Fourtitude.com - Forge turbo inlet pipe help
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

1. 11-05-2015 04:55 PM #1
      I am having trouble getting my forge motorsport turbo inlet pipe in place I don't have the tools to pull the engine if anybody has any suggestions or help please let me know I've looked all over YouTube and everything and nobody seems to have anything on this (mk4 1.8t)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. Member
      Cars
      00'/VW/GTI
      11-06-2015 02:22 AM #2
      you referring to a silicon one? you need to make sure you take off the metal piece the stock hose connects too and it will take some squeezing and maneuvering but you can get it on without pulling the engine .

11-06-2015 04:37 PM #3
      It is tight to get on. Took me and a buddy 45 mins to maneuver it on properly and clamp it in place. With a 6 speed it's harder than a 5 speed FYI, less room to work with
      Follow me on IG @Mech_Engg

A-very-technical-build | Part I | PART-II | PART-III
      OpenRoadTuning | Accuair

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Cars
      2004 Jetta GLS 1.8t 5spd
      11-06-2015 07:21 PM #4
      45 minutes? Damn. I had a "custom" shop take like 3 days on and off to get it in place. Think it was an APR TIP though. I think they were just incompetent...

Cars
      2008 R32
      11-07-2015 11:21 AM #5
      I will tell you that it took me a good hour to wiggle mine on (Samco). Make sure you loosen that bolt holding the coolant pipe to the block so you can get the TIP past it, but be careful not to pull it out of the block by the thermostat or you will have a real disaster on your hands (pulling the manifold to replace the corny o-ring). What I found worked is get the bottom on then get a screw driver and slide it under the top of the hose it should "pop" on. Just be patient!
      I'm dumb, but sometimes I accidentally say something smart...

8. 11-07-2015 11:58 AM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by PoorMansDub View Post
      I will tell you that it took me a good hour to wiggle mine on (Samco). Make sure you loosen that bolt holding the coolant pipe to the block so you can get the TIP past it, but be careful not to pull it out of the block by the thermostat or you will have a real disaster on your hands (pulling the manifold to replace the corny o-ring). What I found worked is get the bottom on then get a screw driver and slide it under the top of the hose it should "pop" on. Just be patient!
      Cool thanks I got it in but thanks for the info

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk