VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

RS-7

34K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  dubbinitmk6 
#1 ·
Hello mt name is Alex, and I am very interested in ordering a new RS-7 for purchase. I need to know if can I order a manual (stick shift) transmission? I really want a manual transmission. Can someone please advice?

Thanks, Alex. Feel free to call direct 313-790-7222 or email Alexsaadcentury21@gmail.com

#5 · (Edited)
Other transmissions can't handle the torque that the RS7 puts down, so they were basically forced to use the ZF 8 speed auto with torque converter. It is a great transmission option from all that I've read.

The 7-speed S-Tronic DSG is a twin-clutch sequential automatic transmission that uses a different clutch for every other gear. Gear changes are lightning-quick because the next gear is basically engaged before the gear change is even made. The 8-speed automatic is a torque converter automatic that allows slippage between the engine and the transmission. At low revolutions, slippage is allowed, but as the engine revs up the torque converter locks up to transmit power to the transmission. At low engine speeds, slippage is allowed so your engine doesn't die when you're idling with your foot on the brake, and slippage also takes stress off of the gears to assist in changing gears while accelerating.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.