Fourtitude.com - Official FORMULA 1 GRAND PRIX DU CANADA 2016 Montreal thread
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

1. 06-10-2016 06:06 PM #1
      Fresh off a win in Monaco, Hamilton will look to continue to close the gap to The Rosberg....

Red Bull with the engine upgrade, Ferrari and McLaren have upgraded their turbos. Can Ferrari reclaim the second spot behind Mercedes, or will Red Bull show better pace on this engine circuit? How will McLaren fare? They have learned to keep their expectations low, yet ALO has already noted that it has been another step forward.

How will the Mercedes drivers get it on? This is where HAM snagged his first ever F1 win........

How will the rest of the field do this weekend?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. 06-10-2016 06:29 PM #2

Hammy has topped the first 2 practice sessions. He is followed by:
      Vettel
      Rosberg
      Verstappen
      Ricciardo
      Bottas
      Button
      Raikkonen
      Hulkenberg
      and Sainz rounding off the 10th spot in FP2.

4. 06-10-2016 07:33 PM #3
      Wow, what a set of curves!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Cars
      12 Golf TDI, 00 GTI, 00 NB, 84 Scirocco, 80 Dasher
      06-11-2016 10:11 AM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by Kfzmeister1 View Post
      Wow, what a set of curves!
      I'll take the one in red.

7. 06-11-2016 11:29 PM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by atoson View Post
      I'll take the one in red.

Was anyone surprised at the quali? I figured HAM would do well here. I didn't expect to see Ferrari as close. I did expect RB to be there.

The usual suspects are close behind. Nice to see Fernando in 10th. Apparently their upgrade added a bit performance.....

Here's my tip for the race:

1. HAM
      2. RIC
      3. MAX
      4. VET
      5. BOT
      6. MAS
      7. ALO

RAI having some issues.......(he said he had a braking issue turn 10. I think thats where he spun twice last year)

Cars
      + over 7500 posts pre-ban
      06-12-2016 04:40 PM #6
      Nice job Hamilton, you ****...once again, he proves he can only beat Rosberg by running into him or pushing him off the race line...soooo tired of his punk arse...i wish Vettel would have won since Rosberg was taken out of contention by his friggin "team mate"...
      My 91 GTI 8V, original owner stylz, yo!: http://smg.photobucket.com/user/pdxg...%20july%202013

Cars
      2013 VW Beetle Turbo Fender Edition
      06-12-2016 09:48 PM #7
      Did anyone actually see any of the race? It was preempted by news here this morning on NBC, and the replay at 5PM pacific has been nothing but Golf for the last 45 minutes. Is it going to be shown at all?

10. Member
      Cars
      1999 Passat gone 2008 R32 gone -2016 Golf R
      06-12-2016 10:55 PM #9
      NBC shows the last 2 laps then pre-empts the planned replay of the whole race tonight with golf. F NBC, I hope they never have the F1 rights again.
      Last edited by Urlik; 06-13-2016 at 08:29 AM.

Cars
      '19 WRX in Pure Red / '06 Touareg V8 in Blk
      06-13-2016 12:39 AM #10
      Streaming doesn't work when you are out with the family trying to enjoy time together. I have a dvr for a reason, so I can watch shows later. Tragic what happened in Orlando, but the news repeated the same 30 minutes of info over and over. I wanted to watch racing and couldn't. I got home to catch the rebroadcast, but all they were showing was (stupid) golf followed by (stupid) wrestling...why is following the schedule soo hard...I hope they pay for a "no show" penalty. I JUST WANTED TO WATCH (F1) RACING. what is so hard about that. .. stupi nbc

Cars
      2010 VW Passat B6 Wagon
      06-13-2016 11:13 AM #11
      I couldn't watch it live and watched the replay last night on the NBCsports app. Couldn't believe the start from Vet and then Hammie to crunch Nico off track - good stuff. I was extremely surprised that Vet could get closer to Hammie at the end, I mean Hammie had an additional 20 or so laps on his tires than Vet did. Wonder how much of the tire pressure managing gizmos Merc have helped the situation? Bottas quietly running an awesome race too!

13. 06-13-2016 12:49 PM #12
      I caught the very beginning and the tail end (lengthy family call in between).
      I guess for future FYI, NBC tends to move the race to one of their other channels in cases like this...(they moved this race to NBC Sports...no consolation to those who were expecting it on air on NBC).

Anyway, Ferrari seems to have found some competitive speed, and where it not for their pit stop strategy, Vettel could have taken this race. Bad luck seems to have moved from Hammy's side of the garage to Rosberg's, we now have a title fight.

Verstappen is currently outpacing Ricciardo.

Baku this weekend is going to be interesting.

14. 06-13-2016 09:16 PM #13
      Hard move by HAM, no doubt. But if that were ROS, I think he knows he would do the same.

Cars
      ‘19 GLI Autobahn, ‘89 Cabriolet, ‘18 Tiguan SEL
      06-14-2016 12:22 AM #14
      If that was a "hard" move, then what would be the description of Rosberg's in Spain?

Cars
      '19 WRX in Pure Red / '06 Touareg V8 in Blk
      06-14-2016 12:24 AM #15
      Quote Originally Posted by gizmopop
      I guess for future FYI, NBC tends to move the race to one of their other channels in cases like this...(they moved this race to NBC Sports...no consolation to those who were expecting it on air on NBC).
      that's great and all, but the schedule also had the race showing AGAIN at 8pm est on NBCSN, but when I turned to the channel, it was showing golf and wrestling. why wouldn't they show the race as scheduled on NBCSN as the rebroadcast. THEY knew the primary broadcast was interrupted by the POTUS and the (breaking) news. The least NBC could have done was stick to the fricken schedule.

I checked the listings and there was no monday broadcast of the race...it was basically one and done; which is a departure from the european races, which seem to get one or two rebroadcasts. I'm just very disappointing that they didn't have message updates saying where the race was being broadcast. It's like they wanted to keep it a secret. At least ESPN tells you which of the 8 channels program is airing on if it isn't airing on the channel is was originally supposed to be on.

nbc = tuckfards
      SAABSAAB__#savethemanuals_>> Go FROGS !!! <<
      SAABSAAB__Subaru NA give us a 6spd Levorg WRX WAGON!!!
      SAABSAAB__MAZDA NA give us a 6spd Mazda6 Wagon in Touring trim, just like the sedan!!!

17. 06-14-2016 03:16 AM #16
      Quote Originally Posted by jsmyle1%... View Post
      If that was a "hard" move, then what would be the description of Rosberg's in Spain?

18. 06-14-2016 11:47 AM #17
      Didn't go to the race so I dvr'd it. Of course some Floridiot scuppered my entire Sunday. Had to download the race. This is very funny. Love to see these guys so relaxed. https://youtu.be/cpYeiQmgq70?t=298

19. 06-14-2016 10:04 PM #18
      Cold temps=Merc difficulty in turning on tires. Ferrari exact opposite, hence VET start. The tire window issue with Mercedes is also what allowed HAM to do that massive stint. Same in Monaco.
      When temps get warmer again for the coming races, Mercedes will pull a gap again. And Ferrari and RB will also degrade quicker again.
      I read that RIC had better pace initially on the softer tire than MAX, yet would not move aside like requested by the team twice. After VSC, RIC outbraked himself and destroyed that set.
      Massive kudos to MAX for defensive moves on The ROS! That was yuuuuuge!

Cars
      2010 VW Passat B6 Wagon
      06-15-2016 10:43 AM #19
      Cold temps=Merc difficulty in turning on tires. Ferrari exact opposite, hence VET start. The tire window issue with Mercedes is also what allowed HAM to do that massive stint. Same in Monaco.
      When temps get warmer again for the coming races, Mercedes will pull a gap again. And Ferrari and RB will also degrade quicker again.
      I read that RIC had better pace initially on the softer tire than MAX, yet would not move aside like requested by the team twice. After VSC, RIC outbraked himself and destroyed that set.
      Massive kudos to MAX for defensive moves on The ROS! That was yuuuuuge!
      Max seemed to hint in the post race interview that when he was asked to move over he was "conserving" fuel and tires, but then "easily" pushed the gap out to maintain the lead.

21. 06-16-2016 01:36 AM #20
      Quote Originally Posted by vdubjb View Post
      This is very funny. Love to see these guys so relaxed.
      Tell you what struck me as funny. HAM talking about how he was thinking about Ali and some of his fights during the last 15 laps!
      Here's VET pumping in one qualifying lap after another the whole race and HAM is daydreaming about Ali!
      :joy::joy:

22. Member
      Cars
      3 Audis, 1 Honda, 1 GMC
      06-16-2016 02:16 PM #21
      Tell you what struck me as funny. HAM talking about how he was thinking about Ali and some of his fights during the last 15 laps!
      Here's VET pumping in one qualifying lap after another the whole race and HAM is daydreaming about Ali!
      :joy::joy:
      He's incredibly talented, but also a bit of a douche. Anyone can say that afterwards, the reality is nobody but him knows if that was reality. Today he says he hasn't done a single sim lap of the new track, in a way that implies he doesn't have to. A dnf due to a collision into that tower...might do his inflated ego some good.

Cars
      12 Golf TDI, 00 GTI, 00 NB, 84 Scirocco, 80 Dasher
      06-17-2016 08:47 AM #22
      I can always count on NBC Sports for the real time stream, I can use my Power Mac, Mac TV or Amazon for the signal supplied by Comcast.

24. 08-19-2019 06:51 AM #23
      What a excellent post and outstanding article. Thanks author your awesome topic . Really I got very valuable information here.Canadian NBA team Toronto Raptors were able to get the better of Golden State Warriors and win the NBA but can the Canadian national team pull off a similar feat? Read on to understand how the FIBA Basketball World Cup may play out and make informed FIBA World Cup latest information watch* fiba world cup 2019

25. 10-16-2019 07:25 AM #24
      Today on 29th June 2019 in the Copa America fixtures Peru football team will be takes on Uruguay in the Quarter-Final encounter. Itaipava Arena Fonte Nova, Salvador venue will be host this Peru vs Uruguay Copa America Match-22. All the Fans can watch the match coverage on computer desk of Peru vs Uruguay Football Match from the 16:00

26. 10-16-2019 07:37 AM #25
      This computer desk is designed to nestle in the corner of a room to save space The elevated shelf supports most flat-screen monitors up to 22″, and 2 storage drawers provide space to stow office supplies Two adjustable shelves offer open storage for books and media Shaker Cherry finish has a warm, inviting hue that incorporates into almost any room design