VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

AC always runs whenever I turn on climatronic

5K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  bert_06040 
#1 ·
I've got a 2005 B5.5 4mo Passat wagon. Recently my climatronic started acting weird. Whenever I turn on the heater, whether defrost, recirculated or outside air both my auxiliary fan and compressor clutch kick on. The flaps behind the dash move and cold air comes out of the vents. If I shut the climatronic off the clutch and fan shut off. The vents eventually open I feel warm air from the heater core in the vents. I pulled the relay from behind the dash and tried the heat. The aux fan and clutch didn't engage and I had heat. I checked for codes in the climatronic but got 444 00 which means 'no faults'. Some might say that the climatronic uses ac for certain situations which I understand, but this is different, the ac has completely taken over whenever I turn on the climatronic system. Does the climatronic have a separate module which might be damaged or is their another relay? Anyone....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.