Fourtitude.com - Who in their right mind would trade a Porsche for a Mustang?!
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
      Cars
      '15 BMW i3 REX, '16 Audi TTS, '13 Viper GTS
      05-24-2016 10:47 AM #101
      Got the car aligned at a local shop, everything in spec even with the lackluster adjustability from the factory. Excuse the dirty car, its got a weeks worth of rain/grime on it.

Really itching for a proper shifter and tune now. Hard to drive the car with all this bs torque management and clutch protection. Add to that a shifter that is beyond sloppy/vague and it becomes a less-than-pleasurable WOT shifting experience.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Cars
      MK7 GTI SE, 4L Q7 TDI S-line
      05-24-2016 11:10 AM #102
      Quote Originally Posted by slowhatch View Post

Ya'll are all right, but dont encourage her, she reads this thread!
      Well dude... we're just sayin'. I only have three years marriage experience, but if you got the right girl, I highly recommend it.
      Quote Originally Posted by GoForBroke View Post
      i can't brain right now. i gots the dumb.

4. 05-24-2016 01:00 PM #103
      Good thread, nice ride. Like the detail job - I've corrected enough cars in the past that the only way I will buy a car now is new, special ordered, covered in plastic, with me there to take it off the truck with NO dealer interference, cosmetically. Did that with my 5.0 and it's the only way to avoid having to do a brutal 2-3 day paint correction - 2 years later and the paint is still absolutely pristine under a 1000W halogen flood lamp (the only way to detail IMO, lighting is everything) and I've never had to do any kind of correction at all - it truly came perfect from the factory (you may want to invest in a little blow dryer to dry the car instead of using MF towels, I got mine from Chemical Guys). The dealers are masters at ruining the paint on every car they touch, amazing isn't it?

Also for the exhaust, I also found the stock exhaust just a little too quiet - went with OEM Shelby axlebacks on mine and it's perfect, just as it should've come from the factory. Also for the shifter take a look at the MGW unit - it's pretty much the end all be all on the S197, I would assume it will be the same for the S550, though I haven't kept up on the S550 but it's the same trans so should be the same solution - everyone swears by it in the S197 world.

Cars
      '06 C55 AMG, '11 LS460 AWD luxo-barge & not quite enough motorcycles
      05-24-2016 06:49 PM #104
      Quote Originally Posted by thegoose View Post
      Well dude... we're just sayin'. I only have three years marriage experience, but if you got the right girl, I highly recommend it.
      They're almost all the right girl at one point and time. /Devil'sadvocate
      Something witty will be in this exact spot soon.

Cars
      05-25-2016 11:40 AM #105
      Quote Originally Posted by puma1552 View Post
      ...(you may want to invest in a little blow dryer to dry the car instead of using MF towels, I got mine from Chemical Guys). The dealers are masters at ruining the paint on every car they touch, amazing isn't it?
      Also for the shifter take a look at the MGW unit - it's pretty much the end all be all on the S197, I would assume it will be the same for the S550, though I haven't kept up on the S550 but it's the same trans so should be the same solution - everyone swears by it in the S197 world.
      Got a leaf blower that I dry with, thats 90% of the reason why I keep my cars with a sealant on them, ease of washing/drying. And I'm definitely leaning towards the MGW shifter, although I do find $500 for a shifter a bit excessive.

Quote Originally Posted by Accidental L8 apex View Post
      They're almost all the right girl at one point and time. /Devil'sadvocate

Cars
      '19 Ridgeline, '19 Miata
      05-25-2016 11:48 AM #106
      Quote Originally Posted by Accidental L8 apex View Post
      They're almost all the right girl at one point in time. /Devil'sadvocate
      Oh god; that's so true.

Cars
      06-18-2017 01:10 AM #107
      Wanted to provide this thread some closure;

Car was traded in on a Miata. You can read about that here: https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...is-TCL-darling

Our ownership experience with the S550 was excellent. We (i), beat the piss out of this thing every time I drove it and it never skipped a beat. Was a great, well rounded daily driver, and wonderful bang for the buck. Traded in with 13k miles on the clock for $29k. This was the last pic I took of the car;

Cars
      '00/S4 6MT; '01/Avant 2.8 Tip
      06-18-2017 08:52 AM #108
      Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Tan View Post
      just make sure she watches all the mustang crashing videos so she knows what NOT to do
      ditto
      Signature blank...

10. 06-18-2017 10:31 AM #109
      Quote Originally Posted by slowhatch View Post

Our ownership experience with the S550 was excellent. We (i), beat the piss out of this thing every time I drove it and it never skipped a beat. Was a great, well rounded daily driver, and wonderful bang for the buck. Traded in with 13k miles on the clock for $29k. This was the last pic I took of the car;
      My S197 experience mirrors this - Ford builds an incredibly solid, bulletproof feeling car. Kudos to Ford.

11. 08-21-2017 09:58 AM #110
      This is a joke right? Mustang over a Porsche any day of the week. Great choice!
      Jono
      Make a living at ealing locksmiths

12. Member
      Cars
      2009 BMW 328it, 2017 Acura MDX
      08-21-2017 10:26 AM #111
      Quote Originally Posted by jono23 View Post
      This is a joke right? Mustang over a Porsche any day of the week. Great choice!
      Lol, he's already gotten rid of it.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345