Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Page 163 of 164 FirstFirst ... 63113153159160161162163164 LastLast
    Results 4,051 to 4,075 of 4081
      Cars
      '94 Miata - '16 RAV4 - '10 Prius
      01-14-2020 04:10 PM #4051
      Tatty cosmetics but with the IMS already fixed, this is an intriguing driver if the price stays low..

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...11-carrera-30/

2003 Porsche 911 Carrera 6-Speed
      CURRENT BID: $16,250 ENDS IN: 2:04:44

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. Member
      Cars
      2000 Subaru Outback & 2017 Subaru Outback
      01-14-2020 04:25 PM #4052
      Quote Originally Posted by kenny301 View Post
      I had no idea that option package existed. I wonder how much that'll go for in the end.
      I didn't either. I can't imagine it will boost the price though since it was designed to remove weight. It's not like it's a collectable M3 lightweight. It was also cheaper than the regular STI at the time. I was just looking back at my photos from DirtFish rally school and I'm certain my wife and I drove these Special Editions while we were there.

Like I said, I'm very curious to see where this ends up based on condition and that it's a Special Edition.

01-14-2020 06:43 PM #4053
      Nice car. Older Continental Mark II done to a high standard of authenticity.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...mark-ii-coupe/

West Coast, not that west coast. Bay area, not that bay area.
      Cars
      16 Cayman GTS, 16 Colorado Crew, 19 Bolt, 09 Versys, 2017 Barracuda
      01-14-2020 06:58 PM #4054
      Quote Originally Posted by barry2952 View Post

Understatement of the year right there Barry. This car looks like it was just off the production line. Maybe even better than off the production line.

6. Geriatric Member ValveCoverGasket's Avatar
      Cars
      all the diesels, and an mg
      01-14-2020 07:09 PM #4055
      Quote Originally Posted by Sporin View Post
      Tatty cosmetics but with the IMS already fixed, this is an intriguing driver if the price stays low..

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...11-carrera-30/

2003 Porsche 911 Carrera 6-Speed
      CURRENT BID: $16,250 ENDS IN: 2:04:44

ended at 19, not too shabby. the endless grey interior is a buzzkill, as is any non-black 996 dash but for the money and the IMS being done, definitely a great deal for a driver. i dig that dark blue

01-14-2020 07:11 PM #4056
      Quote Originally Posted by spockcat View Post
      Understatement of the year right there Barry. This car looks like it was just off the production line. Maybe even better than off the production line.
      The club awards are very telling. The LCOC literally wrote the Authenticity Manual that all cars are judged to. I lost 1/2 point for having the wrong color coil wire. It should have been brown instead of black. That demerit was the difference between first and third place. Never went back. However, some people love it.

Cars
      '67 Deluxe Bus, '80 Rabbit Truck, '92 Corrado, '01 S8, '13 CC
      01-15-2020 10:50 AM #4057
      The club awards are very telling. The LCOC literally wrote the Authenticity Manual that all cars are judged to. I lost 1/2 point for having the wrong color coil wire. It should have been brown instead of black. That demerit was the difference between first and third place. Never went back. However, some people love it.
      That sounds like the kind of show that I would love to go walk around. You'll never find other cars that are as "correctly" restored as you do at shows like that. I'd enter my car just to support the show and keep it going, but wouldn't expect to win anything and wouldn't really care what they had to say about my car.

01-15-2020 10:52 AM #4058
      Quote Originally Posted by Stromaluski View Post
      That sounds like the kind of show that I would love to go walk around. You'll never find other cars that are as "correctly" restored as you do at shows like that. I'd enter my car just to support the show and keep it going, but wouldn't expect to win anything and wouldn't really care what they had to say about my car.
      I, personally, prefer Concours events for the variety. LCOC events look like used cars lots with all the hoods up. Meh.

10. Feels Like the First Time DeeJoker's Avatar
      Cars
      2013 C300 4M, 2004 TRD Tacoma
      01-15-2020 12:52 PM #4059
      I, personally, prefer Concours events for the variety. LCOC events look like used cars lots with all the hoods up. Meh.
      Loving your whipping of knowledge on the BaT comments, Barry. I saw that pop up the other day and was going to send it to you, and then all of the sudden...
      The above post may contain opinions, coarse language, offensive terms, spelling mistakes, and/or improper grammar. You have been warned.

01-15-2020 01:17 PM #4060
      Quote Originally Posted by DeeJoker View Post
      Loving your whipping of knowledge on the BaT comments, Barry. I saw that pop up the other day and was going to send it to you, and then all of the sudden...
      Someone that is interested in the car gave me a heads-up. Why do people get so perturbed when faced with facts?

12. Feels Like the First Time DeeJoker's Avatar
      Cars
      2013 C300 4M, 2004 TRD Tacoma
      01-16-2020 10:17 AM #4061
      Someone that is interested in the car gave me a heads-up. Why do people get so perturbed when faced with facts?
      Because facts are incontrovertible truth. And facts don't care about feelings. Didn't you know that feelings were more important than anything else?

The above post may contain opinions, coarse language, offensive terms, spelling mistakes, and/or improper grammar. You have been warned.

01-16-2020 10:25 AM #4062
      Quote Originally Posted by DeeJoker View Post
      Because facts are incontrovertible truth. And facts don't care about feelings. Didn't you know that feelings were more important than anything else?

That is seemingly so.

14. Member
      Cars
      2000 Subaru Outback & 2017 Subaru Outback
      01-16-2020 06:06 PM #4063
      Quote Originally Posted by bnkrpt311 View Post
      I really want a hatchback STI. I'm impatiently waiting until my daycare expenses go away. This car is in similar condition cosmetically to what I'll be looking for so I'm curious what kind of money it will be bring.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...eza-wrx-sti-5/

Sold for $20,500. I think that's a fair price. The comment section would believe it was a steal based on the low mileage and the low production numbers.

Cars
      W116 - W123 - AMG - W463
      01-16-2020 06:19 PM #4064

01-16-2020 10:45 PM #4065
      ALotta entertaining drama went down yesterday on the AC Cobra

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...chassis-cobra/

17. Geriatric Member ValveCoverGasket's Avatar
      Cars
      all the diesels, and an mg
      Yesterday 12:09 AM #4066
      Quote Originally Posted by 4th Branch View Post

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...chassis-cobra/

Skimmed the first handful of comments - is there a cliff notes? Sounds like the seller got caught shill bidding and won his own auction?
      Shady, where's BaT to clean that up?

Cars
      98 M3, 2000 323it
      Yesterday 12:22 AM #4067
      The owner of the car bid on his own car which was being posted by a dealership selling on consignment, because he was unhappy with the bidding. So he bid on his own car to prevent someone from getting a deal on a no reserve auction.
      98 m3, Technoviolet/anthrazit cloth, 112k and officially worthless.
      2000 323i touring, Titanium silver/grey, 160k and officially boring

Cars
      '67 Deluxe Bus, '80 Rabbit Truck, '92 Corrado, '01 S8, '13 CC
      Yesterday 09:13 AM #4068
      Quote Originally Posted by Harv View Post
      Meh. Looks like an E-type that got stung by a bunch of bees.

Yesterday 09:30 AM #4069

Beautiful interior. White isn't the best paint color but if it was ordered that way and originality is paramount then it has to be white, although I prefer them in darker colors. Owning a car like this is a great responsibility to preserve it in such fine condition for generations to come. This is probably as good as it will ever get. Once cars reach a certain age it is all but impossible to achieve the kind of restoration that this car received because NOS parts simply don't exist anymore.

Cars
      '12 MINI Clubman S '99 BMW 328ic
      Yesterday 09:40 AM #4070
      Quote Originally Posted by freedomgli View Post
      Beautiful interior. White isn't the best paint color but if it was ordered that way and originality is paramount then it has to be white, although I prefer them in darker colors. Owning a car like this is a great responsibility to preserve it in such fine condition for generations to come. This is probably as good as it will ever get. Once cars reach a certain age it is all but impossible to achieve the kind of restoration that this car received because NOS parts simply don't exist anymore.
      Why not?

Cars with lower production numbers than the Mark II get full restorations. I don't know how they get parts other than having someone make them, but it happens.

I agree on the color though. Sign me up for this:

Yesterday 09:54 AM #4071
      Quote Originally Posted by bnkrpt311 View Post
      Sold for $20,500. I think that's a fair price. The comment section would believe it was a steal based on the low mileage and the low production numbers.
      The problem is it isn't really that special of a car. It's a typical watered down for the USA market "special edition" with some de-contenting and some parts bin engineering to reinvigorate sales of relatively unpopular model: remember when these were new the hatch wasn't selling well in the USA, which is why Subaru offered a sedan version again for 2011. It's not as "special" as a JDM Spec C, let alone Type RA or other special editions. Plus Subaru offered a plethora of special editions over the years so there's no shortage of "special" versions of already "special" WRXs to choose from.

The black alcantara trimmed seats are slightly nicer than the standard ones I suppose but easily reproduced in the aftermarket if one wanted that look. I always preferred the more iconic and popular blue alcantara seats offered on other years/ versions. The suspension items are meh. They're easily replicated or surpassed in the aftermarket and wear and tear items would likely be replaced as the car ages anyhow. It's not a bad car. But I'm not compelled to buy this over a standard STI in the used market.

Yesterday 09:57 AM #4072
      Quote Originally Posted by CostcoPizza View Post
      Why not?

Cars with lower production numbers than the Mark II get full restorations. I don't know how they get parts other than having someone make them, but it happens.

I agree on the color though. Sign me up for this
      Nothing will replace originality. A truly original car is worth more than a car restored with original parts is worth more than a car restored with repop parts, all else being equal. It's not unusual for obsessive type people to spend $100k-$300k and 1000-2000 hours more taking a car from a 95pt restoration (which would win most local car shows) to a 100pt restoration quality (museum/ Pebble Beach quality). Once the supply of NOS parts dry up, that's it. Sure, you can spend countless thousands of dollars attempting to make modern recreations of certain parts, and some of those recreated parts might be technically "better" than the originals. But cars restored in this manner will be less authentic, which is sure to affect value at the high-end of the market.
      Last edited by freedomgli; Yesterday at 09:59 AM.

Yesterday 10:12 AM #4073
      It's a car in a strange market position. It was never completed as a Cobra when new. Then it was a project car for decades and a vintage racer. It has a replacement chassis number received much later in life, which adds great suspicion by itself. This is what is known as a car "with stories" meaning the provenance is not as clear or desirable as other cars. And at the pointy end of the collector car market, provenance is everything.

It's no wonder this seller wanted his car to be worth more than the market says it is on this day at this auction venue. He sees original Cobras selling for 7 figures and believes his must be worth 80% of that. But given the plethora of replicas (from cheap FFR to high-end Kirkhams to quasi-legit CSX4000) at much more affordable prices, this car was bound to be valued much closer to the replicas than the no-stories CSX2000 cars.

Cars
      '12 MINI Clubman S '99 BMW 328ic
      Yesterday 10:24 AM #4074
      Quote Originally Posted by freedomgli View Post
      Nothing will replace originality. A truly original car is worth more than a car restored with original parts is worth more than a car restored with repop parts, all else being equal. It's not unusual for obsessive type people to spend $100k-$300k and 1000-2000 hours more taking a car from a 95pt restoration (which would win most local car shows) to a 100pt restoration quality (museum/ Pebble Beach quality). Once the supply of NOS parts dry up, that's it. Sure, you can spend countless thousands of dollars attempting to make modern recreations of certain parts, and some of those recreated parts might be technically "better" than the originals. But cars restored in this manner will be less authentic, which is sure to affect value at the high-end of the market.
      It makes perfect sense in theory, but do you have any examples of this actually happening? I.e. prices on a certain make/model decreasing purely because original parts have been exhausted.

26. Senior Member LT1M21Stingray's Avatar
      Cars
      SR71 C30 t53a/b/b
      Yesterday 10:34 AM #4075
      The peanut gallery is fantastic.
      Quote Originally Posted by Mk1Madness
      Back when making your car faster and better handling was the big thing.
      Quote Originally Posted by Tavarish
      The car's best safety feature includes ejecting you in the moment of impact and wishing you the best of luck.
      Buy my couch!

Page 163 of 164 FirstFirst ... 63113153159160161162163164 LastLast