VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Tyrol Deadset and ST

4K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  The1Bill 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi,

From what I can see, the Deadset kit pushes a competitor from Street Touring to Street Prepared. Am I reading that correctly?

14.8.K:
K. Subframe mount bushings may be replaced, but must attach in the standard
location(s) without additional modification or changes. Subframe
position may not be changed. The amount of metal in a replacement bushing
may not be increased relative to the amount of metal found in a standard
bushing for the particular application. Solid metal bushings are specifically
prohibited.

It seems that I've modified myself into SP for my first Autocross, and I'll still have to swap lower ball joints to be compliant with SP, else I'll be in SM.

#3 ·
Well, I suppose that the rules don't really cover what happens when there are *no* subframe bushings. I'll ask at my next event, but I have plenty of things that are bumping me out of a nice friendly class, namely adjustable ball joints *and* the camber plate that came at the top of my coilovers. And then there is the tune... et cetera.

I just noticed the subframe bushings parts when I was trying to figure out what class I'm going to have to run, and thought it was interesting. If they won't let me run with my Deadset, well, they're going to have to prise them from my cold dead hands!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.