VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Beetle for AutoX

6K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  speed16v 
#1 ·
I've been auto crossing a 370z the last couple of years (also my daily) and decided to get something more practical to daily and build a car just to race. My original plan was to just buy a Miata around 3k and then go from there. Now I have this strange idea that I want to try a new beetle (2001ish) turbo to build to autocross. Am I crazy? Anyone auto-xing a beetle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4 ·
I Autox in SOWELA Louisiana. I'm running a 2014 R-line with Borla cat back and Unitronic cold air. Puts me in STX running with some tough comp (mainly BMWs that are V8 or beefed up I6/V6s and at the time a few Tangs). I started April 2015, missed one race and ended up rookie of the year and 2 points off 1st in the championship. Most of the guys laughed when I first got there.. but when I placed 2nd the first race they respected Blue. I do not know bout using the 2000 model bugs, they may not handle as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.