Fourtitude.com - P0016 stutter, stall, rough idle.
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

1. 04-03-2016 10:21 PM #1
      My little brothers 2010 Jetta 2.0t TSI is throwing a code p0016. Takes a second to start & has a really rough idle but will drive normal under load. I've read a bunch that the timing chain tensioner is a common failure for the first gen TSI.

Just curious if anyone else has ever dealt with this? I couldn't find any solid answers after searching a ton of threads on Vortex. I'd like any advice before I tear into it to see if the tensioner is failed. Thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFWD...ature=youtu.be

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Cars
      2010 CC 2.0T DSG Sport - Past VWs: 06 Passat 2.0T, 95 GLI, 87 Jetta Cpe, 80 Golf Cpe
      04-03-2016 11:31 PM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by Jackkthemackk View Post
      .. before I tear into it to see if the tensioner is failed ..
      hey man ... you can check the tensioner thru the inspection hole - remove the rubber plug and look see .. make sure to have a replacement plug handy in case .. while at it, check the cam follower for wear/damage .. good luck!

4. 07-02-2016 11:53 PM #3
      Did you find out what the problem is? I've just replaced my tensioner and reset the timing (didn't look like it was out though) and still have the same problem.

I'm suspecting that it may be a stretched chain....

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

6. 07-04-2018 02:33 PM #4
      Hi, i have the same problem, rough idle+ P0016, P2014, P0300,1,2,3,4,P0341

I have the spark plugs replaced, new camshaft position sensor, intake+ injection cleaned (carbon removed)

The tensionner looks to be a new generation..

I suspect a bad EGR valve combine with something else...

The car is running fine under load, compression at 210 on all cylinders...

I unpluged every coil separately while engine running and does not look to be a bad coil..

Any suggestion? I need help with this one...Thanks in advance

7. n00b
      Cars
      mk6 GLI
      09-24-2019 10:20 PM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by Easyrider07 View Post
      Hi, i have the same problem, rough idle+ P0016, P2014, P0300,1,2,3,4,P0341

I have the spark plugs replaced, new camshaft position sensor, intake+ injection cleaned (carbon removed)

The tensionner looks to be a new generation..

I suspect a bad EGR valve combine with something else...

The car is running fine under load, compression at 210 on all cylinders...

I unpluged every coil separately while engine running and does not look to be a bad coil..

Any suggestion? I need help with this one...Thanks in advance

did you ever figure out what the actual problem was?