Fourtitude.com - Tesla Model 3 prototype revealed - On-sale in late 2017 with a 215-mile minimum range and a base price of $35,000
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Page 258 of 265 FirstFirst ... 158208248254255256257258259260261262 ... LastLast
    Results 6,426 to 6,450 of 6612
    1. Senior Member
      05-19-2019 11:05 AM #6426
      Accident exposes normal process

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

05-19-2019 11:40 AM #6427
      Quote Originally Posted by zmt2 View Post
      new wheels would be a must if I was getting a TM3P. gotta do something to separate it from the herd. Those look pretty good, but I'd want something that would support some beefier tires. What's the smallest wheel you can run with the performance brakes?
      It’s hard to tell from the pic, but these were the widest wheels I have ever seen on a model 3. They were staggered as well, with at least a 10 in the rear. Not sure how he fit them so well.

I totally agree that I would need to get some new wheels if I got a model 3. The stock ones look ok, but the car really can look stunning on an aggressive setup.

Cars
      Clownshoe, Tesla 3
      05-19-2019 11:40 PM #6428
      Had a Z3MC/clownshoe friend buy a Z4M Coupe from a dealer. He found out roughly a week after taking it home that it had been badly wrecked in transit, rebuilt, and sold as a new car. Needless to say, there was hell to pay, legal threats, and he got a new car.

EDIT:
      Forgot to add, my $40k Golf definitely had a fairly obviously unpainted spot that you could see behind body panels when the light was just right.
      Last edited by smoothsix; 05-20-2019 at 06:18 PM.
      Dash cam people suck. Don't be a dash cam person.

Quote Originally Posted by Dravenport View Post
      this thread is a mess, I can't tell if it's full of trolls or idiots and I'm not sure it matters

Cars
      '06 Evo Mr, '17 Ridgeline RTL, '18 Accord Sport
      05-20-2019 09:03 AM #6429
      Quote Originally Posted by chris86vw View Post
      Accident exposes normal process
      2.0T+034efi+meth = 300+whp = RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Ryukein View Post
      Everyone always praises function over form until the form is something that they don't like

6. 05-20-2019 09:25 AM #6430
      Quote Originally Posted by spockcat View Post
      In fairness, cars generally aren't fully painted on the backsides of panels or between panels. The robots and paint guns can't get in there.

The e-coat process, in which the entire shell is dipped in a bath, is the one that gets to those spots, but it isn't a colour coat.

Cars
      2017 BMW i3, 2018 Clarity, 2019 Model 3
      05-20-2019 09:59 PM #6431
      Adding to this MEGA thread. There have been over 200k Model 3 copied sold in the US so far with Tesla being rated highest for customer satisfaction. Weird right? So I wanted to see how often are people dumping the cars. Is the market flooded? Autotrader has a total of 96 Model 3s for sale. 96 feels like nothing. Am I wrong?

Similar with the Model X. 252 listed for sale out of 65,000+ sold.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...&firstRecord=0
      Slow Car Fast

05-20-2019 10:35 PM #6432
      Quote Originally Posted by Tommietank View Post
      I wanted to see how often are people dumping the cars. Is the market flooded?
      I don't think it will stay this way for long, but right now the Model 3 has the highest resale value in its class. I'm not sure when that will change but in the meantime, Tesla has good price power since their resale is so strong.

Cars
      2017 BMW i3, 2018 Clarity, 2019 Model 3
      05-20-2019 11:40 PM #6433
      Quote Originally Posted by AZGolf View Post
      I don't think it will stay this way for long, but right now the Model 3 has the highest resale value in its class. I'm not sure when that will change but in the meantime, Tesla has good price power since their resale is so strong.
      I think "in its class" is relative though. I do hypothesize that used prices will go up though when the tax credit lowers and more when it expires. A $35k Model 3 is really $31,250 (plus destination/tax) so buying used makes very little sense. Not that there are any used Model 3s for under $40k anyways.
      Slow Car Fast

Cars
      15 Mazda 3, 07 Ducati Monster S2R
      05-21-2019 12:04 AM #6434
      Excluding the fact that it's Tesla, they offer rather strong value in its segment.
      You can get a decently equipped 3 for around $40k. IIRC, a base G20 330i is $40k, with worse equipment standard. Mercedes C class is even more expensive.
      A Model 3 Performance starts at ~$60k. A base C43 AMG is $55k, a base S4 is $50k and a base m340i is $55k. And the 3 Performance...well performs more like a C63 than a C43.

Add the fact that it's electric, generally better equipped, and less issues to worry about, they make for great cars.

Cars
      87 BMW God's Chariot, 16 VW Sorority Special
      05-21-2019 03:43 PM #6435

Who's seen these guys? https://www.mountainpassperformance.com/the-future/

They're making really cool parts for the 3 and are doing actual track work and instrumented tests. It's all very impressive stuff in my opinion!

Cars
      2018 Tesla Model 3, 1988 BMW M5
      05-21-2019 04:03 PM #6436
      How about this too:
      https://youtu.be/dD8gvM8M1zE
      Quote Originally Posted by Fritz27 View Post
      Mercedes typically makes awful manual transmissions and fantastic auto transmissions. Choosing the stick would be like saying, "Y'know, that Natalie Portman is pretty hot, but if she grew some hair on her legs and had a dong, she'd be just right."
      Quote Originally Posted by jnm2.0t View Post
      Was it parked on the curb on garbage day?

13. Senior Member
      05-21-2019 04:13 PM #6437
      Quote Originally Posted by texghost View Post
      I hate stupid things like that. Now numbers on the windshield don't match other windows so when you are about to sell the car the question will always popup in what kind of accident did you end up and you know no one will believe the actual true story.
      If the replacement windshield is an OEM one, its markings should match (will have the car company name as well as the windshield manufacturer name or logo, and will have both DOT and ECE markings if the vehicle is sold in the US and ECE-regulation countries). Aftermarket windshields will have the windshield manufacturer name or logo only, and usually only DOT markings if sold in the US.

Here is the marking of a Nissan OEM windshield manufactured by Vitro:

https://info.glass.com/decoding-car-windshield-bug/

14. Geriatric Member ValveCoverGasket's Avatar
      Cars
      diesels, and an mg
      05-22-2019 01:51 PM #6438
      more doom and gloom i guess

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...-reports-says/

move fast and break things

But when Consumer Reports tested the feature, reviewers came back with concerns that it could create potential safety risks. Consumer Reports found that cars in autopilot mode often cut off other vehicles or broke laws while trying to pass. Its verdict: The lane-change function “raises serious safety concerns.”

In fact, David Friedman, vice president of advocacy at Consumer Reports, a nonprofit organization that tests products and conducts consumer-oriented research, said in the review that “Tesla is showing what not to do on the path toward self-driving cars” by launching automated driving features “that aren’t vetted properly.”

“Before selling these systems, automakers should be required to give the public validated evidence of that system’s safety — backed by rigorous simulations, track testing, and the use of safety drivers in real-world conditions,” Friedman said.

“The system’s role should be to help the driver, but the way this technology is deployed, it’s the other way around,” Fisher said. “It’s incredibly nearsighted. It doesn’t appear to react to brake lights or turn signals, it can’t anticipate what other drivers will do, and as a result, you constantly have to be one step ahead of it.”
      IMO industry wide there needs to be a better vetting of these systems prior to release. i think some of us have been saying this for a while though...
      The All New! -- SpitfireEFI.com | Flickr

05-22-2019 02:45 PM #6439
      Quote Originally Posted by ValveCoverGasket View Post

IMO industry wide there needs to be a better vetting of these systems prior to release. i think some of us have been saying this for a while though...
      It is pretty crazy that companies are rolling these out without passing some sort of government validation process. There is no way I would really on autopilot for anything beyond stop and go traffic.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

16. Geriatric Member ValveCoverGasket's Avatar
      Cars
      diesels, and an mg
      05-22-2019 03:05 PM #6440
      Quote Originally Posted by HI SPEED View Post
      It is pretty crazy that companies are rolling these out without passing some sort of government validation process. There is no way I would really on autopilot for anything beyond stop and go traffic.
      no kidding... and putting other road users at risk. who didnt willingly sign up for elons beta test
      The All New! -- SpitfireEFI.com | Flickr

Cars
      '19 Tesla Model 3P, '15 BMW i3 BEV, '01 Lotus Elise S2
      05-22-2019 03:22 PM #6441
      Quote Originally Posted by DrivinAW8 View Post

Who's seen these guys? https://www.mountainpassperformance.com/the-future/

They're making really cool parts for the 3 and are doing actual track work and instrumented tests. It's all very impressive stuff in my opinion!
      Have been following them and Unplugged Performance for quite a while. Bot put out a lot of interesting stuff, Unplugged are even working on aero mods for better efficiency.

flick
      r
      | Listen to No Agenda!

Quote Originally Posted by thisisdog View Post
      The internet has gotten significantly better since Russians started buying video cameras.

05-23-2019 05:23 PM #6442
      So-called moose test with the model 3:

West Coast, not that west coast. Bay area, not that bay area.
      Cars
      16 Cayman GTS, 16 Colorado Crew, 17 Escape, 09 Versys, 2017 Barracuda
      05-23-2019 05:29 PM #6443
      Quote Originally Posted by Galrot View Post

Cars
      BlueStar, NA, V227
      05-23-2019 07:36 PM #6444
      Quote Originally Posted by Dawg Dee-Lux View Post
      Unplugged are even working on aero mods for better efficiency.
      I saw that a while ago. Sure they have CFD computer analysis but I want to see real world testing before I plunk down $1400 for the spoilers.
      "The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering."
      - Doctor Who (Fourth Doctor) "Face of Evil"

Cars
      '19 Tesla Model 3P, '15 BMW i3 BEV, '01 Lotus Elise S2
      05-24-2019 01:55 AM #6445
      Quote Originally Posted by Sledge View Post
      I saw that a while ago. Sure they have CFD computer analysis but I want to see real world testing before I plunk down $1400 for the spoilers.
      I am just going to sit back and wait for the spoilers

flick
      r
      | Listen to No Agenda!

Quote Originally Posted by thisisdog View Post
      The internet has gotten significantly better since Russians started buying video cameras.

Cars
      BlueStar, NA, V227
      05-24-2019 07:07 AM #6446
      Quote Originally Posted by Dawg Dee-Lux View Post
      I am just going to sit back and wait for the spoilers
      Snape kills Dumbledore!
      "The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering."
      - Doctor Who (Fourth Doctor) "Face of Evil"

Cars
      2018 Acura TLX V6 SH-AWD
      05-24-2019 07:55 AM #6447
      Quote Originally Posted by Galrot View Post
      It looks good on the move. I only see them in traffic here.

05-24-2019 09:00 AM #6448
      Musk's leaked email shows Tesla to make record deliveries in second quarter

Quote Originally Posted by Reuters
      (Reuters) - Tesla Inc is on course to deliver a record number of cars in the second quarter, beating the 90,700 it sent to customers in the final quarter of last year, according to an internal email from Chief Executive Officer Elon Musk to staff.

Musk’s email, widely posted on social media and authenticated for Reuters by a source familiar with the matter, also said the company had on average produced 900 Model 3 cars per day this week, bringing it closer to a target of 7,000 per week.

Musk’s focus on cost-cutting has underscored broader concerns about whether Tesla has enough cash to fund its operations while it tries to turn a profit.

In the email sent late on Wednesday, Musk said the company had racked up over 50,000 net new orders this quarter as of Tuesday.
      It's going to be some time in July before we see what the final numbers are for total deliveries, but halfway into Q2 and setting records is a pretty good sign.

West Coast, not that west coast. Bay area, not that bay area.
      Cars
      16 Cayman GTS, 16 Colorado Crew, 17 Escape, 09 Versys, 2017 Barracuda
      05-24-2019 09:32 AM #6449
      Musk's leaked email shows Tesla to make record deliveries in second quarter

It's going to be some time in July before we see what the final numbers are for total deliveries, but halfway into Q2 and setting records is a pretty good sign.
      Tesla should be able to make some money this quarter. According to Fred at Electrek, Musk has even cut toilet paper out of the budget. Don't worry though. Fred puts a positive spin on it just like every other negative piece of news out of Tesla.

Tesla’s new cost cutting-effort is going all the way down to toilet paper

Tesla CEO Elon Musk recently launched a new ‘hardcore’ cost-cutting effort to bring the automaker back to profitability and we are starting to learn more about what the plan actually consists of – hint: no more toilet paper.

In an email to employees last week, Musk said that he is implementing a new cost-cutting initiative that will see all the teams examine every payment, including “parts, salary, travel expenses, and rent.”

The CEO added that Zach Kirkhorn, Tesla’s new CFO, will review and sign every page of outgoing payment while Musk himself will review and sign every tenth page.

A week later, we are starting to get a better idea of what kind of cost-cutting efforts employees have been taking following Musk’s warning and it’s indeed quite “hardcore”, as the CEO mentioned.

Sources familiar with the matter told Electrek that teams at several Tesla facilities are going to some extremes in attempts to cut costs, including skipping on ordering office supplies – even toilet paper.

A source even said that some employees are bringing toilet paper from home to the office in an attempt to reduce their overhead.

Other more standard cost reduction methods are also being employed. For example, two sources said that Tesla is cutting down on stipends given to employees for cellphone plans.

Every expense that is not believed to be “essential” for the sale and delivery of vehicles is being reviewed and possibly frozen.

Last quarter, Tesla lost $700 million.

The automaker is currently addressing the situation on two fronts. This cost-cutting effort aims to reduce expenses and they also expect to increase revenue with a potentially new record for deliveries this quarter.

One of the bottlenecks in deliveries is the detailing of the vehicles and as Tesla’s delivery volume increased, they relied on car washing businesses.

A source familiar with the matter says that some stores are now cutting down on the expense and in order to still complete the work, some employees are bringing the cars home and cleaning them on their own time.

We contacted Tesla about the cost-cutting effort and we will update if we get a comment.

Electrek’s Take

Honestly, that’s not really what I expected when Elon called for a “hardcore” cost-cutting effort, but it’s certainly pretty hardcore.

To be fair, Tesla is not the only automaker closely looking at its expenses.

Daimler just announced that they are also doing “a sweeping cost review“, but I don’t think it involves toilet paper.

On the bright side, it’s fairly incredible that Tesla has employees who are so committed to the mission and success of the company that they are willing to bring their own toilet paper or wash cars on their time.

I don’t think there are many companies out there who can say the same.

But I think Tesla would be better off investing in the well-being of those employees who are so willing to go to extremes for the company.

In other words, it’s obvious that Tesla is not in a financial situation where it can’t buy toilet paper. It’s just that some employees are nervous about the new “hardcore” cost-cutting effort that they are going too far with it.

Tesla fans are calling me a short for posting things like that. It just goes to show how disconnected with reality they are because I actually added to my long position on Tesla this week.

It doesn’t mean that I can’t recognize when the company does stupid things and I can’t share those things with the blog’s readers.

05-25-2019 08:37 AM #6450
      Imagine being an employee at Tesla knowing that toilet paper is out of the budget.

I feel sorry for Tesla employees!

Busting their asses for no respect, no raises, putting their bodies through hell in poor working conditions........only to get no raises, and to watch your stock go down the toliet!!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Page 258 of 265 FirstFirst ... 158208248254255256257258259260261262 ... LastLast