Fourtitude.com - Lost a Friend Today...
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Cars
      2015 Golf S TDI
      04-27-2016 09:40 PM #1
      It all started about 6 months ago when our 16 year old Chihuahua, Chi Chi, started loosing some weight. It wasn't much so we weren't worried at the time. But over the next coming months she didn't have a lot of energy and was starting to become incontinent.

After taking her to the vet they determined it was something to do with her liver not functioning properly. We unfortunately could not afford the surgery and so we put her on a high calorie diet which did help a lot but really only bought us time.

Fast forward to this morning and she didn't get up at all and when she tried she would just fall over. It was absolutely devastating as this is a dog I have grown up with practically my whole childhood. We made the decision to have her euthanized today and I just got back from the vet. I balled my eyes out and still haven't really come to terms that she is gone. It will be weird coming home from work tonight and not have her greet me at the door

I don't post much in here and I kind of just wanted to get this off of my chest. Thank you for reading.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. 04-27-2016 09:45 PM #2
      Awwww, that sucks. I'm sorry to hear that.

04-27-2016 09:49 PM #3
      One of the most difficult experiences in life is losing a pet. I've lost two dogs, tragically. Lucky for you, your little girl lived a good long life. It's terrible to lose a part of your life, and no doubt you'll still be doing things in your daily routine pertaining to dog duty that are painful reminders he's gone.

Remember her well.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

6. Banned IAmADonutAskMeAnything's Avatar
      Cars
      Automatic American Sedan
      04-27-2016 11:31 PM #4
      Losing a pet is hard. I wish you the best.

7. 04-28-2016 02:12 AM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by IAmADonutAskMeAnything View Post
      Losing a pet is hard. I wish you the best.
      I had to put my girl down 3 years ago now. I still keep her bowls in the kitchen, and I miss her curling up at night in bed.
      About the only thing I don't miss, is her snoring in my ear, but I'd give almost anything to have that back.
      Somewhere, in an alternate universe, Jennifer Lawson is masturbating to your leaked internet photos.

Cars
      2015 Golf S TDI
      04-28-2016 03:22 AM #6
      The nice thing is we have 3 dogs so I haven't let the other 2 out of my arms since I got home They are really helping me get through this. You really forget how much you are emotionally tied to your animals until you loose them. Even when you are expecting it like we were with our oldest.

Cars
      '90 Coupe Qt '76 Fox '78 Fox GTi '84 4000 S Qt '98 A4 2.8 '01 A 4 2.8
      04-28-2016 11:22 AM #7
      A couple years ago I lost both my cats about six months apart. Was distraught for a long while, as the second one I had for 23 years. Miss them both still. Sending good juju your way.
      FORM FOLLOWS FUNCTION
      "Fashion is like a fart, it stinks for a while and then it goes away".

Cars
      12' V6 TDI ........ 00' VR6T ..........72' 914-6.................15' Honda CTX700N
      04-28-2016 11:49 AM #8
      sorry to hear it.
      Larry
      Demokratikally Elekted Minister of Shekels and Cuddles Therapist of the Independent People's Republik of Offtopikstan
      Quote Originally Posted by atomicalex View Post
      The boobs. I am waiting on the boobs here.

Cars
      2016 Jetta GLI PG ____________ 2018 Tiguan SEL PW ____________ 2019 Jetta S PW
      04-28-2016 12:56 PM #9
      sorry to hear that. i went through the same thing last January with a 16 year old friend, and a very similar situation. it's tough. i cried for months and months.

hope you are doing okay.
      1+3+3=7

Cars
      2017 Chevrolet Silverado Z71; 2018 BMW M4 Cabrio
      04-28-2016 01:57 PM #10
      I'm really sorry man. I have no words.

I know the pain that can come from losing a pet. As cliche as it all sounds, just realize your little pup isn't suffering any longer. I know that doesn't bring your pup back to greet you, but it should comfort you in that you made the BEST decision you could for the sake of your loved pet.

Also, that dog had 16 wonderful long years with you. I'm sure it couldn't have asked for a better owner.

Take care bro, sending thoughts your way!
      Quote Originally Posted by Seabird View Post
      I shall continue carrying the torch for old school muscle while you lay down for the new deities like Automaticus (the god of clutchless ahifting), and Suspensionum (the patron saint of neutral handling).

Cars
      i've a horse outside.
      04-28-2016 02:06 PM #11
      I had to do the same thing early last year.

Hardest decision of my life.

It'll get better as time wears on.
      shut your mouth. sh sh shut your mouth.

04-28-2016 06:25 PM #12
      Man, that sucks. I know exactly what you are going through.

You did the right thing for your furry friend though.

I know it's sappy...but:

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies who has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
      There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
      There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
      The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; his eager body quivers.
      Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again.
      The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....
      2018 Audi S4 Prestige, Black Optic, S Sport, Nappa leather, Carbon Atlas inlays

2011 VW CC fog lights retrofit LINK
      CC Windows w/key fob & Rain Closing - LINK