Fourtitude.com - RS-7
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Thread: RS-7

1. 07-27-2015 10:29 AM #1
      Hello mt name is Alex, and I am very interested in ordering a new RS-7 for purchase. I need to know if can I order a manual (stick shift) transmission? I really want a manual transmission. Can someone please advice?

Thanks, Alex. Feel free to call direct 313-790-7222 or email [email protected]

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. Member
      Cars
      '12 Atom / '16 Jetta S 1.4T
      07-28-2015 04:29 PM #2
      No, DSG only.
      Currently Between Fun Cars

4. Banner Advertiser 034Motorsport's Avatar
      07-29-2015 09:58 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by jsausley View Post
      No, DSG only.
      *Tiptronic only.
      034Motorsport - Engineering and Manufacturing Performance Hardware & Software Upgrades for Audi/Volkswagen Enthusiasts Since 2005.

YouTube // Instagram // Facebook

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

6. 07-30-2015 09:29 AM #4
      What is DSG or Tiptronic? I dont understand..I was under the impression these cars are made in Germany and most of them drive manual transmission there.Even if I order it???

Cars
      18 WRX
      07-30-2015 04:14 PM #5
      Other transmissions can't handle the torque that the RS7 puts down, so they were basically forced to use the ZF 8 speed auto with torque converter. It is a great transmission option from all that I've read.

The 7-speed S-Tronic DSG is a twin-clutch sequential automatic transmission that uses a different clutch for every other gear. Gear changes are lightning-quick because the next gear is basically engaged before the gear change is even made. The 8-speed automatic is a torque converter automatic that allows slippage between the engine and the transmission. At low revolutions, slippage is allowed, but as the engine revs up the torque converter locks up to transmit power to the transmission. At low engine speeds, slippage is allowed so your engine doesn't die when you're idling with your foot on the brake, and slippage also takes stress off of the gears to assist in changing gears while accelerating.
      Last edited by dubbinitmk6; 07-30-2015 at 04:24 PM.
      Quote Originally Posted by billcosbyluvsvr6s View Post
      Quote, originally posted by tivs31
      what is the english conversion for a metric assload?
      2.8738 US assloads = 1 metric assload