Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
      Cars
      2010 Subaru Forester, 2013 VW Golf
      06-02-2017 09:56 AM #26
      List of requirements:

Seating for 5 adults with +2 option for kids for short trips - YES
      Moderate off road ability (6-9 inches of snow and forest access road capable) - YES
      AWD or 4x4 system that can be on at highway speeds (forget to turn off) - YES
      Reliability - YES
      Heated and Cooled Seats - YES

List of nice to haves:
      V8 - YES
      Really ugly front end - MOST DEFINITELY

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Cars
      2019 Subaru Ascent
      06-02-2017 10:21 AM #27
      Quote Originally Posted by spathotan View Post
      Lol.

Anyways, OP I think you should keep the CX-9 on your list, did you test drive it with people in the 3rd row? And Mazda has some kind of software fix/option/patch to add CarPlay/Android Auto to future and existing vehicles. https://www.cars.com/articles/mazda-...1420694439589/
      Hmm I'll take another look, I didn't know they were going to add Android Auto. But I still would wait until it is added because they could delay or say only in newer models.

Quote Originally Posted by GoStumpy View Post
      Don't do it. The Flex is a nightmare. Best friend bought one, had tons of trouble, sold it, and new owner had even more trouble. They seem great, drive great, look great, but aren't great.
      The Flex is out my wife hates the look of it.

Quote Originally Posted by mouseOfMars View Post
      List of requirements:

Seating for 5 adults with +2 option for kids for short trips - YES
      Moderate off road ability (6-9 inches of snow and forest access road capable) - YES
      AWD or 4x4 system that can be on at highway speeds (forget to turn off) - YES
      Reliability - YES
      Heated and Cooled Seats - YES

List of nice to haves:
      V8 - YES
      Really ugly front end - MOST DEFINITELY

I have looked at these and while they do not have Android Auto I'm very mixed on this vehicle the ventilated seats are horrible as they only do the end of the seat. My Uncle has one and after 6 months has done nothing but complained about it. If he finds a replacement and decides to sell it I will probably buy it from him as he keeps his cars in terrific condition. Also this uses premium fuel which does add a bit to the operating cost.

Cars
      2013 Jetta 2.5, 2015 Mazda3
      06-03-2017 01:40 PM #28
      I think thats the nature of ventilated seats in general. I think they operate the same in the Atlas and the Mustang.

Cars
      2019 Subaru Ascent
      06-05-2017 09:40 AM #29
      Quote Originally Posted by spathotan View Post
      I think thats the nature of ventilated seats in general. I think they operate the same in the Atlas and the Mustang.
      My wife's Hyundai Sonata is not like that they cooled section goes all the way back and when I checked the Audi Q7 it was the same way.

The Lexus GX stops at the first seam and you get nothing further back.

See that seam midway that appears to be the cutoff point and no air is further back.

Cars
      '12 Honda CRV EX, '18 Tundra TRD Off-Road 4x4
      06-05-2017 11:31 AM #30
      Lol at saying 4Runner 3rd row isn't useable. We have a 2016 SR5, and my wife uses the 3rd row all of the time. Our kids 8 & 6 years old have never complained about it. We've also picked up family members at the airport a few times a year, and put averaged sized adults back there.

But don't take my word, my kiddie shuttle in the mornings is a 2017 BRZ, which has an even tighter back seat than the 3rd row in my wife's 4Runner.

Cars
      2019 Subaru Ascent
      06-05-2017 03:14 PM #31
      Quote Originally Posted by Cutandthrust View Post
      Lol at saying 4Runner 3rd row isn't useable. We have a 2016 SR5, and my wife uses the 3rd row all of the time. Our kids 8 & 6 years old have never complained about it. We've also picked up family members at the airport a few times a year, and put averaged sized adults back there.

But don't take my word, my kiddie shuttle in the mornings is a 2017 BRZ, which has an even tighter back seat than the 3rd row in my wife's 4Runner.
      I tried to sit in the third row and my knees were jammed into the 2nd row seats. I'm not that tall at only 5' 11". I'm looking for something where my kids won't complain when facing a 10-25 minute drive and as my oldest is 11 and I plan on keeping the car for 10 years I want it to be usable for someone my size.

Yes I would never put my kids into the back of a BRZ regularly because I was shoved into the back of many small vehicles as a kid and hated it. I want them to enjoy going out for a drive not complain.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12