Fourtitude.com - Red Bull changes drivers!
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

1. Member
      Cars
      1999 Passat gone 2008 R32 gone -2016 Golf R
      05-05-2016 08:16 AM #1
      I assumed Max Verstappen would replace Kvyat at Red Bull next year buy I never expected it to happen during the season. Kvyat is going back to Toro Rosso. Makes me wonder is there was more going on behind the scenes. Kvyat was on a podium just 2 races ago.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. 05-05-2016 01:25 PM #2
      Ouch.

Jensen Button apparently feels the same...

" Really? one bad race and Kyvat's dropped, what about the podium in the previous race? #Shortmemories https://twitter.com/redbullracing/st...25060955840512
      4:08 AM - 5 May 2016 "

Short memory indeed, Kyvat outscored Ricciardo last season.

4. Member
      Cars
      '04 Bugatti wagon, '85 V65 Sabre
      05-06-2016 12:06 AM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by Urlik View Post
      I assumed Max Verstappen would replace Kvyat at Red Bull next year buy I never expected it to happen during the season. Kvyat is going back to Toro Rosso. Makes me wonder is there was more going on behind the scenes. Kvyat was on a podium just 2 races ago.
      Geez, i though the same as everyone else. WTF? Seems harsh for Kvyat, yet so sweet for Max.

Apparently there are more things that go into this decision, as you can read here.....

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/an...saster-733584/
      Form is temporary; Class is permanent

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

6. 05-10-2016 05:47 PM #4
      Just read that article, obvious slant against Kvyat in the tone.

Kvyat's 2016 season is off to a bad start. He struggled in 2015. The comparison graph that shows the teammates performance for the 23 races they were paired together with Ricciardo having slightly better performance.

I go back to the same fact: Kvyat outscored Ricciardo last season.

I think the decision has more to do with Verstappen possibly leaving if he doesn't get a ride with the A team, than Kvyat's supposed performance struggles...(Danii was also down at the beginning of 2015 compared to Ricciardo yet finished ahead of him in the championship).

I hope Verstappen makes the most out of this opportunity, it sucks for Kvyat that it went down like this.

7. 05-14-2016 04:03 PM #5
      Yes, that appears to really be the case. Ferrari and Mercedes probably looking to snag him up. If ROS doesn't win it this year, they could easily have gone after Max. Iirc, ROS contract is up after this year.
      Ferrari also have a guy that is running out this year, so smart play by RB.
      I'm very curious what Renault's upgrade will bring in Canada. This could really get good!