Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

1. Junior Member
      Cars
      1987 jetta gl wolfsburg
      12-11-2015 08:56 PM #1
      trying to decide whether or not to pull the trigger on a stock S4 with no nav. Here's my question. even without nav there is a screen up there. with Bluetooth capabilities can I get my google maps to project onto the screen? My boss said he can do this with his Golf R? any insight would be appreciated. anyone with nav could chime in also to let us know what other features they like or could care less about from the tech package?

thanks guys!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. 12-12-2015 07:19 AM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Reed View Post
      trying to decide whether or not to pull the trigger on a stock S4 with no nav. Here's my question. even without nav there is a screen up there. with Bluetooth capabilities can I get my google maps to project onto the screen? My boss said he can do this with his Golf R? any insight would be appreciated. anyone with nav could chime in also to let us know what other features they like or could care less about from the tech package?

thanks guys!
      AFAIK the new golf r uses apple play or android auto to display the map to the car screen. My 2015 S4 doesn't have that capability. I don't think the 2016 does either. I find I end up using google map navigation or WAZE app more than the onboard nav. I get better traffic and routing logic.

4. 12-12-2015 10:11 AM #3
      No you cannot display it. I use waze instead of my nav anyway. Do you still get the backup camera and sensors without the nav? There is an aftermarket option from alpine but only available in Europe, however you can buy a LHD model and apparently buy US maps as well. It's so nice I'm seriously considering spending the couple thousand to have it done:
      http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...1#post11174907

Edit: found out it's not possible with NAV cars, only non nav
      Last edited by shonseb; 12-12-2015 at 01:17 PM.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

6. Junior Member
      Cars
      1987 jetta gl wolfsburg
      12-12-2015 01:39 PM #4
      thanks guys much appreciated. Im being told that the tech package offers more than nav? is all that stuff worth it? And yes....I tend to use my google maps more than my aftermarket kenwood nav in my current ride which utilizes garmin. let me know what you guys all think!
      Thanks
      RR

7. 12-13-2015 02:02 PM #5
      There's a color screen, the MMI system, and I think the Backup camera too. Not entirely sure about that last one. I believe Bluetooth is standard

Cars
      2014 Audi A4, 2012 Tiguan SEL
      12-14-2015 06:56 PM #6
      I just purchased a 2014 without the Nav. It has the B&O sound system, but without the Nav, you don't get backup camera, and you don't get the ability to stream music and other apps via BT. I miss that.

9. Junior Member
      Cars
      1987 jetta gl wolfsburg
      12-14-2015 10:46 PM #7
      so your saying i wont be able to run music off my I phone from the blue tooth feature? you should be able to do that without NAV or the Tech package even

Cars
      12-15-2015 07:41 PM #8
      so your saying i wont be able to run music off my I phone from the blue tooth feature? you should be able to do that without NAV or the Tech package even
      That is correct. without the nav, the standard Audi Concert system does not allow steaming music from any device via BT. Now, I've seen on Audiworld that if you want to use BT and you have an iPhone, you can use the following, Tune2Air to add BT to your system via the iPhone connector.

11. Junior Member
      Cars
      1987 jetta gl wolfsburg
      12-16-2015 10:10 PM #9
      thats a total game changer. ur basically telling me that to use my iphone i gotta down load these apps and there may be glitches?

Cars
      12-17-2015 03:30 PM #10
      thats a total game changer. ur basically telling me that to use my iphone i gotta down load these apps and there may be glitches?
      I never said anything about glitches. I said you can use your cell phone with the Bluetooth interface for making and receiving calls. But you cannot stream music from your phone over the bluetooth. Unless you purchase the Tune2Air module and plug that into the iPhone connectore in the glove box. You'd have to do research on how well that Tune2Air works. It may be flawless.

13. Junior Member
      Cars
      1987 jetta gl wolfsburg
      12-19-2015 12:02 PM #11
      Thanks for the info!

14. 12-19-2015 10:58 PM #12
      I would think carefully about resale value if you ever think you'll sell the car. In my opinion you vastly reduce your buyer base without it. The nav in the S4 is really quite good and a typical S4 buyer is going to want it.

15. Member
      Cars
      2012 RB 2DR .:R
      12-22-2015 11:48 PM #13
      I have the Nav on mine and dont use it. So painful to enter addresses. I use google and hear the navigation via the BT. I have the google earth map on the Navi displayed to kinda get a visual of what the google maps lady is saying lol

No BT streaming made me go with Nav! I also wanted the backup cam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      2012 Loaded RB 2DR #0069... Visit my build thread for details on it...

https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...s-Build-Thread

Cars
      2017 S3
      12-23-2015 01:29 PM #14
      You want to get the Technology package.

If you don't get Technology package you lose out:
      • Bluetooth Audio
      • Backup camera with rear parking sensors
      • drive select Individual mode
      • Side Assist blindspot detection
      • Bang and Olufsen sound
      • HD Radio

For 2016 there is a $1,700 credit for Technology package which makes the $4,000 package just $2,300. It's a no brainer!
      '17 S3

17. 12-24-2015 08:36 AM #15
      Get the tech package; that is not the place to save a couple thousand dollars on a $50k+ purchase.

The back-up camera is a must-have option since you will probably end up backing into most parking spots; there are no front-end parking sensors and the lip can hit curbs

18. Junior Member
      Cars
      1987 jetta gl wolfsburg
      12-25-2015 01:03 AM #16
      Wasn't really trying to save cash. It's just limited supply of Manny trans S4's out there. N if ur into a particular color it's an even thinner selection. This car had no nav n was basically being given away with MsRP of $46000. I just bought a S4 today with nav, n now I know why the other car was priced so low. Everyone is right, it is a must have feature. The back up camera rocks n the drive select is awesome. Ur not getting it for just the nav. Anywhoo I'm already lovin the car!

Cars
      B5 1.8T, B7 2.5L, B8.5 3.0T
      12-26-2015 08:15 PM #17
      Wasn't really trying to save cash. It's just limited supply of Manny trans S4's out there. N if ur into a particular color it's an even thinner selection. This car had no nav n was basically being given away with MsRP of $46000. I just bought a S4 today with nav, n now I know why the other car was priced so low. Everyone is right, it is a must have feature. The back up camera rocks n the drive select is awesome. Ur not getting it for just the nav. Anywhoo I'm already lovin the car!
      Congrats on your recent purchase! I too ordered and picked up my 16' B8.5 and like everyone here the Tech Package along with the Sports diff is a must. Actually, it's difficult to not recommend all these options in combination Sports Diff, Tech Package, Black Optics, and Adaptive suspension.

20. Junior Member
      Cars
      1987 jetta gl wolfsburg
      12-26-2015 09:40 PM #18
      Thanks man! congrats to you too! got myself a midnight blue six speed with tech and differential. Got the 19 inch wheels pak too which i wasnt to big on. The Tech pack rocks! which mode are you driving your car in? does the dynamic mode use more gas? I drove a six speed with and without sports diff. I noticed a difference but some peeps dont? whatever.....did you get audicare?

21. Member
      Cars
      2012 RB 2DR .:R
      12-29-2015 11:00 PM #19
      Dynamic makes throttle response more evident an in my case (DSG) it reduces mpg (if not only cause of me being more eager to gun it lol)

Sports Diff or dont buy the car!

Black Optics Package is also a must. Hate all the Chrome on the none Black Optics cars
      2012 Loaded RB 2DR #0069... Visit my build thread for details on it...

https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...s-Build-Thread