Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Cars
      XJ
      07-04-2017 04:33 PM #1
      Anyone out there???

Where are you located? How do you hunt? What's your favorite bird? What gun do you use?

I'm going through serious withdrawal right now. My two friends (brothers) and I operate mostly out of their family's Susquehanna rollover boat (essentially a canoe/sneak boat). We hunt on the Susquehanna River in Washington Boro, PA. Very few people hunt this way any more, and is pretty much known only to my area. If you feel like learning about it, check this link out.

http://susquehanna-wcha.net/rollover/rollover.htm

Between all of us, we have harvested every Atlantic flyway species except Pintails, they typically come before the season, or after the season.

Would love to hear from anyone on here about their stories or tactics!
      VWfiends

*** MK3 PARTS FOR SALE *** Cabrio visors, Aux input OE radio, Vento grille halves, Amber turns, 5x100 -> 112 adapters, and more!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. Member
      Cars
      '92 Jetta Alpine White,and two Japanese daily drivers
      02-06-2018 02:01 PM #2
      Interesting, thank you for sharing.

Cars
      07 Q7 4.2, 12 F-150 Eco Boost
      02-24-2018 03:30 PM #3
      I've tried to go after some Canada geese and ducks.
      Did not have a mentor, or budget to start out with decoys, so it was a sneek up and shoot before they get too far away deal.
      Brought home one duck. It was a Scaup...
      Not knowing anything, I was absolutely disgusted when I tried to cook and eat it. The whole house stunk of rotten fish and pond scum. Couldn't even stomach one bite. I felt bad for wasting it, but didn't want the dog to smell like that.

Since then I haven't tried again, but I did get one goose from another hunter that made some delicious chili.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

6. 04-18-2019 09:22 AM #4
      I mostly prefer a nagging hunt and have more experience with this. However, I know about bird hunting as well, at a minimum, what you need to choose the right tools, an example with help https://righthunting.com/best-ground...or-bowhunting/. In general, about the area, I would advise to go to the fresh waters near the forests, there are many interesting inhabitants there to take a good look. For example, the neighborhood of suburban Seattle.