Fourtitude.com - AutoX Practice run
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    Fourtitude.com


    Results 1 to 8 of 8
    1. Member huichox4's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 8th, 2004
      Posts
      6,496
      Cars
      83 Rabbit - 02/04 .:R32 Jetta wagon - 04 .:R32 - E30 325i & Alfa GTV6 Chumpcar Racecars
      09-26-2016 02:26 PM #1
      Finally got the car to run good, and was able to drive it without hiccups.

      https://youtu.be/_zoXonnP23k


      Even though I got the fastest time of the day there was still much more left in the car but my abilities/experience where about maxed out, you could tell in the video that there are a lot of places where I can improve.

      Specs:
      04 R32 fully stripped of interior except dash,
      fully built turbo 3.3 engine low boost (7-8 psi)
      RB BBK with G-loc race pads
      wavetrac front diff
      no front sway bar,
      Neuspeed big RSB
      Kumho ecsta V710 275/40/17 tires
      race spec alignment
      einkei RPF1 wheels
      longer gears
      tripple disk DM clutch
      all solid subframe bushings
      spherical bearings everywhere
      tubular control arms
      tubular front sub-frame
      H&R RSS coilovers with front swift springs

    2. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    3. Member 4ceFed4's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 3rd, 2002
      Location
      Long Island, NY
      Posts
      6,655
      Cars
      2001 Golf 1.8T, 2016 Durango, 2004 M3
      01-18-2017 01:12 PM #2
      Car looks to be moving really nice. Any idea on what your racing weight is? What front rate springs did you swap out the front RSS springs for? Just pay more attention to learning the course and forcing yourself to look ahead further, really focus on the line, and I can see your times dropping fast.

    4. Member huichox4's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 8th, 2004
      Posts
      6,496
      Cars
      83 Rabbit - 02/04 .:R32 Jetta wagon - 04 .:R32 - E30 325i & Alfa GTV6 Chumpcar Racecars
      01-20-2017 04:49 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by 4ceFed4 View Post
      Car looks to be moving really nice. Any idea on what your racing weight is? What front rate springs did you swap out the front RSS springs for? Just pay more attention to learning the course and forcing yourself to look ahead further, really focus on the line, and I can see your times dropping fast.
      thanks, it has been a while since I got to autox. Practice is what I really need most definitely.

      The spring rates are just 100lbs more than the rss ones up tp 784lbs/in no front sway bar.

      The weight I am not sure but it is completely gutted of its interior, sound deadening, AC, climatrinoc, sunroof, unused wiring, airbags, removed fuel tank and replaced with a fuel cell, tubular front subframe and control arms, cf hood, lighgt weight rpf1 wheels, racing brake bbk, removed all emissions stuff, fender exit exhaust, front door glass is removed, and probabbly other things I cannot remember at the moment.

    5. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    6. Member 4ceFed4's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 3rd, 2002
      Location
      Long Island, NY
      Posts
      6,655
      Cars
      2001 Golf 1.8T, 2016 Durango, 2004 M3
      01-23-2017 10:31 AM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by huichox4 View Post
      thanks, it has been a while since I got to autox. Practice is what I really need most definitely.

      The spring rates are just 100lbs more than the rss ones up tp 784lbs/in no front sway bar.

      The weight I am not sure but it is completely gutted of its interior, sound deadening, AC, climatrinoc, sunroof, unused wiring, airbags, removed fuel tank and replaced with a fuel cell, tubular front subframe and control arms, cf hood, lighgt weight rpf1 wheels, racing brake bbk, removed all emissions stuff, fender exit exhaust, front door glass is removed, and probabbly other things I cannot remember at the moment.
      That's an awesome amount of weight pulled out, definitely will help the car feel good out on the cone course. You're running enough front spring to get away with no front sway, but from my personal experimenting I just never liked the way the car behaved. Things may be different with your R vs. my standard FWD MK4, but especially on a slalom heavy course like in your video, I always felt that although the ultimate lateral grip was higher with the FSB disconnected, the sacrificed transition feed just wasn't worth the trade off. Ultimately I've come to love a stock front bar mounted with solid bushings to make it more consistent, but it is a bit of a personal preference thing, and for sometimes I even comes down to course design dictating which setup would be faster. You're setup is pretty much perfect though, I'd recommend tracking down an Evo school (http://www.evoschool.com/) and really just work on your seat time and technique

    7. Member huichox4's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 8th, 2004
      Posts
      6,496
      Cars
      83 Rabbit - 02/04 .:R32 Jetta wagon - 04 .:R32 - E30 325i & Alfa GTV6 Chumpcar Racecars
      01-23-2017 02:36 PM #5
      thanks!! I am still figuring out and tweaking the setup as I go, need to play a bit more with sway bars and alignment on it. Hopefully this year is going to be a little better in terms of time behind the wheel and not turning wrenches on the R. I will definitely look for more events like the Evo racing school, and more local practice events.

      I will keep the power output tamed a bit longer and then I will turn it up a bit more as my skills progress.

    8. Member 01wolfsburgj's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 3rd, 2011
      Location
      Honeoye Falls, NY
      Posts
      664
      Cars
      2004 DBP .:R32, 2000 Audi A4 Avant Quattro
      01-27-2017 02:55 PM #6
      im curious as to what struts youve used that will handle that much spring rate up front.
      also interested in the race alignment. ive basically changed up my mk4 R alignment for every season, the only thing that seems to stay the same is "as much front camber as possible"
      -Connor
      @connoromara
      DBP .:R32
      #SEND_IT

    9. Member huichox4's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 8th, 2004
      Posts
      6,496
      Cars
      83 Rabbit - 02/04 .:R32 Jetta wagon - 04 .:R32 - E30 325i & Alfa GTV6 Chumpcar Racecars
      01-27-2017 05:46 PM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by 01wolfsburgj View Post
      im curious as to what struts youve used that will handle that much spring rate up front.
      also interested in the race alignment. ive basically changed up my mk4 R alignment for every season, the only thing that seems to stay the same is "as much front camber as possible"

      I use H&R RSS coilovers and when I talked to H&R they said that the struts can handle only 100lbs more than the ones from the kit before you need to re-valve the struts.


      With the slicks I have played with 3 to 4 degrees of camber on the front. on street tires that becomes too much I've been told. I have as much caster as I can possibly get with the Ground control race camber plates and zero toe.

      on the rear I have 1.5 degrees of camber 1/16"of toe in because I run this car on the road course so high speed stability..... car has a big turbo and can get going really fast.

    10. Member BR_337's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 3rd, 2011
      Location
      ATL ,GA
      Posts
      1,640
      Cars
      Mk2 trackcar /20v/6 spd R.I.P
      03-20-2017 11:22 AM #8
      sounds and looks like its running great
      needs to hit a race track
      B6 1.8t Quattro track car Sponsored by:
      MALONE TUNING -034 Motorsports - ​POWERFLEX -TYROLSPORT -

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •