Fourtitude.com - Time for an AR-15 .... I have a few ???
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
      Cars
      2010 Jetta 2.5
      08-25-2017 10:21 AM #101
      You're going to love that MR556 upper. Runs cool, runs clean.....gawd I love gas piston ARs.

Love my MR556....Best AR I've ever shot.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. Learning New Things Every Day. GreenandChrome's Avatar
      Cars
      '12 Earth F****r Limited EL; '12 A4q; '18 UBM Q3q
      08-25-2017 12:47 PM #102
      Quote Originally Posted by YF19EX View Post
      But the more pressing concern is our ammo ban or ban on being able to just order online or go to a store and just buy it while buying groceries etc. We are going to end up going to a worse version of Illinois FOID system.
      CA lawmakers are idiots, I think we can all agree on that.

How far are you from the state line?
      Do you reload?

The folks stocking up are in a horrible predicament, for that very small percentage of gun owners who will do something stupid like forget a loaded gun in the car (or something) and get pulled over and busted. Then the cops will get a warrant for the home search, and find an "arsenal" of guns and ammo that have been stockpiled. Sensational news.

But I digress.

I need to get back on ordering parts for my AR.
      "Excluding the possibility that a female Scandinavian Olympian was running around outside our house last night, what else might be a possibility?"
      If someone you know is afflicted with Dunning-Kruger, please help. #knowthecure
      @mbull | instagram #imhardlyeverserious
      SRT__________________\_________________________SRT

4. Banned by John until they unbanned me zukiphile's Avatar
      08-25-2017 01:48 PM #103
      Quote Originally Posted by GreenandChrome View Post

Someday we will tell kids about $40 lowers and $80 BCGs and they'll just roll their eyes as if we are telling them about talking movies that only cost a nickel.
      Unofficial Feelings Manager for OT.
      Quote Originally Posted by vwtool
      You called me a "moron" on the Vortex, which is clearly in violation of the terms of use. I reported you.

5. Learning New Things Every Day. GreenandChrome's Avatar
      Cars
      '12 Earth F****r Limited EL; '12 A4q; '18 UBM Q3q
      08-25-2017 03:22 PM #104
      Quote Originally Posted by zukiphile View Post
      Someday we will tell kids about $40 lowers and $80 BCGs and they'll just roll their eyes as if we are telling them about talking movies that only cost a nickel.
      I've noticed that parts have incrementally increased from last year... despite the market for ARs basically dropping out after November.
      "Excluding the possibility that a female Scandinavian Olympian was running around outside our house last night, what else might be a possibility?"
      If someone you know is afflicted with Dunning-Kruger, please help. #knowthecure
      @mbull | instagram #imhardlyeverserious
      SRT__________________\_________________________SRT

Cars
      MkVII GSW & Atlas R-Line
      08-25-2017 11:46 PM #105
      Budget guns and parts are silly cheap these days. Higher end/boutique/mil contract bro guns and parts haven't dropped one bit.

At least in what I've been looking at. And in this case I'm looking at BCM being on the lower end of the good stuff with KAC, Noveske, Larue, LMT, LWRC, and others at the higher end of that spectrum.

7. 08-26-2017 12:57 AM #106
      Quote Originally Posted by GreenandChrome View Post
      CA lawmakers are idiots, I think we can all agree on that.

How far are you from the state line?
      Do you reload?

The folks stocking up are in a horrible predicament, for that very small percentage of gun owners who will do something stupid like forget a loaded gun in the car (or something) and get pulled over and busted. Then the cops will get a warrant for the home search, and find an "arsenal" of guns and ammo that have been stockpiled. Sensational news.

But I digress.

Well idiots run this place and vote them in so unfortunately I live among them. I do reload and all my friends at the range either have or are buying property in NV etc and getting the hell out dodge of splitting their time across state. I think I need to do the same.

But getting back to building ARs. I don't think there has been a better time to be buying ammo and guns. Prices are at their lowest I have seen in years. So much so, that smaller gun companies that were a boom in the previous admin are bust now. And huge mfgs profits are way down. I bought my MR556 upper for way less than say a KAC upper would ever cost. And these things normally retail at 2k or over.

But there is still some insanity within the market. For instance true HK416 uppers that are 10.5 to 14.5 go for stupid money. I can't believe the prices. Just a week ago an HK parts dealer got some HK416 10.5s in on the market and are asking $5000 for them?! I have an AR pistol that could use such a set up, but the price cost as much as a whole precision rig WITH good optics! Amazingly they sold out, got more and are now asking $5999?#[email protected] Worn HK416s UPPERS still command 2-3k on gunbroker...

Suffice to say, I cannot wait till HK finally gets their full MFG facility running in the US. Then they won't be restricted by German export laws and US import laws to finally make all the parts and firearms they need for the civilian market.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345