Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Range Thread?

1. Learning New Things Every Day. GreenandChrome's Avatar
      Cars
      '12 Earth F****r Limited EL; '12 A4q; '18 UBM Q3q
      04-01-2016 03:09 PM #26
      Quote Originally Posted by Time for a GTI View Post
      That's terrifying
      Factory bullet, too, not a reload. I don't remember the brand, or if he knew it. Oh, and don't look up "deformed bullet" in image search.
      "Excluding the possibility that a female Scandinavian Olympian was running around outside our house last night, what else might be a possibility?"
      If someone you know is afflicted with Dunning-Kruger, please help. #knowthecure
      @mbull | instagram #imhardlyeverserious
      SRT__________________\_________________________SRT

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Cars
      2012 Golf TDI, 2015 Triumph Rocket 3 Roadster
      04-01-2016 04:40 PM #27
      DNR outdoor range 5 minutes from my house. Free. In the woods. Awesome place to have fun.

4. I got a poop emoji! CHEVY!! Time for an aSS's Avatar
      Cars
      17 Chevy SS
      05-20-2016 09:09 AM #28
      Dead paper

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Cars
      2012 Golf TDI, 2015 Triumph Rocket 3 Roadster
      05-23-2016 11:09 PM #29
      Quote Originally Posted by Uberhare View Post
      DNR outdoor range 5 minutes from my house. Free. In the woods. Awesome place to have fun.
      Aaaaand this happened a few weeks ago. Fatal shooting at the range I go to. I was actually on my way to the range when I found out it was closed for investigation. Local guy had pistol entrance wound to the back of his head and exit out the front. He died at the hospital. They have not released info about what happened but word on the street is suicide. Most of the locals I talked to said he was a well-liked guy but had mental issues.

http://www.myfoxspokane.com/deputies...lls-gun-range/

Stevens County deputies are currently investigating a reported shooting at a DNR shooting range in Nine Mile Falls Friday afternoon.

Officials with the Stevens County Fire District told KHQ a man was airlifted from the gun range near Highway 291 and Stone Lodge Road in Nine Mile Falls around 3 p.m. He was taken to Sacred Heart Medical Center where he is currently in critical condition.

Deputies with Stevens County are interviewing witnesses and trying to determine what led up to the shooting and whether it was accidental.

They held a memorial service last weekend in my community for the guy. A lot of people showed up. But sadly someone heading to the memorial service was killed in a head-on collision with some teenagers. Lady was killed going to a funeral/memorial service. WTF. And what's even more f***ed up is the fact my family drove through the accident location less than 5 minutes before the accident occurred. I recall passing the Ford SUV. Creepy.

http://www.krem.com/news/local/spoka...mile/193122591

A two-car head-on collision left one woman dead and two more in critical condition on Saturday on Highway 291 near Nine Mile Falls, according to Washington State Patrol.

Troopers said a 2002 Toyota Rav4 driven by Tymofiy Bilous, 19, was traveling southbound on Highway 291. One passenger, Andrey Bilous,19, was also in the car when it crossed the center and crashed into a 2006 Ford Expedition that was traveling northbound, according to WSP.

The Expedition was driven by Andrew Lefevre, 62, and had two passengers.

MedStar was called in to fly Timofiy and Andriy Bilous, who were in critical condition, to Sacred Heart. WSP said Lefevre and one passenger, Lindsey Lefevre, were both transported to Deaconess hospital with serious injuries.

WSP said one person was pronounced dead at the scene. She was identified Suzanne Lefevre, 53 from Kennewick. She was a passenger in one of the cars, according to WSP. Everyone involved in the crash was wearing a seatbelt, according to WSP.

The roadway was opened up at around 7:45 p.m.

Cars
      18' Terrain, 14' StingRay, 71' Malibu, 05' Honda VTX, 00' BMW R1100RT, 2 C'Dales
      05-25-2016 02:07 PM #30
      One of the indoor ranges I use had a woman commit suicide last year. Another indoor range I used to use 10+ years ago also had a guy commit suicide; he hand cuffed himself to the rail in the bathrooms' handicap stall and blew his brains out. I quit going to this range when a moron in the lane next to me shot through the divider that separated us.

8. I got a poop emoji! CHEVY!! Time for an aSS's Avatar
      Cars
      17 Chevy SS
      05-25-2016 02:44 PM #31
      Seems like an odd place to off oneself. I'd say maybe they're trying to pick up an accident tag instead of a suicide but handcuffing yourself in a bathroom sort of defeats that purpose.

Cars
      2014 Focus
      05-25-2016 02:48 PM #32
      I used to use this one when I lived in CFL: https://shoot-straight.com/locations...s/casselberry/

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...re-casselberry

I never went back after I saw a group of fools who rented a S&W .50 revolver filming the chief idiot firing it limp-wristed in a lane and having a laugh about it.
      Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Leary
      The universe is an intelligence test.

Cars
      2015 Equinox
      05-25-2016 03:18 PM #33
      Quote Originally Posted by Time for a GTI View Post
      Seems like an odd place to off oneself. I'd say maybe they're trying to pick up an accident tag instead of a suicide but handcuffing yourself in a bathroom sort of defeats that purpose.
      Handcuffing yourself to the stall is just a dick move all around. Not even sure what that would gain you aside for making things a bit more difficult to clean up afterwards.

Cars
      03 Passat Wagon
      05-25-2016 06:01 PM #34
      for years I worked at a very large, but local owned gun store that also has an indoor range, since in the last 12 years or so there have been 4 (or maybe 5) attempted suicides and just recently a one successful suicide... its a very sad thing to have to deal with.

the most interesting fact about it is that in every instance it appeared the gun store was only chosen as the place to do it because the person who wanted to commit suicide didn't own a gun. all of the attempted suicides happened in the showroom, in every case the person took ammo from a box in the store and then waited at one of the handgun counters to have someone show them a pistol. once they had the pistol in hand they would load (or attempt to load in some cases) the pistol to use it against them.

only two people managed to get a gun loaded without someone stopping them, one got a revolver loaded but the employee was able to stick the web of his hand between the hammer and the frame and wrestle the gun away from him (the guy managed to pull the trigger and left quite a mark on the employees hand, however the guy only loaded a single round and did not have it properly timed in the cylinder, so the hammer would have fallen on an empty cylinder) the other time a gun got loaded (9mm auto of some type) the guy again grabbed ammo from one of the boxes out on the floor (but he wasn't familiar with guns/ammo and he selected a frangible round) he got it loaded, stepped back from the counter stuck it in his mouth and pulled the trigger... he lived, although his face was disfigured (the muzzle was apparently pointing almost straight up when he fired) the frangible round did as it was supposed to and broke apart in to a million tiny fragments. terribly sad situation for all involved.

a few months ago was to successful attempt and this time it was on the range, with a rented gun and ammo purchased on site. I dont have a wholw lot of details other than that, I'm not employed there anymore and even though I'm still close with the folks who are there now I just didnt even want to know, and doesn't feel right to "gossip" about it.

This is becoming a disturbing trend

Cars
      A blue oval and a bowtie. Domestic swill.
      05-28-2016 02:36 PM #35
      Quote Originally Posted by CruznMalibu View Post
      One of the indoor ranges I use had a woman commit suicide last year. Another indoor range I used to use 10+ years ago also had a guy commit suicide; he hand cuffed himself to the rail in the bathrooms' handicap stall and blew his brains out. I quit going to this range when a moron in the lane next to me shot through the divider that separated us.
      Holy crap, where the hell was that? We're in different areas, but damn...
      Smooremin: "Dont worry. My corset really fills me out ."
      Sold Over Sticker: "The only difference between innuendo and flirting is the desired result. "
      KidL: "Dammit, Chippy! You're making bad choices!"

13. I got a poop emoji! CHEVY!! Time for an aSS's Avatar
      Cars
      17 Chevy SS
      07-12-2016 07:18 PM #36
      Some 15 foot pistol drills today. Great weather for it.

Cars
      Ferrari La Ferrari
      08-28-2016 11:06 AM #37
      http://www.wakegov.com/sheriff/servi...s/default.aspx

Facility Layout
      The public section of the indoor range has three bays:

Ten positions for standing pistol shooting at distances up to 50 yards
      Nine concrete benches for pistol or rifle shooting, seated or standing, at distances up to 50 yards
      Nine concrete benches for rifle up to 100 meters
      This place is amazing, and incredibly cheap.

I don't go often enough
      signatures are annoying, right?

15. I got a poop emoji! CHEVY!! Time for an aSS's Avatar
      Cars
      17 Chevy SS
      08-28-2016 02:58 PM #38
      Some 308 at 100 today. Tried a bipod I like. Might buy it. Also tried an air bladder grip bag for the first time.

16. I got a poop emoji! CHEVY!! Time for an aSS's Avatar
      Cars
      17 Chevy SS
      09-02-2016 06:15 PM #39
      Finally managed to get an appointment to qualify for the 200M range at my club on Monday!

17. 09-02-2016 08:56 PM #40
      This is the 500m steel range at SacValley shooting center. Even in this crazy state we have some wonderful ranges. I was testing out some 77gr Sierra TMK rounds to see how far and accurately I could make hits at this distance. I can hit the Ram steel target at max distance, but even at 2600 fps out of 16" barrel, it does not have enough energy to knock down a 50lb target.

18. I got a poop emoji! CHEVY!! Time for an aSS's Avatar
      Cars
      17 Chevy SS
      09-02-2016 10:08 PM #41
      Quote Originally Posted by YF19EX View Post
      This is the 500m steel range at SacValley shooting center. Even in this crazy state we have some wonderful ranges. I was testing out some 77gr Sierra TMK rounds to see how far and accurately I could make hits at this distance. I can hit the Ram steel target at max distance, but even at 2600 fps out of 16" barrel, it does not have enough energy to knock down a 50lb target.

There's a 600 at my club but that's another qualification and it also needs to be manned to use it.

19. I got a poop emoji! CHEVY!! Time for an aSS's Avatar
      Cars
      17 Chevy SS
      09-05-2016 03:45 PM #42
      Qualified at 200M today. Need a 5" group. Came in just under 3".

20. 09-06-2016 03:18 PM #43

This was taken probably about 3 years ago. My first time firing out to something longer than 200 yards. This was a 300 yard range located up a hill.

Now it did take me more than 5 shots to get this group, but it was done shooting up a hill into the wind at 300 yards.

21. I got a poop emoji! CHEVY!! Time for an aSS's Avatar
      Cars
      17 Chevy SS
      09-07-2016 09:19 PM #44
      Quote Originally Posted by YF19EX View Post

This was taken probably about 3 years ago. My first time firing out to something longer than 200 yards. This was a 300 yard range located up a hill.

Now it did take me more than 5 shots to get this group, but it was done shooting up a hill into the wind at 300 yards.
      That's an awesome group for 300.

I learned quite a few tricks this summer that have really helped me tighten up. I'm going to do some more rifle work this Saturday to work on a few of them for a few hours. I'll probably put the 308 away for awhile after that. I plan to do pistol qual over the winter so I need to spend some time practicing for that. Plus I miss my AR.

I'll go back to it in the spring. I'd like to qual 600 next season.

22. 09-08-2016 12:24 AM #45
      Thanks!

I had just bought and Accuracy International from someone I shoot with frequently and was beginning to take reloading more seriously. Now I am no F class shooter, those guys take OCD to a new level in terms of precision. But it meant load testing and buying the best components and adequate measuring equipment to make sure the loads put together were consistent. This is probably my most accurate load consisting of fresh Lapua 308 cases, Fed 210 primer, Varget and 155gr Hybrid-Target Berger bullet. Hitting about 2800 fps out of a 24" barrel. Once I hit that accuracy node, I stopped. If it can hold less than half moa groups at 300 yards (this is probably less than that even at this distance) I was pretty satisfied.

23. I got a poop emoji! CHEVY!! Time for an aSS's Avatar
      Cars
      17 Chevy SS
      09-10-2016 06:24 PM #46
      Some more 308 at 100 today to get some more time in with the final setup.

That bottom target is probably the tightest group I've ever printed. I'm really happy to see such a good outcome of the time and money I've put into this platform. Really happy with it.

24. I got a poop emoji! CHEVY!! Time for an aSS's Avatar
      Cars
      17 Chevy SS
      12-27-2016 03:54 PM #47
      No work, great weather.

Paper plates beware.

25. I got a poop emoji! CHEVY!! Time for an aSS's Avatar
      Cars
      17 Chevy SS
      06-04-2017 04:12 PM #48
      Will end up being at the range for three weekends in a row. Went last weekend and shot the 380 for awhile. For such a small pistol I'm still impressed with how well it prints. I also broke down the AR last weekend and picked up a new Beretta M9. Shot both of those this weekend to make sure everything is working. The M9 is a great pistol, I'm happy with it. Next weekend there is an open shoot at the 600 yard range so I'm going to go see if I'll be able to qualify on that range. I've never shot at 600, it'll be interesting.
      Quote Originally Posted by @McMike View Post
      We can not be trusted.

Cars
      2018 BMW X1
      06-05-2017 03:30 PM #49
      I built my own pistol range on our place in north Texas. Targets are at 5, 10 and 15 yards. The 5 and 10 yarders are plywood for stapling targets to. The 15 yard is AR500 steel plates. Lots of fun was had and no worries about who was in the lane next to me. Not visible is a 250 yard rifle range just to the side of this. I have shot at semi-private ranges and enjoyed it, especially early in the morning when I had the range to myself. Stay safe out there.

Cars
      2010 Jetta 2.5
      06-05-2017 05:17 PM #50
      ^ That is nice......merely a dream for me.. Maybe one day.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast