Fourtitude.com - Main Radiator Fan Replacement
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Cars
      '01 Audi TT 225Q
      01-22-2017 10:20 PM #1
      Hey guys, so I attempted to change my bad main rad fan and thought I was slick and tried to snake it out. Well, I cant exactly get the fan motor past the throttle body, and going down isnt an option. If I take of the front bumper, headlights and top bolts of the core support will I be able to tilt it and remove it? I have not seen a diy for it on a 225 and I unfortunately do not have access to a bentley.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
      '01 Audi TT 225│Motoza Tuned│4Bar FPR│MadMaxDV│Forge DV/N75 hoses│Airlift Performance 3P│MadMax LCAs│Reiger Roof Spoiler│Neuspeed P-Flo│42DD TBE│.:R 15mm Rear Sway w/ Powerflex street bushings│Samco TIP│BFI Stage 2 Dogbone│BBS RSii Concave/Super Concave│Custom Air Tank Cage│Votex kit│3.2 Valance│Colormatched Shaved Headlights│

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. Member
      Cars
      2003 Audi TT 225 BEA; DBP 2004 Volkswagen Golf R32
      01-23-2017 01:24 AM #2
      If it"s only the throttle body in the way then i would just remove it. 4 allen heads, a vacuum line, and a plug.

Cars
      '01 Audi TT 225Q
      01-23-2017 07:52 AM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by 224rebels View Post
      If it"s only the throttle body in the way then i would just remove it. 4 allen heads, a vacuum line, and a plug.
      I got access to a bentley and it says to remove the coolant line below the TB

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
      '01 Audi TT 225│Motoza Tuned│4Bar FPR│MadMaxDV│Forge DV/N75 hoses│Airlift Performance 3P│MadMax LCAs│Reiger Roof Spoiler│Neuspeed P-Flo│42DD TBE│.:R 15mm Rear Sway w/ Powerflex street bushings│Samco TIP│BFI Stage 2 Dogbone│BBS RSii Concave/Super Concave│Custom Air Tank Cage│Votex kit│3.2 Valance│Colormatched Shaved Headlights│

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Cars
      02 Audi TT
      01-25-2017 02:11 AM #4
      I replaced mine last summer and I went down with it (one of my tt buddies told me that's how he does it) and it was a pita. I jacked the front end up and moved the power steering lines out of the way that were bolted underneath. Getting the fan out wasn't too bad but going back in was a pain, it helps to have a second set of hands and if you decide to go this route be warned that the fan is pretty brittle and they don't sell the fans without the motors (I cracked the ring aroind the blades forcing the fan up the first time) but going slow and having some help we were able to get the fan up and into place

Cars
      rip bagged mkiv golf, bagged TT225
      02-12-2017 11:19 PM #5
      i just replaced both my fans but i went by it by removing the bumper, headlights and loosened up the radiator and thats it.

it sounds harder than it really is, took me probably 3 hours total to remove and put it back and my mechanic skill is probably like a 5/10 lol
      airlift, bbs, revo
      IG: Portos225