VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

FS: New Rear tails light seal kits $49.00

13K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  LouisR 
#1 ·
This item it wasn’t previously available before without the purchase of new tail lights.

Replacement rubber rear/tail light seals for all 1998-2006 Audi TT Mk1 models. Replaces the outer rubber trim that fits between the lights and the body of the car. Commonly the OE seals start to crack and break apart. This item is not available separately from the whole tail light assembly through Audi as a replacement part. This is the only replacement seal on the market for Audi TT Mk1. Comes with a 10 year replacement warranty.
Sold as a set. One right and one left. Replacement push on metal clips included.

$49.00 shipped in the lower 48.

Spoonfed MK1 Audi taillight seal set $49.00

See less See more
#7 ·
The seals are great and fit perfect, but it was not an easy job (for me). Took me about 2-2.5 hours. I ended up breaking 90% of the little plastic tabs when I removed the old corroded washers holding in the old seal. And each one I broke, I tried harder on the next one not to break it but I never could figure out how to not break them!!

So, I bought some 3M 300LSE Double Sided Super Sticky Adhesive Tape sheets on Ebay for about $3.50, to hold the seals in place while I put the tail lights back in.

Next problem was the passenger side tail light would not go back in. There is a metal part that pops into a plastic holder thing (I don't know what these are called) but it would not pop back in for the longest time but FINALLY somehow it went in after I punched it and pushed on it.

I'm extremely happy with the seals but as usual, an "easy" job on this car, for me ends up taking me 5 times longer than it should and I always break little plastic parts on whatever I fix. :banghead: :mad:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.