Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Thread: Mexico GP

1. Member
      Cars
      1999 Passat gone 2008 R32 gone -2016 Golf R
      10-30-2016 07:36 PM #1
      Horrible inconsistency by the stewards. Hammy and Nico get no review and Max gets set back 5 seconds for doing the same thing. I understand the safety car pretty much took away the advantage but they never bothered to even investigate.

...and now Vettel given 10 second penalty for moving under braking and Ricciardo gets 3rd for the race.
      Last edited by Urlik; 10-30-2016 at 09:05 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Cars
      2010 VW Passat B6 Wagon
      11-01-2016 09:23 AM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by Urlik View Post
      Horrible inconsistency by the stewards. Hammy and Nico get no review and Max gets set back 5 seconds for doing the same thing. I understand the safety car pretty much took away the advantage but they never bothered to even investigate.

...and now Vettel given 10 second penalty for moving under braking and Ricciardo gets 3rd for the race.
      It's one thing that is sooo frustrating about F1 is the inconsistent rulings from race to race. It doesn't help that they change who the stewards are either...I understand it's nice and cute to give different racers a chance but all the does is breed inconsistent judgments. Is it too hard to ask the FIA to have a set body of stewards that are at each race to maintain consistency? Hammie's first corner cutting was egregious. He pulled what seemed like a 1 sec lead, but the stewards thought he lifted enough (what does that mean and who knows exactly how much that would be in a race down 0.001 sometimes) after the corner to give back any advantage. Again, it is all subjective. Nico cut too, but not quite as bad. The VSC nullified it all but it would have been good to see the FIA at least post a note to that effect.

4. Member
      Cars
      1999 Passat gone 2008 R32 gone -2016 Golf R
      11-01-2016 11:15 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by wiredvw View Post
      It's one thing that is sooo frustrating about F1 is the inconsistent rulings from race to race. It doesn't help that they change who the stewards are either...I understand it's nice and cute to give different racers a chance but all the does is breed inconsistent judgments. Is it too hard to ask the FIA to have a set body of stewards that are at each race to maintain consistency? Hammie's first corner cutting was egregious. He pulled what seemed like a 1 sec lead, but the stewards thought he lifted enough (what does that mean and who knows exactly how much that would be in a race down 0.001 sometimes) after the corner to give back any advantage. Again, it is all subjective. Nico cut too, but not quite as bad. The VSC nullified it all but it would have been good to see the FIA at least post a note to that effect.
      I think just one steward is different race to race and that's the former racer. They added them to give a driver's perspective.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Cars
      2010 VW Passat B6 Wagon
      11-04-2016 10:58 AM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by Urlik View Post
      I think just one steward is different race to race and that's the former racer. They added them to give a driver's perspective.
      I think you're right, but given that it's a different driver at each race their opinion will vary which can lead to inconsistent rulings. Many time it is a frustration with the drivers and fans that the FIA and stewards cannot maintain a consistent interpretation of the rules from race to race.