.
      In some states, you can defend yourself when faced with a verbal threat like that.

14. Member
      Cars
      FS:2004 Passat 1.8t 4motion (SOLD); 2008 GTI (totaled); 2007 GTI
      09-14-2017 12:14 PM #88
      What does Tennessee say about using a weapon while under the influence? 'Cause she looks high/drunk as hell in both her mug shots. It would stand to reason she wasn't out NOT drinking at 3am in the morning.

She probably only overreacts or is overly aggressive when she's been drinking.... I guess her last victim was lucky to only get hit over the head with a bottle.

15. Geriatric Member BRealistic's Avatar
      Cars
      2018 F150
      09-14-2017 12:14 PM #89
      In some states, you can defend yourself when faced with a verbal threat like that.
      I need to stop this ear raping.
      No, not by removing myself from the situation.. I need to shoot center mass twice then leave assuming I missed.
      Chevy: 82 Cavalier Type 10, 94 Cavalier Coupe* | Chrysler: 96 Town & Country* | Ford: 73 F100, 88 F150, 18 F150* | Jeep: 78 CJ-5 | Mazdas: 83 GLC, 85 RX7 GS, 86 323, 90 323, 90 B2600i, 92 Miata, 97 Protege, 01 B2300, 01 B3000, 04 RX8 | Nissan: 90 240SX SE | Plymouth: 88 Caravan* | Pontiac: 84 Grand Prix* | Toyota: 84 Celica GTS, 02 Tundra*

16. Senior Member
      09-14-2017 12:19 PM #90
      Quote Originally Posted by PiSSAT4motion View Post
      What does Tennessee say about using a weapon while under the influence? 'Cause she looks high/drunk as hell in both her mug shots. It would stand to reason she wasn't out NOT drinking at 3am in the morning.

She probably only overreacts or is overly aggressive when she's been drinking.... I guess her last victim was lucky to only get hit over the head with a bottle.
      Using, if it was actually self defense likely nothing.

Carrying in your car, which TN seems to treat like your home and does not require a permit. Also likely nothing to simply have it there.

Almost every state (possibly all) has statutes against carrying concealed or open even if permitted while consuming alcohol or under the influence, that isn't what she was doing (allegedly) so wouldn't apply here.

Cars
      09-14-2017 12:24 PM #91

Users can't upload custom avatars so that (as well as yours) was a gift from mod.

And don't worry about incest.. It was in reference to a joke I made of my comparison of the quality of kisses between a father and his four year old daughter and how similar they were.
      Last edited by @McMike; 09-14-2017 at 02:44 PM.

18. Geriatric Member BRealistic's Avatar
      Cars
      2018 F150
      09-14-2017 12:24 PM #92
      Quote Originally Posted by chris86vw View Post
      Almost every state (possibly all) has statutes against carrying concealed or open even if permitted while consuming alcohol or under the influence, that isn't what she was doing (allegedly) so wouldn't apply here.
      I guess the gun magically transported itself out of the SUV and shot the guy at the same moment she left the SUV to continue the argument.

*supposedly there is a security/parking lot video of this whole incident.
      Will be interesting to see if it's released.

Cars
      09-14-2017 12:28 PM #93
      I need to stop this ear raping.
      No, not by removing myself from the situation.. I need to shoot center mass twice then leave assuming I missed.
      But what if you can't remove yourself from the situation - like in the case of GraphiteAZ - where he threatened to shoot himself?

20. Member
      Cars
      FS:2004 Passat 1.8t 4motion (SOLD); 2008 GTI (totaled); 2007 GTI
      09-14-2017 12:29 PM #94
      Be interesting to know how long between the time she left the scene and returned. Probably called Lawyer Dad for some coaching... chugged lots of water... took a piss, then returned.

It would be hard for me to get past her exiting the safety of her vehicle, with a gun, to take a few warning shots before leaving the scene.

If she gets off with nothing more than a slap on the wrist, we'll be hearing about her in another 2-3 years when she escalates her aggression to killing someone..

21. Senior Member
      09-14-2017 12:37 PM #95
      I guess the gun magically transported itself out of the SUV and shot the guy at the same moment she left the SUV to continue the argument.
      Try reading everything I Said instead of picking one part and using it out of context next time and you might have a point.

I'm not aware of any state which allows an unlicensed person to carry a gun in a vehicle that disallows it if the owner is under the influence of a substance. In fact some states would require that if you are licensed to carry that you remove it from your person if you had even a single drink.

IF this was in fact an actual self defense situation (my opinion is that it was not) and she was legally carrying in her car and she was legally consuming alcohol (we'll ignore drugs for a second) and simply had some in her system but was not legally to a limit of say a DUI (even still that would likely be ok), then her actions of leaving the SUV with the gun where it was legally stored to use it for self defense would have nothing to do with any sort of concealed carry laws. There would be no magical transportation needed she would lawfully have been able to have it out in her hand under the influence or not. In your hand is not carrying concealed or open in most states, at that point you are brandishing a weapon, so what is required of you when carrying concealed/open no longer applies.

Since in self defense her leaving the car with the gun would turn her into the aggressor and not one defending themselves the laws change and her having a firearm out in public while unlicensed could be come an issue for her. The intoxicated part does not really factor into that it may simply be another charge.

Having a drink does not mean that you have given up the right to defend yourself. (ok some would argue having to disarm to enter a bar would but not the point here )

Her leaving the car with the gun doesn't have anything to do with concealed/open carry laws and the rules related to intoxication associated with them.

Cars
      Mine:2014 VR6 Passat SEL Hers: 2019 Tiguan SE 4Motion
      09-14-2017 12:40 PM #96
      Quote Originally Posted by PiSSAT4motion View Post
      Be interesting to know how long between the time she left the scene and returned. Probably called Lawyer Dad for some coaching... chugged lots of water... took a piss, then returned.

It would be hard for me to get past her exiting the safety of her vehicle, with a gun, to take a few warning shots before leaving the scene.

If she gets off with nothing more than a slap on the wrist, we'll be hearing about her in another 2-3 years when she escalates her aggression to killing someone..
      I agree with this except I dont think shell get a slap on the wrist due to prior arrests and her Twitter posts.

09-14-2017 01:07 PM #97
      Bull$h!t. All day long. Taking care of people has very little to do with money, money, money...
      This is news to anyone working in any health-care related field. You should get the word out!

...You know, I don't find anything funny about promoting incest. I don't think it's a laughing matter. At all...

Methinks the chuckster doth protest too much.

24. Global Moderator Paul@VWvortex's Avatar
      Cars
      '19 A4 Titanium, '17 TT Alum Ford, '96 VRT Cabrio, TDi Tristar Syncro, 1980 Scirocco S "Der Ott"
      09-14-2017 01:26 PM #98
      I was always taught in my CCW classes that the absolute last thing you should do is to resort to shooting another human being, and that you should use every resource available regardless of property damage to remove yourself from the situation before considering pulling the trigger.

It seems odd that she would get in the car to get her handgun and then return to "fire two warning shots with her eyes closed", rather than just getting in her car and leaving. I would rather bring potential harm to my 4500-pound car by an attacker than shoot another human being, but that is just me. :-/

Cars
      04 Expedition, 72 Pontiac Catalina, 12 Fusion V6, 72 Yamaha XS-2, 06 Speed Triple
      09-14-2017 11:33 PM #99
      Legal limit for carrying in TN is 0.0BAC same as most places. There is grey area with it in the vehicle but at least the class I took the teacher stressed to give your gun into the possession of someone else if you are going to drink even if it's in the car. The moment the gun came out of the car and not on her private property she would have been breaking the law if she was under the influence.

Cars
      '18 Volvo V60CC
      09-15-2017 07:52 AM #100
      <<He told the newspaper Mr Melton made explicit remarks and threatened to kill his daughter and her friend while they sat in the car.
      Mr Quackenbush said his daughter fired two "warning shots".
      "She did say she closed her eyes when she shot both times, but they were warnings, and she thought she pointed away from him," he added.
      He said his daughter told him there was no indication the man had been shot.
      The women then left and later returned to a crime scene, he said.
      Ms Quackenbush is set to appear in court on 6 October.>>

1. If he did threaten her, then it's a bold strategy, and will get fleshed out in court.
      2. Basic firearms course. You don't fire warning shots, you don't shoot in the leg. You shoot center mass with every intent to stop an active threat.
      3. Fleeing a scene is not a good look, ever. Unless your life if continually threatened, if you fire, you stay, call 911 and report. To do anything else is STUPID.
      4. I can't pass judgement on her or the situation. A lot of facts aren't out nor corroborated. What the Dad says means **** - it's not under any oath and is severely biased.
      I don't think this will go well for her, especially with fleeing the scene.

Do we know when/ who called 911?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast