VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

RS3 Winter Wheels?

13K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  19dgprs3 
#1 ·
I am looking at the new RS3, but I cannot find any info on Winter wheels or what the smallest wheel sizes I could run for winter in Michigan?

I have a set of 245-45R17 and 255-35R19 on my A4 now, and was hoping one of those sets can be carried over?

Any help would be much appreciated!

#5 · (Edited)
So I just test fitted my 18" b8 s4 winter wheels to see if they fit. With 8mm spacer, There is about 1mm of clearance between the calliper and barrel. Not sure if this is safe
The second picture looks like more than 1mm (more like 5) - do the wheel balance weights line up with the caliper? does it spin around?

I ran 2 winters with wheels that had ~5mm clearance (the wheel weights were within 1mm of the calipers, the rest of the wheel was ~5-6mm) without issue.

If the distance is literally 1mm between the wheel and caliper, I'd say no go just because that could easily be within margin of error (any bump or pothole that flexes the wheel could cause damage).

#12 · (Edited)
Neuspeed RSe10 18"x8.5 ET45

I can confirm the Neuspeed RSe10 wheels will fit the RS3
I got in some 18"x8.5" in a et 45 offset

They're flowformed so they should be strong and they only weigh 20.3 lbs.

Impeccable customer service from Jerry at Neuspeed!

Probably about 3-5mm of clearance at the tightest points at the top and bottom of the caliper to the barrel of the rim. The spokes have ample of clearance. You could likely run with weights just behind the spokes but I'll probably run them in the tire channel about 2" inboard just to be safe.

I'll be running 235/40/18 Blizzaks for the winter

Wheel on Car

Top Caliper

Bottom Caliper

Spoke

Weight

#19 ·
I can confirm the Neuspeed RSe10 wheels will fit the RS3
I got in some 18"x8.5" in a et 45 offset

They're flowformed so they should be strong and they only weigh 20.3 lbs.

Impeccable customer service from Jerry at Neuspeed!

Probably about 3-5mm of clearance at the tightest points at the top and bottom of the caliper to the barrel of the rim. The spokes have ample of clearance. You could likely run with weights just behind the spokes but I'll probably run them in the tire channel about 2" inboard just to be safe.

I'll be running 235/40/18 Blizzaks for the winter
Apologies for the zombie thread bump, but do you have any feedback on this winter combo? New RS3 owner in Chicago, and between the sh!t roads and the miserable weather, I'd like to drop a size on the wheels and pair with a good set of winter tires. Did the 235/40/18 Blizzaks mount, fit, and perform well?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.