Fourtitude.com - Continental 2006 Key, Sat Nav & Engine warning light, battery charging
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

1. 05-04-2016 07:43 AM #1
      Hi Guys - I'm in the UK and new to the forum.

I have just bought a Continental 06 and have three questions I hope you can help me with.

1) The car came with one key - is it possible to buy another one? Bentley advise I have to buy two at a cost of £400
      2) Sat Nav disk is installed but won't allow me to input address
      3) I only intend using the vehicle of a weekend. Would I need to trickle charge the battery? If so How?
      4) The "Engine Management light has just illuminated on the dash. The company I bought the car from say this can happen when the car has been stood in a showroom and they have suggested I run it for a few days and monitor the situation. The car runs fine, but this light does worry me a little

Hope you can help - good to speak with you all

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. Junior Member
      Cars
      2017 Golf R
      08-17-2016 07:06 PM #2
      My understanding is that the batteries in the car are a weak point. Keeping them charged will tend to avoid 'gremlins'. This may be related to your Engine Management light, but perhaps not. When I park my CGT I plug in 2 battery maintainers, since like you I don't drive it regularly. Yes, it needs 2.

I'd contact Flying Spares with regards to your key question.