VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Official FORMULA 1 GRAND PRIX DU CANADA 2016 Montreal thread

9K views 21 replies 12 participants last post by  atoson 
#1 ·
Fresh off a win in Monaco, Hamilton will look to continue to close the gap to The Rosberg....

Red Bull with the engine upgrade, Ferrari and McLaren have upgraded their turbos. Can Ferrari reclaim the second spot behind Mercedes, or will Red Bull show better pace on this engine circuit? How will McLaren fare? They have learned to keep their expectations low, yet ALO has already noted that it has been another step forward.

How will the Mercedes drivers get it on? This is where HAM snagged his first ever F1 win........

How will the rest of the field do this weekend?

#6 ·
Nice job Hamilton, you ****...once again, he proves he can only beat Rosberg by running into him or pushing him off the race line...soooo tired of his punk arse...i wish Vettel would have won since Rosberg was taken out of contention by his friggin "team mate"...

#10 ·
Streaming doesn't work when you are out with the family trying to enjoy time together. I have a dvr for a reason, so I can watch shows later. Tragic what happened in Orlando, but the news repeated the same 30 minutes of info over and over. I wanted to watch racing and couldn't. I got home to catch the rebroadcast, but all they were showing was (stupid) golf followed by (stupid) wrestling...why is following the schedule soo hard...I hope they pay for a "no show" penalty. I JUST WANTED TO WATCH (F1) RACING. what is so hard about that. .. stupi nbc

#11 ·
I couldn't watch it live and watched the replay last night on the NBCsports app. Couldn't believe the start from Vet :eek: and then Hammie to crunch Nico off track - good stuff. I was extremely surprised that Vet could get closer to Hammie at the end, I mean Hammie had an additional 20 or so laps on his tires than Vet did. Wonder how much of the tire pressure managing gizmos Merc have helped the situation? Bottas quietly running an awesome race too!

#12 ·
I caught the very beginning and the tail end (lengthy family call in between).
I guess for future FYI, NBC tends to move the race to one of their other channels in cases like this...(they moved this race to NBC Sports...no consolation to those who were expecting it on air on NBC).

Anyway, Ferrari seems to have found some competitive speed, and where it not for their pit stop strategy, Vettel could have taken this race. Bad luck seems to have moved from Hammy's side of the garage to Rosberg's, we now have a title fight.

Verstappen is currently outpacing Ricciardo.

Baku this weekend is going to be interesting.

#15 ·
gizmopop said:
I guess for future FYI, NBC tends to move the race to one of their other channels in cases like this...(they moved this race to NBC Sports...no consolation to those who were expecting it on air on NBC).
that's great and all, but the schedule also had the race showing AGAIN at 8pm est on NBCSN, but when I turned to the channel, it was showing golf and wrestling. why wouldn't they show the race as scheduled on NBCSN as the rebroadcast. THEY knew the primary broadcast was interrupted by the POTUS and the (breaking) news. The least NBC could have done was stick to the fricken schedule.

I checked the listings and there was no monday broadcast of the race...it was basically one and done; which is a departure from the european races, which seem to get one or two rebroadcasts. I'm just very disappointing that they didn't have message updates saying where the race was being broadcast. It's like they wanted to keep it a secret. At least ESPN tells you which of the 8 channels program is airing on if it isn't airing on the channel is was originally supposed to be on.

nbc = tuckfards

#18 ·
Cold temps=Merc difficulty in turning on tires. Ferrari exact opposite, hence VET start. The tire window issue with Mercedes is also what allowed HAM to do that massive stint. Same in Monaco.
When temps get warmer again for the coming races, Mercedes will pull a gap again. And Ferrari and RB will also degrade quicker again.
I read that RIC had better pace initially on the softer tire than MAX, yet would not move aside like requested by the team twice. After VSC, RIC outbraked himself and destroyed that set.
Massive kudos to MAX for defensive moves on The ROS! That was yuuuuuge!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.