Fourtitude.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Range Thread?

1. I got a poop emoji! CHEVY!! Time for an aSS's Avatar
      Cars
      17 Chevy SS
      10-25-2015 04:16 PM #1
      Range thread.

Overcast with threat of rain and chilly here so the club was dead today.

AR15 at 200 yards w/ x4 on paper.
      .357 mag and 41 mag at 50 yards w/ iron sights on silhouette.
      .380 auto at 25 and 50 yards w/ iron sights on silhouette.

Shot well. Pleased with the day's performance. Plus quality time with the old man.
      Quote Originally Posted by @McMike View Post
      We can not be trusted.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. 10-25-2015 07:44 PM #2
      I'm officially coming up on a year of not shooting. The longest I've ever gone since...but the ranges around here suck, and I don't have any friends with land.

4. I got a poop emoji! CHEVY!! Time for an aSS's Avatar
      Cars
      17 Chevy SS
      10-25-2015 08:22 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by Elbows View Post
      I'm officially coming up on a year of not shooting. The longest I've ever gone since...but the ranges around here suck, and I don't have any friends with land.
      Bummer dude. Sucky ranges are usually cheap money though, no?
      We can not be trusted.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

6. 10-26-2015 01:16 AM #4
      No open wilderness in which to shoot? Out here it just has to be unincorporated land, 500 feet from road or dwelling.... which is most of the state

Me and my pops went this morning, 250 rounds 9mm each, between two pistols ( my xd9, my dads 92fs) and my 9mm ar. Target was my beat to hell dueling tree. Nice day, 59f, slight breeze. I was gonna wax my car in prep for the winter, but the weather was just to nice, ill do that next weekend.

Cars
      2005 Jetta Wagon TDI manuel 1.5 Malone, 2014 Tiguan 4MO
      10-26-2015 01:29 PM #5
      There is a new indoor range opening up about 10 minutes from me, up to .50 bmg, 30M lanes. I'm waiting for it to open and hear opinions on it before I commit to joining. It's open till 10pm which is nice as I can go after the kids are in bed and go in the winter. I haven't shot in a few years now even though I bought a few rifles earlier in the spring.

http://www.therangelangley.com/

Cars
      '15 STi & '16 .:R
      10-26-2015 01:44 PM #6
      I have a really nice indoor range only a few miles from my house that I've been going to:

http://www.eliteshootingsports.com/

But I also get to shoot outside when we down to NC, on a family friend's farm.
      iain

Cars
      MkVII GSW & Atlas R-Line
      10-26-2015 04:02 PM #7
      Haven't been for a while... Still haven't shot my new AR build.

These are my go to ranges:

http://www.peacemakernational.com/
      http://www.340defense.com/

There's only one indoor range relatively close, but I think it's only pistols.

I do have to go to another range next week, but that's mandatory and no fun - free ammo doesn't even make it exciting.

10. I got a poop emoji! CHEVY!! Time for an aSS's Avatar
      Cars
      17 Chevy SS
      10-26-2015 06:44 PM #8
      Quote Originally Posted by NoDubJustYet View Post

There's only one indoor range relatively close, but I think it's only pistols.
      The indoor range at my club is pistols only.
      We can not be trusted.

10-26-2015 11:45 PM #9
      I use to have a nice range by me. With management change and the flood of new gun owners, it's gone to ****. I even avoid gun stores now at peak hours. Don't feel like dealing with derp or being muzzle swept.

Who would have thought, not hitting the roof with a handgun was such a chore.
      Instagram: Subie_J

12. 10-27-2015 09:32 AM #10
      Quote Originally Posted by Subie J View Post
      I use to have a nice range by me. With management change and the flood of new gun owners, it's gone to ****. I even avoid gun stores now at peak hours. Don't feel like dealing with derp or being muzzle swept.

I hate gun stores. I rarely go into them. I have everything transfer to a ffl in a car wash. Everything else is available online.

We have one indoor range I'll use on very rare occasion when its too cold or ****ty to shoot outside. It's amazing to see the bullet holes in the lane dividers. How the hell did that happen?

13. 10-27-2015 11:54 AM #11
      I go to Aurora Sportsman Club outside of Chicago. The club rents out lanes to LE agencies and random classes. Last week when I went, on a Saturday, some group decided it was wise to go on the 200 yard range....and set up at 50 yards. The 50 yard range was open by the way and is perfect for sht like this.

14. 10-30-2015 10:06 AM #12
      Setting sun, box of ammo, nobody else in sight.

Bliss.

Not bad shooting either for cheap Remington Thunderbolt bulk.

Cars
      Wagon Queen Family Truckster (not the blue sport wagon)
      10-30-2015 10:46 AM #13
      Shooting has been mostly limited to plinking .22 in the back yard.

Groundhogs have been strangely absent for the most part. Only one KIA this summer.

There's a new indoor range local to us I've been wanting to try.

16. Learning New Things Every Day. GreenandChrome's Avatar
      Cars
      '12 Earth F****r Limited EL; '12 A4q; '18 UBM Q3q
      10-30-2015 12:59 PM #14

Which range? WCA in Bellevue is the only one I really go to. I avoid Wade's since, hey, spend a few million on a building renovation and you don't bother putting in bullet-proof dividers? And someone gets shot through the arms because newbie doesn't know the rules? kthxbye.

If only I could find a reliable (and close) outdoor area that the KKK doesn't destroy... A great spot out by Gold Bar got shut down because people are idiots.
      "Excluding the possibility that a female Scandinavian Olympian was running around outside our house last night, what else might be a possibility?"
      If someone you know is afflicted with Dunning-Kruger, please help. #knowthecure
      @mbull | instagram #imhardlyeverserious
      SRT__________________\_________________________SRT

17. I got a poop emoji! CHEVY!! Time for an aSS's Avatar
      Cars
      17 Chevy SS
      10-30-2015 09:34 PM #15
      Really looking forward to hitting the range with the new 308 on Sunday.
      We can not be trusted.

10-31-2015 12:45 AM #16
      Quote Originally Posted by GreenandChrome View Post
      Which range? WCA in Bellevue is the only one I really go to. I avoid Wade's since, hey, spend a few million on a building renovation and you don't bother putting in bullet-proof dividers? And someone gets shot through the arms because newbie doesn't know the rules? kthxbye.

If only I could find a reliable (and close) outdoor area that the KKK doesn't destroy... A great spot out by Gold Bar got shut down because people are idiots.
      I'm in north creek, northwest shooting sports is only 5-10 minutes away. I've been a member there for 5 or so years and my dad since they opened. I've bought a few guns from WCA and would love to shoot IDPA, I actually just might go sign up on saturday..

Thanks for the kick in the ass.

19. Learning New Things Every Day. GreenandChrome's Avatar
      Cars
      10-31-2015 01:22 AM #17
      I'm in north creek, northwest shooting sports is only 5-10 minutes away. I've been a member there for 5 or so years and my dad since they opened. I've bought a few guns from WCA and would love to shoot IDPA, I actually just might go sign up on saturday..

Thanks for the kick in the ass.
      I've never shot there, and it's closer than Bellevue for me. I'm on the south side of the slough from north creek (I used to live there in Cambria).

Also, I'm just up the road from Securite Gun Club, which will be open next year, probably. It's owned by a guy who grew up down the street from me and went to school with my sister.

http://securitegunclub.com/

I'm totally getting the Carbon membership

/yeahright
      Last edited by GreenandChrome; 10-31-2015 at 01:25 AM.
      "Excluding the possibility that a female Scandinavian Olympian was running around outside our house last night, what else might be a possibility?"

10-31-2015 01:43 AM #18
      75' indoors plus 2 levels, sign me up.

21. I got a poop emoji! CHEVY!! Time for an aSS's Avatar
      Cars
      17 Chevy SS
      02-27-2016 04:52 PM #19
      Going to hit the club tomorrow weather permitting. Probably .308 at 100 yards.
      We can not be trusted.

22. I got a poop emoji! CHEVY!! Time for an aSS's Avatar
      Cars
      17 Chevy SS
      02-28-2016 04:21 PM #20
      Quote Originally Posted by Time for a GTI View Post
      Going to hit the club tomorrow weather permitting. Probably .308 at 100 yards.
      Good times.

That's 5 rounds on the top target.

Last edited by Time for an SS; 02-28-2016 at 04:23 PM.
      We can not be trusted.

23. Member
      Cars
      1986 IDI Golf, 332K miles, down for combustion leak into cooling system.
      02-28-2016 10:32 PM #21
      Here in SE Wisconsin the only public accessible pistol/rifle ranges that I know of are McMiller Sports Center in Eagle (outdoor only), Hartford Gun Club (indoor pistol and outdoor rifle and trap shooting), The Range of Richfield (indoor rifle and pistol). The Range of Richfield, thankfully open in winter, is about a half mile north of the Cabela's store and is a natural for customers who want to sight in their gun that they bought at Cabela's or at Gander Mountain, a few miles south of Cabela's.

Waukesha Gun Club is shotgun only.

There are a few private gun ranges too but you need to know someone to get in on those as I understand it.

Oops, I forgot Fletcher Arms on Main St. in Waukesha and Badger Outdoors on S 43rd St. in Milwaukee who have indoor pistol ranges.

I love Wisconsin; we have it all except warm weather in winter.

Wisconsin's DNR has a web site that identifies more public shooting ranges. http://dnr.wi.gov/education/outdoors...Locations.html
      Last edited by Tinker Toy; 05-25-2016 at 10:51 PM.

24. I got a poop emoji! CHEVY!! Time for an aSS's Avatar
      Cars
      17 Chevy SS
      04-01-2016 09:08 AM #22
      Really want to hit the range tomorrow but really need to do Spring cleanup in the yard. Responsibilities suck.

And a pic of the newest toy for sh!ts and giggles. I've had a few outings with it now. Really, really love the setup. There's something about distance shooting that I really enjoy.

We can not be trusted.

Cars
      1991 Jetta Digi 1
      04-01-2016 10:48 AM #23
      Subscribed

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
      Quote Originally Posted by HK1980 View Post
      There are people who know precision balance in tuning,and there are others who drive stock 1.8t.

"The Caterpillar cannot understand the butterfly."
      -Timothy Leary

26. Learning New Things Every Day. GreenandChrome's Avatar
      Cars
      04-01-2016 02:03 PM #24
      Forgot about this thread.

Went shooting last Friday at Norpoint in Arlington, WA. Definitely the worst shooting range I've been to (a whopping 3). Sister in law is looking to pick up a CCW, and she was going with a good friend of ours who does training. He brought some guns, I brought my guns, my wife came, and her brother came as a late add. So we had enough arms to occupy Paris. Ok, bad example.

SIL ended up liking the Shield and G43, the Glock getting the ultimate nod. She really liked my wife's P238, but .380 isn't on her checklist. And neither is the SIG's pricetag.

Not a lot of time shooting, since I was trying to get my wife settled down and back in the habit of shooting well.

Range review...

Noisy. The shooting bay was small, and there wasn't a lot of depth behind us. Plus the cinder blocks were painted black, so it made everything dark. My buddy who's been shooting for probably over 35 years had to double up on ear protection. The target carriers were adequate, but they rammed home. Full speed or nothing. The cables offered little stability. You had to wait for the target to settle down, it was swinging side to side and being blown about from the HVAC.

Somewhat funny story:
      My buddy works for Streamlight, and was just at the range a few days ago providing flashlight training to the staff there. I looked at him and deadpanned, "Don't you just click the button to turn it on and off?"

Scary story:
      BIL was shooting one of his pistols and the bullet deformed and jammed in the barrel. He didn't see a hole in the target, so he stripped down the gun to find the bullet about 1" down the barrel.

27. I got a poop emoji! CHEVY!! Time for an aSS's Avatar
      Cars
      17 Chevy SS
      04-01-2016 02:08 PM #25
      Quote Originally Posted by GreenandChrome View Post
      Scary story:
      BIL was shooting one of his pistols and the bullet deformed and jammed in the barrel. He didn't see a hole in the target, so he stripped down the gun to find the bullet about 1" down the barrel.
      That's terrifying
      We can not be trusted.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast