Fourtitude.com - The Bring A Trailer (BAT) watch thread
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Page 105 of 111 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109 ... LastLast
    Results 2,601 to 2,625 of 2754
      Cars
      the kidney people wouldn't take it
      05-21-2019 02:14 PM #2601
      Quote Originally Posted by tbvvw View Post
      There's 2 E39s now for $69K, a 2002 w/ 21k miles and a 2003 w/ 24k miles. If I were the owner/seller of this BaT car...that's my target.
      Jokes aside, EAG is about the only more optimistic price than you'll find on BaT
      call it potatography

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Cars
      Corrado Lysholm, 2014 Challenger R/T manual, 2013 Camaro SS Dusk Hurst manual & 2001 SVT Lightning
      05-21-2019 02:31 PM #2602
      1972 Alfa Romeo Montreal - featured on Motorweek

High Bid: $61,000 (Reserve not met)

Chassis: AR1426570
      99k Kilometers (~62k Miles) Shown
      2.6-Liter DOHC V8
      5-Speed Manual Transmission
      Signal Red over Black
      SPICA Mechanical Fuel Injection
      Bilstein Shocks, Dave Rugh Springs
      Recent Synchros & Thermostatic Actuator
      Penatti Fuel Pump System
      Spare Parts
      Handwritten Service Records
      Private Party or Dealer: Private Party
      Carz: allpic My 3 C's- Challenger, Camaro & Corrado -*Dusk Edition SS-*Group-*Challenger RT
      Quote Originally Posted by 20aeman View Post
      Yep, when I see andlf as the thread starter, it's a mandatory click now.
      G stands for GRENADE, 60 stands for what the tach says when it happens!.."Here"

4. Member
      Cars
      3 Audis, 1 Honda, 1 GMC
      05-21-2019 02:58 PM #2603
      Quote Originally Posted by turbo_nine View Post
      Jokes aside, EAG is about the only more optimistic price than you'll find on BaT
      Yes, sure. But I know 2 guys who have purchased 2003 M5s from there, one being my brother-in-law and both have been 100% satisfied. My brother paid a premium for his and it's been his main DD for about 10 yrs now. No regrets...

5. Member
      Cars
      2017 Chevrolet SS 6M
      05-21-2019 08:39 PM #2604
      Quote Originally Posted by Dravenport View Post
      y'all killing me with these M5s
      Then try to cool off a bit with a humble E39 540 6-speed... With a cassette player! (only 73K miles, too)

Quote Originally Posted by Broduski View Post
      TCL would suggest a Bi-Turbo to a single mother of 4 just for sh*t's and giggles.
      Quote Originally Posted by Sold Over Sticker View Post
      Here we can all drive like Colin McRae in his prime, earn $25k a month and bang super models. We can also text and drive.
      Quote Originally Posted by Air and water do mix View Post
      The manual may be in an iron lung, but it isn’t dead yet.

6. Don't be me. Don't be a 'Rick' Cabin Pics's Avatar
      Cars
      2004 E46, 2018 SQ5
      05-21-2019 09:14 PM #2605
      Quote Originally Posted by TJSwoboda View Post
      Then try to cool off a bit with a humble E39 540 6-speed... With a cassette player! (only 73K miles, too)

Oh snap.
      Instagram - efrie004

Buy my E46 sport springs. H&R part # 29485 - PM for details.

Cars
      Corrado Lysholm, 2014 Challenger R/T manual, 2013 Camaro SS Dusk Hurst manual & 2001 SVT Lightning
      05-22-2019 11:16 AM #2606
      8k-Mile 1987 Lamborghini Jalpa

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...orghini-jalpa/

This 1987 Lamborghini Jalpa was manufactured in June 1987 and is one of 410 examples produced. Finished in black over a black leather interior, the car now shows just 12k kilometers (~7,500) miles and is powered by a 3.5-liter DOHC V8 paired with a five-speed manual gearbox. Equipment includes a removable targa roof panel, a rear spoiler, air conditioning, and an Alpine stereo. Recent service consisted of a new throttle cable, a carburetor tune-up, and an oil change. This Jalpa was acquired by the selling dealer in 2013 and is now offered with a copy of the certificate of origin, recent service records, a tool kit, a clean Carfax report, and a clean New Jersey title.

Chassis: ZA9JB00A3HLA12369
      12k Kilometers (~7,500 Miles) Shown
      3.5-Liter DOHC V8
      5-Speed Manual Gearbox
      Black over Black
      Air Conditioning
      Gated Shifter
      Rear Spoiler
      Clean Carfax Report
      Private Party or Dealer: Dealer
      1969 Chevrolet Camaro 350 4-Speed

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...let-camaro-32/

This 1969 Chevrolet Camaro is said to have left the Norwood, Ohio GM plant in November 1968 and is powered by a 350ci V8 mated to a Saginaw four-speed manual transmission. The current owner acquired the car twelve years ago in its current configuration, reportedly following an SS-style refurbishment which included a repaint in Hugger Orange as well as houndstooth seat upholstery. Other modifications include power-assisted steering and front disc brakes, a Hurst shifter, auxiliary gauges, and more. An April 2019 service consisted of resealing the transmission as well as mounting new tires, installing a fresh battery, an oil change, and wiring repairs. This Camaro is offered on consignment by the selling dealer in North Carolina with a reprinted owner’s manual, an indoor car cover, records since 2017, and a clean South Carolina title.

Chassis: 124379B540292
      40k Miles Shown
      350ci V8
      Saginaw 4-Speed Manual Transmission
      Repainted in Hugger Orange
      Reupholstered Houndstooth Seats
      Power Steering & Front Disc Brakes
      Hurst Shifter
      New Battery, Oil Change, Wiring Repairs
      Resealed Transmission
      Carz: allpic My 3 C's- Challenger, Camaro & Corrado -*Dusk Edition SS-*Group-*Challenger RT

Cars
      '12 Ford Explorer, '02 EJ251 Outback
      05-22-2019 12:05 PM #2607
      Quote Originally Posted by andlf View Post
      Love the old school Alpine Head unit in this
      <<<--Between the Evergreens-->>>
      between.the.evergreens <---my IG

Cars
      2011 128i
      05-22-2019 12:52 PM #2608
      that Jalpa is dead sexy
      Quote Originally Posted by westopher View Post
      If you want to spend a bunch of money for something to look at, buy a painting. I'll happily drive my car til its worth nothing.
      Quote Originally Posted by JalopnikMatt View Post
      Since my presence has been requested, Beetlejuice-style, I'll address the current controversy:
      Yes, the Prius is the greatest car ever made.

Cars
      15 GSW, 15 Passat Sport, 03 20th, 88 Cabby, 64 Yamaha
      05-23-2019 06:15 AM #2609
      Quote Originally Posted by Dravenport View Post
      that Jalpa is dead sexy
      Agreed - I had kind of forgotten about the Jalpa.

Cars
      05-23-2019 08:49 AM #2610
      1997 Toyota Supra Twin Turbo 6-Speed

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1997-toyota-supra-21/

This 1997 Toyota Supra Turbo is a 15th Anniversary Sport Roof model finished in black over black leather. According to the selling dealer, the car was purchased new through Competition Toyota and traded back to the same dealer by the original owner in 2003. The second owner reportedly moved the car to Florida in 2017, and the selling dealer acquired it in 2018. Power comes from a twin-turbocharged 3.0L 2JZ inline-six paired with a 6-speed manual transmission. Now showing 62,500 miles, this A80 is offered by the selling dealer in Glen Head, New York with a clean Carfax, factory manuals and a Utah title.

Seller: RareCarCollector
      Chassis: JT2DE82A8V0038857
      62,500 Miles
      Twin-Turbo 3.0L Inline-Six
      6-Speed Manual Transmission
      Black over Black Leather
      15th Anniversary Model
      Factory Manuals
      Clean Carfax Report

12. Senior Member LT1M21Stingray's Avatar
      Cars
      SR71 C30 t53a/b/b
      05-23-2019 11:35 AM #2611
      So much houndstooth. ^^
      Quote Originally Posted by Mk1Madness
      Back when making your car faster and better handling was the big thing.
      Quote Originally Posted by Tavarish
      The car's best safety feature includes ejecting you in the moment of impact and wishing you the best of luck.
      Buy my couch!

Cars
      SQ5, Allroad, & Miata
      05-23-2019 12:37 PM #2612

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...t-2-930-based/

The 930 Kremer SoS drove went up for sale today. Looking forward to watching this one.

Cars
      05-23-2019 12:38 PM #2613
      ^^ I was just drooling over that a few minutes ago.

Cars
      05-23-2019 12:55 PM #2614
      1970 DeTomaso Mangusta - ENDING SOON

CURRENT BID: $200K 55 minutes to go

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...maso-mangusta/

16. Planters (fasciitis) peanuts. Dang dogg Sold Over Sticker's Avatar
      05-23-2019 01:37 PM #2615
      Quote Originally Posted by bothhandsplease View Post

The 930 Kremer SoS drove went up for sale today. Looking forward to watching this one.
      I’ll be sad to see it go. After he changed the exhaust it was Chinese New Year behind it.

And here I thought my SS backfired.

The raised nose looks goofy, but it’s so much easier to get it down a public road, much less a back road at speed.
      Driving While Awesome Podcast. Give it a listen.
      Quote Originally Posted by Phillie Phanatic
      SoS - please shoot a message when Brendan & His Retarded Sycophants has another gig. I’ll be there, front row.

Cars
      05-23-2019 02:13 PM #2616
      ^^ You west coast guys get to see all the cool stuff.

18. Don't be me. Don't be a 'Rick' Cabin Pics's Avatar
      Cars
      2004 E46, 2018 SQ5
      05-23-2019 03:48 PM #2617
      I’ll be sad to see it go. After he changed the exhaust it was Chinese New Year behind it.

And here I thought my SS backfired.

The raised nose looks goofy, but it’s so much easier to get it down a public road, much less a back road at speed.
      Instagram - efrie004

Cars
      2013 GTI/9-5 Aero SportCombi/993
      05-23-2019 04:12 PM #2618
      Quote Originally Posted by bothhandsplease View Post

I always find it interesting to try to trace the history of a car like this. Found both previous owners:

Stout:

At age 31 Mr. Stout answered an ad in the Los Angeles Times for a vice president of development. He was selected out of forty six hundred applicants, shortly thereafter, he was appointed founding partner for the U.S. operations of Daon Development Corporation of Vancouver, British Colombia, Canada. With a five million dollar grubstake from his new Canadian partners a major U.S. development company was born.

As founding President and Chief Executive Officer of U.S. Operations for the Daon Corporation, headquartered in Newport Beach, California, the company grew from a ground zero position in early 1975, to becoming the largest public real estate company in the United States by 1981. Mr. Stout was managing over twelve hundred employees throughout the country at this time. The company was ranked the second largest real estate company in North America. In 1978 and 1979 Daon was the most profitable public real estate company in North America. The U.S. subsidiary contributed over 70% of all revenues during his tenure. In the fiscal year ending October 31, 1980, U.S. operations contributed $464.2 million of the company’s gross revenues as compared to $189.8 million contributed by the Canadian operations. The company built over 10,000 homes, acquired over 25,000 rental apartment units, and converted the units to condominium ownership. The company was one of the largest land developers and suppliers of finished lots in North America, with over 100,000 acres of land in the United States alone.

As President and Chief Executive Officer of the J.D. Stout Company he acquired and developed over 20,000 multi-family rental units. The company became one of the largest apartment companies in the U.S. with over 1000 employees nation wide. All units were ultimately syndicated and sold. The portfolio was valued at One Billion U.S. Dollars at the time of the sale.

Specialties: In excess of Six Billion U.S. Dollars of Real estate development experience including acquisitions, finance, zoning, land use, construction, self storage development, hotel development, restaurant development, mobile home development, retail, industrial, commercial, and apartment development; including leasing and property management. Career feature articles; Money Magazine, Executive Magazine, Orange Coast Magazine, Sports Illustrated, Los Angeles Magazine, and various major newspaper articles.
      Kanter:

Harry is the founder and CEO of United Westlabs Inc., a health care services company based in Orange County, California. Harry founded the company in 1993, and has built it into one of the most successful healthcare management companies in the country. UWL enters into agreements with major hospital organizations to provide hospitals with its proprietary turn-key business model, technology, expertise, billing systems, connectivity and staffing necessary to implement and manage robust hospital-based, laboratory outreach programs. The company has implemented, managed, and staffed over 27 hospital-based laboratory outreach programs throughout the country.

Harry also serves as president of the board of directors of the Joseph H. Kanter Family Foundation, founded by Harry’s father (a World War II veteran, self-made entrepreneur, and cancer survivor). The foundation has been working for over two decades to transform healthcare using health data. The Foundation mobilizes diverse organizations and people to share health data, as well as harness the potential of analytics, to empower learning from every health experience. The Foundation remains the first and only philanthropic foundation founded by a patient activist whose mission is to realize such a patient-centered Learning Health System at national and global scales.

Prior to his involvement in health care, Harry served as president of the Bank of Florida and as a board member of the National Banking Corporation of Florida. He remains a trustee and partner of his family’s investment firm, which is one of the largest landowners in south Florida.

Harry graduated from Georgetown University, with a finance degree. He has two children and lives in Los Angeles, CA.

Interestingly enough, Stout seems to have had a fun time in the S&L 80s:

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-...604-story.html

Indictment Ties Orange County Developer to Kickback Deals
      KIM MURPHY
      Times Staff Writer
      June 30, 1988

Orange County real estate developer James D. Stout was indicted Wednesday by a federal grand jury on charges of accepting $1.5 million in kickbacks in a series of real estate transactions with the troubled Beverly Hills Savings & Loan Assn.

Stout, whose relationship with a former Beverly Hills S&L; executive vice president was the subject of a congressional investigation in 1985, is charged with collecting secret commissions from a real estate brokerage to which he had channeled purchases financed by the S&L; from 1982 to 1984.

Stout, who founded the Daon Corp.'s U.S. division and earned a reported $6 million a year as owner of his own real estate investment and management firm in Irvine, J. D. Stout Co., was a partner with the now-insolvent Mission Viejo-based Beverly Hills S&L; in the purchase of 56 apartment projects worth more than $450 million, according to the indictment.

Assistant U.S. Atty. Anita Dymant said Stout's companies were responsible for locating, evaluating and acquiring properties in exchange for a general partnership in the purchase, while Beverly Hills acted as limited partner and put up the financing.

Unavailable for Comment

The indictment alleges that Stout obtained secret commissions from Haun, Raab, Webster & Co., an Orange County brokerage that handled the bulk of the acquisitions, that generally amounted to one-half or one-third of the brokerage's sales commissions.

According to the indictment, Stout received about $3.8 million in commissions during the two years of Beverly Hills S&L;'s apartment purchases, of which $1.5 million was paid to Stout without the S&L;'s knowledge.

Dymant said the payments amounted to illegal kickbacks both because of Stout's failure to disclose the commissions to the savings and loan and because of his own financial relationship with the thrift. Stout was not only a partner in the transactions, but was a director of one of the companies created to handle the purchases, BHS Realty Corp., a second-tier subsidiary of the savings and loan, Dymant said.

"The problem with all of that is that what Stout was getting essentially was Beverly Hills' money, and it was a secret profit that he didn't tell his partner about," the prosecutor said.

Neither Stout nor his attorney could be reached for comment.

An oversight committee of the House Energy and Commerce Committee in 1985 examined Stout's personal relationship with Robert E. Newberry, the S&L;'s former executive vice president, focusing on allegations that Newberry personally received $200,000 in bonuses from Stout in 1983.

Newberry has not been charged in the indictment, and Dymant said "it's hard to say" whether Newberry knew about the commissions Stout allegedly received. She added: "This indictment does not necessarily conclude the investigation; the investigation is ongoing."

Beverly Hills Savings & Loan was declared insolvent in 1985 and taken over by the Federal Home Loan Bank Board, under whose direction it is now operating.

If convicted on the 11 counts of fraudulent participation in savings and loan transactions, Stout faces a maximum sentence of 55 years in prison and a $110,000 fine.
      Leonardo - Team Post-Killing Ninja
      Fizzy - Team My Little Pony
      #FREEPATRIKMAN
      Quote Originally Posted by Jrod511 View Post
      If I could do one thing with a DeLorean it would be to give Vad's parents a condom.
      Quote Originally Posted by Sledge View Post
      Do you want to be known as the guy who makes worse automotive decisions than VadGTI?

20. Don't be me. Don't be a 'Rick' Cabin Pics's Avatar
      Cars
      2004 E46, 2018 SQ5
      05-23-2019 04:25 PM #2619
      Thanks for posting that Vad, I have no idea why I think that stuff is interesting, but I love it.
      Instagram - efrie004

21. Member
      Cars
      2005 Acura TSX
      05-23-2019 06:48 PM #2620
      I have a chubby for this one:

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2005-acura-tsx/

Any idea what the lower wheel is? Is it connected to a potentiometer to measure steering wheel angle?

22. 05-23-2019 08:02 PM #2621
      Quote Originally Posted by andlf View Post
      1997 Toyota Supra Twin Turbo 6-Speed

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1997-toyota-supra-21/

Dammit... Had to make sure this wasn't my car. I had this exact same model for four-plus wonderful years and I still miss it to this day. My Beloved bought it new for me as an anniversary present, but as she was never able to fully enjoy it due to the manuel (I know, I know. Stop it), when she expressed an interest on a 325Ci, I traded it in on that to celebrate another anniversary. I was a goddamned idiot

23. Don't be me. Don't be a 'Rick' Cabin Pics's Avatar
      Cars
      2004 E46, 2018 SQ5
      05-23-2019 11:21 PM #2622
      Quote Originally Posted by boogetyboogety View Post
      Dammit... Had to make sure this wasn't my car. I had this exact same model for four-plus wonderful years and I still miss it to this day. My Beloved bought it new for me as an anniversary present, but as she was never able to fully enjoy it due to the manuel (I know, I know. Stop it), when she expressed an interest on a 325Ci, I traded it in on that to celebrate another anniversary. I was a goddamned idiot
      Love is forever.

Love is forever.

Love is forever.

Love is forever.

Love is forever.
      Instagram - efrie004

24. Member
      Cars
      2017 Chevrolet SS 6M
      05-25-2019 01:32 AM #2623
      55K mile 2003 540/6 in SOS's neck of the woods, but it's already at $9300 with a week left. I got only $12K on trade for mine with 93K miles, over seven years ago.

TCL would suggest a Bi-Turbo to a single mother of 4 just for sh*t's and giggles.
      Here we can all drive like Colin McRae in his prime, earn $25k a month and bang super models. We can also text and drive.

25. Member
      Cars
      2017 Chevrolet SS 6M
      05-25-2019 01:50 AM #2624

26. Member
      Cars
      2017 Chevrolet SS 6M
      05-27-2019 06:28 PM #2625
      And the M5s keep coming: Sub-23K mile 2000 M5. No, that's not a typo.

Page 105 of 111 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109 ... LastLast