Fourtitude.com - Anthem
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    Fourtitude.com


    Results 1 to 23 of 23

    Thread: Anthem

    1. 06-11-2017 09:08 PM #1
      This game looks good. The graphics are awesome.

      https://youtu.be/EL5GSfs9fi4

    2. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    3. Senior Member Silly_me's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 26th, 1999
      Location
      The Blueass State
      Posts
      27,331
      06-12-2017 03:12 PM #2
      Will this be single player friendly or more like destiny?
      Germans are white people. Look up #84 on the list of things white people like: Gear. Lots of Gear. We even have gear farkles over here. -Atomicalex

      Upon my word I have had as much excitement on a car as in the air, especially since the R.F.C. have had women drivers. -James Byford McCudden

    4. Geriatric Member Hostile's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 18th, 2001
      Location
      Near Rabbit5GTI
      Posts
      38,319
      Cars
      '15 STi & '16 .:R
      06-13-2017 08:40 AM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by Silly_me View Post
      Will this be single player friendly or more like destiny?
      The video in the OP shows the co-op.

      It's supposed to be a Destiny-type looter/shooter. But you can definitely play single or co-op.
      iain

    5. Member
      Join Date
      Sep 20th, 2000
      Location
      Toronto
      Posts
      12,287
      Cars
      2008 Hyundai Accent, 2007 S2000
      06-17-2017 02:40 AM #4
      Anthem: The Better Destiny?!
      Last edited by Avus; 06-17-2017 at 02:43 AM.
      “I am not a Mac user unless under duress.” - John Carmack

    6. Geriatric Member BRealistic's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 16th, 2005
      Location
      East-10EC
      Posts
      78,456
      Cars
      '18 RCSB EB F150
      06-17-2017 12:03 PM #5
      Loot =/= story.

      I hope they deliver with an actual compelling story to move the game along.. but I won't hold my breath.

      I bet you will be playing for xp and hoping to get a "special" gun skin.

      That is all.

    7. Senior Member A.Wilder's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 1st, 2003
      Location
      Raleigh, NC
      Posts
      28,404
      Cars
      Ferrari La Ferrari
      06-17-2017 12:04 PM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by BRealistic View Post
      Loot =/= story.

      I hope they deliver with an actual compelling story to move the game along.. but I won't hold my breath.

      I bet you will be playing for xp and hoping to get a "special" gun skin.

      That is all.
      it seems like a lot of AAA games are looking like prettier Free-2-play games, but they cost $60-120 (season pass) AND have microtransactions to get the good stuff.
      signatures are annoying, right?

    8. Geriatric Member BRealistic's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 16th, 2005
      Location
      East-10EC
      Posts
      78,456
      Cars
      '18 RCSB EB F150
      06-17-2017 03:48 PM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by A.Wilder View Post
      it seems like a lot of AAA games are looking like prettier Free-2-play games, but they cost $60-120 (season pass) AND have microtransactions to get the good stuff.
      FWIW- many people obviously like this type of game.
      But let's be brutally honest.
      ANY online game can be fun with a group of friends.
      Making a game that REQUIRES you to have a group of friends to play it with online for it to be any fun at all (and even playable) = huge f**king fail imho.

    9. Geriatric Member Hostile's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 18th, 2001
      Location
      Near Rabbit5GTI
      Posts
      38,319
      Cars
      '15 STi & '16 .:R
      01-23-2019 09:24 PM #8
      Against my better judgement I've pre-ordered it.

      My Origin ID is "iain_b78" if anyone else is getting it.
      iain

    10. Senior Member Silly_me's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 26th, 1999
      Location
      The Blueass State
      Posts
      27,331
      01-23-2019 10:43 PM #9
      Quote Originally Posted by Hostile View Post
      Against my better judgement I've pre-ordered it.
      Let me know if it can be played single player only, and that I don't need xbox live to play it. Once I finish my current game i'm thinking of picking up the new metro game, I love that series (may replay the first two games first in fact).
      Germans are white people. Look up #84 on the list of things white people like: Gear. Lots of Gear. We even have gear farkles over here. -Atomicalex

      Upon my word I have had as much excitement on a car as in the air, especially since the R.F.C. have had women drivers. -James Byford McCudden

    11. Geriatric Member Hostile's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 18th, 2001
      Location
      Near Rabbit5GTI
      Posts
      38,319
      Cars
      '15 STi & '16 .:R
      01-24-2019 12:08 PM #10
      I have 3 friend passes for the PC demo this weekend.

      If you want one, and will use it, PM me and I'll give you the link.

      Quote Originally Posted by Silly_me View Post
      Let me know if it can be played single player only, and that I don't need xbox live to play it. Once I finish my current game i'm thinking of picking up the new metro game, I love that series (may replay the first two games first in fact).
      I'm sure it can be played solo but it does require Xbox Live Gold or PS Plus to play.
      Last edited by Hostile; 01-24-2019 at 01:58 PM.
      iain

    12. Member
      Join Date
      Sep 20th, 2000
      Location
      Toronto
      Posts
      12,287
      Cars
      2008 Hyundai Accent, 2007 S2000
      01-29-2019 08:48 PM #11
      “I am not a Mac user unless under duress.” - John Carmack

    13. Geriatric Member Hostile's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 18th, 2001
      Location
      Near Rabbit5GTI
      Posts
      38,319
      Cars
      '15 STi & '16 .:R
      01-29-2019 09:33 PM #12
      A 15 minute video that probably took 3 hours to film and edit. Just to bitch about something old and out-dated. **** content, would not click again.

      People played it and enjoyed it so they have to find something to bitch about.
      iain

    14. Senior Member A.Wilder's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 1st, 2003
      Location
      Raleigh, NC
      Posts
      28,404
      Cars
      Ferrari La Ferrari
      01-30-2019 08:54 AM #13
      Quote Originally Posted by Hostile View Post
      A 15 minute video that probably took 3 hours to film and edit. Just to bitch about something old and out-dated. **** content, would not click again.

      People played it and enjoyed it so they have to find something to bitch about.
      Joes been pretty consistent in his crusade against expensive yet "worthless" microtransactions.

      Just read about some of the issues with the "demo" and connectivity issues. Basically the game was DDos'ing EA's own servers with multiple requests to connect

      From what ive seen it gets 2 meh's from me. Looks like a less floaty Destiny/Warframe game. it looks very pretty. But i find this genre of game boring to me personally.
      signatures are annoying, right?

    15. Geriatric Member Hostile's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 18th, 2001
      Location
      Near Rabbit5GTI
      Posts
      38,319
      Cars
      '15 STi & '16 .:R
      01-31-2019 09:35 AM #14
      Quote Originally Posted by A.Wilder View Post
      Joes been pretty consistent in his crusade against expensive yet "worthless" microtransactions.

      Just read about some of the issues with the "demo" and connectivity issues. Basically the game was DDos'ing EA's own servers with multiple requests to connect

      From what ive seen it gets 2 meh's from me. Looks like a less floaty Destiny/Warframe game. it looks very pretty. But i find this genre of game boring to me personally.
      BioWare has said multiple times it wasn't a capacity issue. There isn't any real reason not to believe them, given how transparent they were during the whole demo weekend.

      I liked it a lot. The gameplay was really good.
      iain

    16. Senior Member A.Wilder's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 1st, 2003
      Location
      Raleigh, NC
      Posts
      28,404
      Cars
      Ferrari La Ferrari
      02-02-2019 08:36 AM #15
      Quote Originally Posted by Hostile View Post
      BioWare has said multiple times it wasn't a capacity issue. There isn't any real reason not to believe them, given how transparent they were during the whole demo weekend.

      I liked it a lot. The gameplay was really good.
      I never said it was a capacity issue...their game clients we're essentially DOSing their own servers if they had connectivity issues.
      signatures are annoying, right?

    17. Member
      Join Date
      Sep 20th, 2000
      Location
      Toronto
      Posts
      12,287
      Cars
      2008 Hyundai Accent, 2007 S2000
      02-23-2019 02:47 AM #16
      Very pretty loading screen simulator
      “I am not a Mac user unless under duress.” - John Carmack

    18. Member
      Join Date
      Sep 20th, 2000
      Location
      Toronto
      Posts
      12,287
      Cars
      2008 Hyundai Accent, 2007 S2000
      04-03-2019 07:22 AM #17



      People are basically paying full price a for an Early Access game with free-2-play mechanics...
      Last edited by Avus; 04-03-2019 at 08:00 AM.
      “I am not a Mac user unless under duress.” - John Carmack

    19. Geriatric Member Hostile's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 18th, 2001
      Location
      Near Rabbit5GTI
      Posts
      38,319
      Cars
      '15 STi & '16 .:R
      04-03-2019 04:15 PM #18
      Or you could just read the article, instead of listening to someone scream at you for 30 minutes.

      https://kotaku.com/how-biowares-anth...ong-1833731964
      iain

    20. Senior Member A.Wilder's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 1st, 2003
      Location
      Raleigh, NC
      Posts
      28,404
      Cars
      Ferrari La Ferrari
      04-04-2019 06:32 PM #19
      Quote Originally Posted by Hostile View Post
      Or you could just read the article, instead of listening to someone scream at you for 30 minutes.

      https://kotaku.com/how-biowares-anth...ong-1833731964
      i need someone to help me get into the angry frame of mind.

      The funny thing, to me, is that destiny was almost exactly the same on release: huge ocean, about a mm deep.
      signatures are annoying, right?

    21. Member Nubbin's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 17th, 2007
      Location
      Holmdel, NJ
      Posts
      4,363
      Cars
      2009 Nissan GT-R, 2017 Porsche Cayenne S
      04-18-2019 07:46 PM #20
      Quote Originally Posted by Hostile View Post
      Or you could just read the article, instead of listening to someone scream at you for 30 minutes.

      https://kotaku.com/how-biowares-anth...ong-1833731964
      Reading hard.

      Me play game, me no like.

      Me stop play game. Very nice.
      DWA since 1999

    22. Geriatric Member Hostile's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 18th, 2001
      Location
      Near Rabbit5GTI
      Posts
      38,319
      Cars
      '15 STi & '16 .:R
      04-19-2019 09:12 AM #21
      Quote Originally Posted by A.Wilder View Post
      i need someone to help me get into the angry frame of mind.

      The funny thing, to me, is that destiny was almost exactly the same on release: huge ocean, about a mm deep.
      Anthem isn’t even a huge ocean, more like a large puddle.
      iain

    23. Member
      Join Date
      Sep 20th, 2000
      Location
      Toronto
      Posts
      12,287
      Cars
      2008 Hyundai Accent, 2007 S2000
      05-02-2019 06:27 PM #22
      https://www.gamesradar.com/dragon-ag...lead-creators/

      Dragon Age 4 becomes BioWare's next big focus, as Anthem loses its lead creators
      Three key members of Anthem's development team have already stopped working on the game

      Anthem, believe it or not, is meant to have a 10 year life cycle of post-launch content. But, in light of the game's systemic problems, BioWare's lack of communication, and a dwindling player base, that ambitious post-launch schedule is looking less and less likely, especially in light of recent news about the game's shifting development team.

      In recent weeks, three key members of Anthem's lead development team have departed from work on the project, including Executive Producer Mark Darrah, Lead Producer Michael Gamble, and Lead Director Jonathan Warner, with only the latter intending to return to the game following a personal sabbatical.

      According to a recent tweet from Gamble, the reason for this behind the scenes reshuffle seems to be Dragon Age shaped, as BioWare places the majority of its focus on getting Dragon Age 4 our of the door, following several reported reboots of the RPG sequel.

      When asked by a fan about who the Anthem community should turn to for questions and queries, Gamble confirmed that the game's Lead Producer Ben Irving and Head of Live Service Chad Robertson are now the ones spearheading the game's post-launch cycle, and hopefully steering it into a brighter future than its rocky launch period.

      Dragon Age 4, meanwhile, is reportedly another crack at a live-service game from BioWare, with online elements that would pivot the RPG series from its single-player roots. It's unlikely we'll be hearing anything soon from that title, so don't expect it to be popping up as one of the E3 2019 games later this June. Instead, the best we can hope for in the short-term is that Anthem experiences some sort of miraculous resurgence in quality and vibrance. Stranger things have happened.

      The list of Anthem problems remains long and varied. Watch our 60 second review of the game below to find out some of the biggest gripes we found during our playthrough.
      This is an abandoned ship.
      “I am not a Mac user unless under duress.” - John Carmack

    24. Geriatric Member Hostile's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 18th, 2001
      Location
      Near Rabbit5GTI
      Posts
      38,319
      Cars
      '15 STi & '16 .:R
      05-02-2019 09:21 PM #23
      Quote Originally Posted by Avus View Post
      That's actually not the news people are making it out to be. It's how the industry works. The creative leads never stays on once the game is handed off to the "live service" team, they are put on the next game in development. This is business as usual, no matter how dead Anthem really is.
      iain

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •