Fourtitude.com - I've been using all kinds of products, and THIS was the only thing that worked to get rid of scratches
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Cars
      2013 VW Passat SEL Premium Dieselgate
      05-12-2017 10:06 AM #1
      I purchased the Griot's 6" random orbital a few years back with a slew of their machine finish products. Foam pads from Lake County, etc. My 2017 Accord was delivered with so many scratches and swirls from PDI. They paid to have it "professionally" detailed and the scratches did not come out. So I tried a few spots with the Griots products, but nothing worked.

I've been watching AMMO NYC's YouTube tutorials and he seems to favor Meguiars pads and products. He had one video where he addressed a severely neglected Fit with a Meguiar's 6" low profile Microfiber cutting pad with Meguiars M105 Ultra Cut Compound followed up with Meguiars low-profile yellow foam pad and the #7 Mirror Glaze. The results were outstanding. So I hit up Amazon and got all the Meguires products listed in his tutorial. However I bought both the M105 and the Ultimate Compound. I gave the Ultimate Compound a shot first because it's easier to work with than the M105. My results were mind blowingly AMAZING. 99% of the scratches are GONE. GONE! Unbelievable results, no swirls, no fear of ruining or burning the paint. And the Mirror Glaze followed up with the #26 High Tech Yellow Wax gave such a deep, wet, rich look to the red paint.

I highly, highly recommend these products! And the best part, so inexpensive and made in the Merica! If your paint is softer, I suggest the Ultimate Compound. Harder paint with severe defects, the M105 will do the trick.

Last edited by GolfTango; 05-13-2017 at 08:06 AM.
      2013 Passat SEL Premium Dieselgate
      Instagram!
      My flickr

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. Member
      05-14-2017 09:00 AM #2
      Yup, the Ultimate Compound is the bees knees!!!!!!

Cars
      1977 Coupe DeVille
      05-15-2017 11:33 AM #3
      That is the only compound I use, works amazing
      Dub Cult l DubAudi l ESAD l Only here for the LEGO thread l PVW Nov 2016
      #hardlinesbyswoops #swoopsbuilt IG mr__pq

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

07-14-2017 01:49 PM #4
      Correct me if I'm wrong, but GLAZE products HIDE defects correct? I've always had good luck with m105/205 - interested in trying ultimate compound but not sure where to step down from there.

7. 07-19-2017 04:30 AM #5
      Wow I've never seen such great results before! From the UK; could you tell me how much this cost you roughly? Would love to invest in something like this if its cost effective - price in dollars is fine

8. Member
      Cars
      2019 G70 6MT; 2019 i3 REX; 2005 S2000; 2003 XC70; 1966 GTO
      08-01-2017 10:35 AM #6
      How does this compare to 105?
      Quote Originally Posted by DUBLUV401 View Post
      I am not here for grammer lesson's

Cars
      2013.5 GLI Autobahn
      09-18-2017 01:20 PM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by GTI 20v View Post
      UC is essentially a watered down version of the M105. It was made specifically for the at home user with same or similar technology to the M105, but longer working time and easier for the user than M105 as that product was made for professional body shops.

A couple months ago I bought M101 instead of trying the M105 and used it on my wife's Xterra on an orange medium cutting pad. The results were great since I had some actual paint correction to do before polishing. UC is great but M101 or M105 would be needed for anything worse than light swirling. When in doubt, use the least aggressive product first, then get more aggressive if needed.

09-21-2017 07:03 AM #8
      Quote Originally Posted by Maddave10 View Post
      Correct me if I'm wrong, but GLAZE products HIDE defects correct? I've always had good luck with m105/205 - interested in trying ultimate compound but not sure where to step down from there.
      In the case of this situation, the Meg's #7 is not needed. It's not a product intended for clear coat paints and will simply wash off. It can be used to "amp up" gloss before say a car show or such, but nothing more than any good LSP. It's intended for faded single stage paints that will soak up the product and it's oils to rejuvenate the finish before polishing/correcting. I trust the OP'er used a polish after the compound? If not they will most certainly see the hazing from the UC and MF Pads once #7 wears off. It may not be hugely noticeable as UC does finish fairly well, but if they polish afterwards, they will see the difference for sure. I have some examples showing the difference on Hondas on my site and can link them if anyone has questions.

Quote Originally Posted by GTI 20v View Post
      UC has more oils and thus a longer work time. The abrasives are also not as harsh. M101/105 are about 2 stops higher in terms of cut. That said, if you pair UC with purple wool pads on a Flex unit or MF on a non-forced rotation unit, you will get great results.

Honda's overall have fairly to very soft clear coats and are among the easiest cars to correct.
      Last edited by pdqgp; 09-21-2017 at 07:06 AM.
      2018 Midnight Black Metallic AWD Infiniti Q50S Red Sport | BMS JB4 | 395awhp/430awtq
      2018 Ruby Red Metallic Lincoln MK-C Reserve | AWD 2.3l EcoBoost - Wife's
      2001 Patriot Blue Pearl Jeep Cherokee Limited - Son's