Fourtitude.com - Shon's B8.5 A4 Competition Plus
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

1. 11-04-2015 07:53 AM #1
      Hello everyone!

My new toy to work on, I miss modding since there isn't much I can do on my RS. I knew eventually I would need a new daily driver to replace my rusting 16 yo E320. Always considered an A4 because I loved the Mileage I had on my old A5 (32 mpg highway), and it wasn't too big yet can carry more than just 2 people. I initially was going to just by out my mom's 2014 Ice silver A4, but then saw the comp+ and it had pretty much everything I wanted. S-line interior with piano black trim, black headliner, alcantera, FBSW with larger Paddles, gloss black exterior trim, and a unique front bumper with front parking sensors. Not to mention it came in Daytona Grey, a color I always wanted.

I purchased the car from Audi Wilmington in Delaware. If anybody is considering purchasing a new or used car, it was definitely worth the 3 hour drive. The sales team there are excellent and they work to get you the best price, and it was the best price by far when compared to other dealers. It's no wonder Teky got his R8, Mops got his SQ5, and Nputer got his S5 all from there. Some of the notable people there are Tommy Mihok, Tom Rogers and Tyler Bye. Mihok got me connected to Rogers who discussed the pricing options, and I dealt with Tyler directly for all the smaller details. Those guys are awesome and they are very easy to work with. In fact when I drove down with my mom, she ended up getting a new A3 as well. Was nice driving 2 brand new Audis together up 95N!

Build thread and more pics coming soon

And stupid little touches that will likely eventually get annoying and I'll remove

And finally, winter is coming

Mods purchased so far, not yet installed:

APR intake
      ECS Carbon cover, R8 Coil packs
      R8 Oil cap, R8 Power steering Cap, 911 Coolant cap, Black washer reservoir cap
      AWE Single Tip Dual Exit touring
      A4 sline TDI Competition plus gloss black valance (still waiting on trim piece)
      ST-60 BBK, slotted
      Bilstein PSS10 coils (after winter)
      19" BBS CXR with Gloss black (after winter)
      Ebay LEDs for interior
      USP reverse LED lights
      Retrofit Labs LED turn Signals
      V3 HID fogs
      Alu Kreuez
      CR-15
      Euro stickerless extending black Sunvisors
      Folding Mirrors (don't have full kit yet)
      APR Turbo Muffler delete (was impressed by their 2 piece design)
      CTS Interccoler kit
      18" Blizzaks to go on the stock wheels (used)
      034 Drivetrain Mount Insert Pack
      Face lift S-tronic perforated Shift knob (bit scared to do the heat and twist method)

Thanks to @[email protected] for sourcing all the new parts (Except wheels, used tires, AK and Cr-15, and lights) at great prices. Some of these parts like the TDI comp+ valance I don't know how he found it, because that's gotta be one of the rarest A4 parts out there. I don't even bother with other vendors anymore, he's that good!

Planned:
      Wrap some panels in Xpel
      Remove rear and side badges
      Black gloss rear rings
      Rear BBK (likely ECS kit)
      RS4 Door Handles
      And most importantly ... ECODES!
      Eventually after warranty ends will go strait to stage 3

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. Member
      Cars
      15 A5 S-line Comp 6spd manual, 06 A4 S-line 2.0T 6 spd, 11 Q5 2.0T
      12-01-2015 01:06 PM #2
      Very nice. I have a Comp+ A5 but with a 6 speed manual. I got the 5-arm rotors as well. Love it.

4. 12-02-2015 04:06 AM #3
      Sorry, haven't ben keeping up with this thread, been wicked busy with work. Plus got married and went on my honeymoon since the last post!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

6. 12-06-2015 09:07 PM #4
      No s4?

7. 12-10-2015 04:11 PM #5
      No, I wanted the high efficiency of the 2.0t engine, this is really supposed to a daily driver and family sedan. Also the S4 does not come in the competition pack and styling, which I really like. Beside that, I already have an RS5 that I use to quench my need for speed:

https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...highlight=shon

Cars
      2015 A4 Quattro
      12-10-2015 04:28 PM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by shonseb View Post
      No, I wanted the high efficiency of the 2.0t engine, this is really supposed to a daily driver and family sedan. Also the S4 does not come in the competition pack and styling, which I really like. Beside that, I already have an RS5 that I use to quench my need for speed:

Does anyone know if you can purchase the rear deck spoiler separately?
      2017 A4 Scuba Blue S Line
      RIP 2015 A4 S Line Quattro Tornado Gray Premium Package
      Former:2008 A3 Ocean Blue S Line 2.0T

"Keep the air in the spare, and the bag in the wheel" - Adam Carolla

Cars
      2012 Audi S4
      12-11-2015 09:53 AM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by mmmdef View Post
      No s4?
      x2. That's a ton of parts to buy rather than starting with an s4.

10. 12-12-2015 10:21 AM #8
      Except for the intake, intercooler and engine cover, I would have purchased all the parts listed above for the S4 as well. Didn't need to spend another $10K for another fast car, I already own one. The mods are more for show rather than performance. I won't be tuning this car for quite a while, likely >5 years. My dealer is good about not reporting bolt on mods so I keep my factory warranty.
      Last edited by shonseb; 12-12-2015 at 10:24 AM.

11. 12-27-2015 10:59 AM #9
      Quote Originally Posted by shonseb View Post

I'm jealous of your life right now.

12. 01-02-2016 01:52 AM #10
      Quote Originally Posted by weagle1856 View Post
      I'm jealous of your life right now.
      Took a long time and hard work to make it here.

Small update, installed DeAuto LEDs throughout. Upgraded to the Stage 2 puddle lights and went with the LED trunk strip instead of just replacing the bulb. Easy install (5 mins), but I will need to get better adhesive tape in the near future for the strip. Love the way my trunk looks now:

01-03-2016 11:24 PM #11
      Nice mods-to-come list... Ooh how I want your factory steering wheel in my Allroad!
      I like the Competition Plus pedals, but the dead pedal wasn't included?

- Erik
      PatternDraftImaging.com - "...Where Engineering Discipline and Photography Merge as One..."

14. 01-05-2016 06:35 PM #12
      Surprisingly no, I managed to find one on amazon for $50, and that was a complete set of pedals. I plan to install the other pedals in moms A3. The reason the pedals were so cheap is they look like oem that didn't pass quality control. Mine had a slight dent in it that you couldn't tell unless you looked really hard. I purchased them on Amazon, just type "Audi Pedals".