Fourtitude.com - Hummer H3 are they worth the time?
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Cars
      13' CRV..don't fall for it!
      10-27-2016 09:25 PM #1
      I saw a 06 H3 for sale, has 180,000km on it for 8k. I always liked the look of them and it is somewhat in the price range i was looking in. To be honest, i wouldn't be 4 wheeling, it would be used for what it was intended for, going to work and the store. But i do drive the crap out of my cars, so it would be well abused.
      Anyone had any experience with them? are they really the turds that i often hear people say that they are? I was checking on some of the dedicated forums, but like most , they are pretty biased.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Cars
      2004.5 f23 GLi, '99 Taco on 33s
      10-28-2016 08:20 AM #2
      I personally would stay away from anything but an H1. I knew a few owners of H2's and they hated them after a year or so. The H3's may be a different drivetrain but I don't know. But my reasoning is that they were made in a short run and the parts availability will likely be slim.

You should be able to find a used Toyota LandCruiser for about the same money.
      Quote Originally Posted by Anony00GT View Post
      Who's the idiot that deleted the EVAP solenoid?

4. 10-28-2016 07:24 PM #3
      It feels really good to lead a life with luxury. I'm pretty sure they are really that turds as people often says. But, clearly you don't need a Hummer. That doesn't mean you can't have them. If you can afford the price then it is really worthy. This loads of money will not only give you a car but it will also give you some heavenly pleasure.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Cars
      2001 Accord
      10-30-2016 07:25 PM #4
      The base engine was a five-cylinder that most people found underpowered. If you'll be using it for city trips, that might be an issue. A good ol' small block was available in later years.
      Quote Originally Posted by compy222 View Post
      every on ramp was full of the sound of evil thunder consuming the spent souls of thousands of dinosaurs a minute.

Cars
      '18 Volvo V60CC
      10-31-2016 06:55 PM #5
      As a GM guy....

Nah stay away. It is basically just a bloated ugly Tahoe. I hate them.

Cars
      '19 Accord EX Hybrid, '16 e-Golf SE, '04 Sequoia SR5, '92 F-250 4X4, '00 GTI 1.8T
      11-01-2016 02:14 PM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by Aonarch View Post
      As a GM guy....

Nah stay away. It is basically just a bloated ugly Tahoe. I hate them.
      H2 was based off the fullsize truck platform and shares more in common with a 3/4t Suburban than anything else. You are correct that they look bloated and the H1 proportions don't carry over well.

H3 is based off the Colorado platform and as mentioned shares the 5cyl and SBC with that platform. It's too bad that the Trailblazer I-6 doesn't fit in that chassis. I don't have any first hand experience, but the H3 does pull off the H1 proportions much better. It does appear that that translates to a cramped interior, though. While I think they are cool, and I'l sure there are those out there that love them, there are probably better choices.

Cars
      '18 Volvo V60CC
      11-06-2016 09:07 PM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by 2 doors View Post
      H2 was based off the fullsize truck platform and shares more in common with a 3/4t Suburban than anything else. You are correct that they look bloated and the H1 proportions don't carry over well.

H3 is based off the Colorado platform and as mentioned shares the 5cyl and SBC with that platform. It's too bad that the Trailblazer I-6 doesn't fit in that chassis. I don't have any first hand experience, but the H3 does pull off the H1 proportions much better. It does appear that that translates to a cramped interior, though. While I think they are cool, and I'l sure there are those out there that love them, there are probably better choices.
      Thanks for clarifying.

My old job had a beater Trailblazer with over 300k on the I6. Fantastic motor. My buddy has one with over 250k too. Interior is pretty trashy, but it runs.

But stay away from these. I used to be in the biz and ever H3 that came in was trashed. Maybe ****ty owners, who knows.

H2 is a freaking boat.

10. Member
      Cars
      2015 GMC Sierra, '98 5.3L Wrangler, '01 International 4700, too many trailers
      11-18-2016 08:15 PM #8
      V8 h3t

Cars
      '14 JKU Rubicon, '16 Audi SQ5, '03 SL55
      11-21-2016 05:26 PM #9
      I had a new H3 Adventure for about 3 years while I lived in Lake Tahoe. It could've used some more power up there but I liked it and it was an absolute tank in the snow. Locking diffs and 33s stock are pretty cool to have but I also used it for more than just going to the store and running errands. Once I moved back to the desert, I took it off-road several more times and it was fun but wanted something smaller again. I never had any reliability problems with it for what it's worth, but it was a new car so take that with a grain of salt.

12. 06-02-2017 09:38 AM #10
      Quote Originally Posted by Brake Weight View Post
      I personally would stay away from anything but an H1. I knew a few owners of H2's and they hated them after a year or so. The H3's may be a different drivetrain but I don't know meubles design pas cher. But my reasoning is that they were made in a short run and the parts availability will likely be slim.

You should be able to find a used Toyota LandCruiser for about the same money.
      Moi je trouve que la H1 n'est plut˘t pas mal avec quelques chrome en plus ša devrait aller.