Fourtitude.com - The first TCL Electric Vehicle Registry!
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    Fourtitude.com


    Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Results 76 to 100 of 499
    1. Member psykokid's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2nd, 2002
      Location
      La CittÓ degli Angeli
      Posts
      4,257
      Cars
      1976 Scirocco, 1997 Land Rover Discovery, 2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI, 2016 e-Golf
      11-05-2015 03:02 AM #76
      Quote Originally Posted by Dawg Dee-Lux View Post
      Congrats
      Here's my Toaster parked next to its brotha from anotha motha at the charge spot down the street. (mines the one on the right)



      Mostly my wife's runabout. Have had it since Jan 2014 so coming up on 2 years. Only just broke 14K miles. Probably going to lease an e-Golf when it's time to turn the Toaster in.. Having to haul around an extra kid every now and then makes the 4 seats inconvenient.
      You can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter

    2. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    3. Member rlfletch's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 11th, 2000
      Location
      SoCal
      Posts
      3,904
      Cars
      2018 Tesla Model 3, 1988 BMW M5
      11-05-2015 09:35 AM #77
      Just like our Focus Electric:

      Lease is up in March. Thought for sure we would replace it with a 2016 Volt until we saw how silly the "3" across back seat is in that thing. My wife now likes the Kia Electric Soul depending on the deal that can be had.
      Quote Originally Posted by Fritz27 View Post
      Mercedes typically makes awful manual transmissions and fantastic auto transmissions. Choosing the stick would be like saying, "Y'know, that Natalie Portman is pretty hot, but if she grew some hair on her legs and had a dong, she'd be just right."
      Quote Originally Posted by jnm2.0t View Post
      Was it parked on the curb on garbage day?

    4. Member 2 doors's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 18th, 2003
      Location
      Baltimore, MD
      Posts
      5,509
      Cars
      '19 Accord EX Hybrid, '16 e-Golf SE, '04 Sequoia SR5, '00 GTI 1.8t
      11-05-2015 09:58 AM #78
      Quote Originally Posted by psykokid View Post
      Probably going to lease an e-Golf when it's time to turn the Toaster in.. Having to haul around an extra kid every now and then makes the 4 seats inconvenient.
      This is the main reason we didn't even look at or test anything but the e-Golf. Spark is sub-compact, Golf is compact. On our test drives, my wife and I alternated driving, salesman rode shotgun, 6 year old in a booster behind driver, tall 8 year old rear center, other parent behind passenger. It was completely workable. I wouldn't drive across country like that (and being an EV, you can't really) but for around town running, 3 adults + 2kids or 2 adults + 3 kids is completely comfortable. Focus EV might be the only one that comes close, but I think you lose some hatch floor space to the battery.

    5. Member Uber Wagon's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 8th, 2003
      Location
      Pickup Truck Capital of US
      Posts
      15,502
      Cars
      Audi S3, BMW X3, and a Toyota Appiiance
      11-05-2015 11:52 AM #79
      Quote Originally Posted by psykokid View Post
      Here's my Toaster parked next to its brotha from anotha motha at the charge spot down the street. (mines the one on the right)
      Love those Toasters!!!
      Beer: The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.

    6. Senior Member AZGolf's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 6th, 2000
      Location
      Phoenix area
      Posts
      33,914
      11-05-2015 12:20 PM #80
      Quote Originally Posted by andyA6 View Post
      So, what do we call the gas pedal now? Juice pedal, the amps, lolgo or what?
      It's been called an accelerator for a long time, especially by diesel drivers since they don't use gas. The term works and is accurate for any car.

    7. Member psykokid's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2nd, 2002
      Location
      La CittÓ degli Angeli
      Posts
      4,257
      Cars
      1976 Scirocco, 1997 Land Rover Discovery, 2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI, 2016 e-Golf
      11-05-2015 01:25 PM #81
      Quote Originally Posted by 2 doors View Post
      This is the main reason we didn't even look at or test anything but the e-Golf. Spark is sub-compact, Golf is compact. On our test drives, my wife and I alternated driving, salesman rode shotgun, 6 year old in a booster behind driver, tall 8 year old rear center, other parent behind passenger. It was completely workable. I wouldn't drive across country like that (and being an EV, you can't really) but for around town running, 3 adults + 2kids or 2 adults + 3 kids is completely comfortable. Focus EV might be the only one that comes close, but I think you lose some hatch floor space to the battery.
      Yeah, the e-golf wasn't available when we leased the Spark. Had it been we would have went that route. We have my rover for long distance stuff or when we need to haul more than just the family from place to place. We test drove all of the available EV's when we were looking and the spark fit our needs best at the price point. Here's my thread from when I was researching everything: https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...-leasing-an-EV
      You can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter

    8. Member psykokid's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2nd, 2002
      Location
      La CittÓ degli Angeli
      Posts
      4,257
      Cars
      1976 Scirocco, 1997 Land Rover Discovery, 2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI, 2016 e-Golf
      11-05-2015 01:39 PM #82
      Quote Originally Posted by Uber Wagon View Post
      Love those Toasters!!!
      It's an appliance and just works as such, hence the name My wife loves the car. I need to get something more fuel efficient for my daily commute and if there are super cheap lease deals on the Sparks after we get the e-Golf we may lease another Spark for her. At that point I'll have to install a level 2 charger at the house though. The only thing I dont like about the Spark, other than being a 4 seater, is the built in charger is only 3.3kw vs the 7.2kw chargers that most other EV's have. I realize that the onboard charger is a victim of parts bin sharing with the Volt, but the Spark is painfully slow to charge, even on level 2..
      You can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter

    9. Member
      Join Date
      Dec 3rd, 2011
      Posts
      2,959
      Cars
      The NATO garage: 3 British, 2 German, 2 American.
      11-05-2015 03:43 PM #83
      Quote Originally Posted by Uber Wagon View Post
      I think you're the only one here that has one...she's a beauty!
      Maybe on TCL, but there are a number of us in my area.... and we show up at the most unusual places!!


    10. Member
      Join Date
      May 5th, 2011
      Posts
      561
      Cars
      '14 Moto Guzzi V7, '14 Honda Pilot, '17 Hyundai Ioniq
      11-05-2015 04:02 PM #84
      [IMG][/IMG]

      That's all I have.

    11. Member Uber Wagon's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 8th, 2003
      Location
      Pickup Truck Capital of US
      Posts
      15,502
      Cars
      Audi S3, BMW X3, and a Toyota Appiiance
      11-05-2015 04:06 PM #85
      Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Car_Guy View Post
      Maybe on TCL, but there are a number of us in my area.... and we show up at the most unusual places!!

      This pic has made my day! Thank you.
      Beer: The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.

    12. Member WalterGuida's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 3rd, 2012
      Location
      South Jersey
      Posts
      1,074
      Cars
      Mine:2014 VR6 Passat SEL Hers: 2019 Tiguan SE 4Motion
      11-05-2015 04:34 PM #86
      Where are all the smart cars????



    13. Member Uber Wagon's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 8th, 2003
      Location
      Pickup Truck Capital of US
      Posts
      15,502
      Cars
      Audi S3, BMW X3, and a Toyota Appiiance
      11-05-2015 04:39 PM #87
      Quote Originally Posted by WalterKohn View Post
      Where are all the smart cars????


      Better yet, anybody own one of these here?

      Last edited by Uber Wagon; 11-05-2015 at 04:41 PM.
      Beer: The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.

    14. Member G0to60's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 23rd, 2003
      Location
      Milwaukie, OR
      Posts
      7,205
      Cars
      90 VW Corrado, 02 Audi allroad, 03 VW GTI 20TH, 96 BMW 318ti, 17 JKU, 16 eGolf
      11-05-2015 05:12 PM #88
      Is this the death of the small company electric cars now that major manufacturers are building them? Things like the Think or Zap?

      I've seen a couple of these around on occasion.


      There's someone who dailies a white truck version of this.


    15. Member Uber Wagon's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 8th, 2003
      Location
      Pickup Truck Capital of US
      Posts
      15,502
      Cars
      Audi S3, BMW X3, and a Toyota Appiiance
      11-05-2015 05:14 PM #89
      Quote Originally Posted by G0to60 View Post
      Beer: The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.

    16. Member psykokid's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2nd, 2002
      Location
      La CittÓ degli Angeli
      Posts
      4,257
      Cars
      1976 Scirocco, 1997 Land Rover Discovery, 2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI, 2016 e-Golf
      11-05-2015 05:16 PM #90
      Quote Originally Posted by Uber Wagon View Post
      Better yet, anybody own one of these here?

      There's someone who lives in my neck of the woods that has a white iMiev that I see driving around all the time.
      You can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter

    17. Member Power5's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 19th, 2001
      Location
      Cincy
      Posts
      9,088
      Cars
      '17 Scat Pack Manuel / '01 Camaro SS Manuel / 2003 Jetta 2.sl0
      11-05-2015 05:23 PM #91
      Quote Originally Posted by Uber Wagon View Post
      Better yet, anybody own one of these here?

      Damn. I see one regularly around my work. I drive an EV and can do nothing but laugh whenever I see this damn thing. Are they giving those away yet? I have only seen the 1 in my entire city.

    18. Member 2 doors's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 18th, 2003
      Location
      Baltimore, MD
      Posts
      5,509
      Cars
      '19 Accord EX Hybrid, '16 e-Golf SE, '04 Sequoia SR5, '00 GTI 1.8t
      11-12-2015 01:39 PM #92
      Quote Originally Posted by WalterKohn View Post
      Where are all the smart cars????


      Guy at my work has one. It's taller than my Golf, but it looks to be about half the length!



      Week 2 of EV driving for me, and I'm still enjoying it! The only weird thing is being able to watch the "fuel" gauge drop over the course of a short trip. I don't suffer from "range anxiety", just "range slight concern".

    19. Member T_Dub's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 8th, 2006
      Location
      NL
      Posts
      530
      Cars
      2018 SB Golf, 1989 325i, 1977 KZ650
      11-12-2015 02:01 PM #93
      I'll buy an EV as soon as I can get 300km on the highway in one, and it costs less than $40k.

      I really like the e-Golf and will get one as soon as the range is as above.
      Last edited by T_Dub; 11-12-2015 at 02:05 PM.

    20. Member Chris_V's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 18th, 2009
      Location
      Pikesville, MD
      Posts
      18,300
      Cars
      '13 Volt, '20 Bolt, '02 Suburban 2500LT
      11-12-2015 02:17 PM #94
      Quote Originally Posted by T_Dub View Post
      I'll buy an EV as soon as I can get 300km on the highway in one, and it costs less than $40k.

      I really like the e-Golf and will get one as soon as the range is as above.
      You have bunch of vehicles. Couldn't you use one of those to go longer trips? If you're commuting that much each day, you might want to consider moving or getting another job...
      "Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection"

    21. Member Uber Wagon's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 8th, 2003
      Location
      Pickup Truck Capital of US
      Posts
      15,502
      Cars
      Audi S3, BMW X3, and a Toyota Appiiance
      11-12-2015 02:20 PM #95
      Quote Originally Posted by 2 doors View Post
      Week 2 of EV driving for me, and I'm still enjoying it! The only weird thing is being able to watch the "fuel" gauge drop over the course of a short trip. I don't suffer from "range anxiety", just "range slight concern".


      Range anxiety will be thing of the past soon with Chevy Bolt and others getting 200 plus range. Even now, I have never used the gas powered "range extender" back-up on my i3. But I have 30 miles roundtrip route every day. The range extender came on twice last six months so that engine runs in case I ever need it. I haven't filled up at the gas station yet...in six months! It's so wonderful to be off gas addiction.

      Last edited by Uber Wagon; 11-12-2015 at 02:26 PM.
      Beer: The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.

    22. Member G0to60's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 23rd, 2003
      Location
      Milwaukie, OR
      Posts
      7,205
      Cars
      90 VW Corrado, 02 Audi allroad, 03 VW GTI 20TH, 96 BMW 318ti, 17 JKU, 16 eGolf
      11-12-2015 02:22 PM #96
      Quote Originally Posted by T_Dub View Post
      I'll buy an EV as soon as I can get 300km on the highway in one, and it costs less than $40k.

      I really like the e-Golf and will get one as soon as the range is as above.
      So why do you need 300km in one shot? Convenience? You work 150km from home? The EV will be your only car?

      I get that these are requirements if an EV is your only car but a lot of people (especially in TCL) have multiple cars. My wife and I swap between our different cars depending on where we're going and if the EV doesn't work for her on one day she'll take the gas car. No big deal.

    23. Member Uber Wagon's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 8th, 2003
      Location
      Pickup Truck Capital of US
      Posts
      15,502
      Cars
      Audi S3, BMW X3, and a Toyota Appiiance
      11-12-2015 02:28 PM #97
      Quote Originally Posted by 2 doors View Post
      Guy at my work has one. It's taller than my Golf, but it looks to be about half the length!


      I love those Smart Electricdrive EVs. Almost bought one before I got my i3...my lease would've been something like $129 a month with $300 down.
      Beer: The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.

    24. Member T_Dub's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 8th, 2006
      Location
      NL
      Posts
      530
      Cars
      2018 SB Golf, 1989 325i, 1977 KZ650
      11-12-2015 02:30 PM #98
      Quote Originally Posted by Chris_V View Post
      You have bunch of vehicles. Couldn't you use one of those to go longer trips? If you're commuting that much each day, you might want to consider moving or getting another job...
      Quote Originally Posted by G0to60 View Post
      So why do you need 300km in one shot? Convenience? You work 150km from home? The EV will be your only car?

      I get that these are requirements if an EV is your only car but a lot of people (especially in TCL) have multiple cars. My wife and I swap between our different cars depending on where we're going and if the EV doesn't work for her on one day she'll take the gas car. No big deal.
      Gotta take the LR3 off my sig, its gone. I want to have one daily car if I'm going to pay $30-50k for it. I regularly go to the closest city which is 125km from my house, which I travel at 110-120km/h. I would have a lot of range anxiety going to work in the winter, a work day is almost 100k there and back including a pop out for lunch. Can't see a car with 80mi advertised range getting that far at primarily highway speeds in the winter.

      That said I'm probably going to try to get the wife into an EV when she's ready to give up the Beetle. She only commutes 10km a day. But for both of us to switch we'll need one 300km car.

    25. Member Uber Wagon's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 8th, 2003
      Location
      Pickup Truck Capital of US
      Posts
      15,502
      Cars
      Audi S3, BMW X3, and a Toyota Appiiance
      11-12-2015 02:41 PM #99
      Quote Originally Posted by T_Dub View Post
      Gotta take the LR3 off my sig, its gone. I want to have one daily car if I'm going to pay $30-50k for it. I regularly go to the closest city which is 125km from my house, which I travel at 110-120km/h. I would have a lot of range anxiety going to work in the winter, a work day is almost 100k there and back including a pop out for lunch. Can't see a car with 80mi advertised range getting that far at primarily highway speeds in the winter.

      That said I'm probably going to try to get the wife into an EV when she's ready to give up the Beetle. She only commutes 10km a day. But for both of us to switch we'll need one 300km car.
      No need to hurry into getting the EV. With gas being so cheap (at least in US of A), and everyone buying brodozers and Soccermom CUVs, EV discounts and incentives will remain steep. I got into an EV because I always wanted one, and massive discounts and incentives just made it easier to get into one. I bought one of the 20 last remaining 2014's in mid 2015. EV battery technology is constantly evolving though, so it's a good idea to lease them rather than buying one. In either case, there will be great deals on EVs for long periods of time.
      Last edited by Uber Wagon; 11-12-2015 at 02:49 PM.
      Beer: The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.

    26. Member G0to60's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 23rd, 2003
      Location
      Milwaukie, OR
      Posts
      7,205
      Cars
      90 VW Corrado, 02 Audi allroad, 03 VW GTI 20TH, 96 BMW 318ti, 17 JKU, 16 eGolf
      11-12-2015 03:02 PM #100
      Quote Originally Posted by T_Dub View Post
      Gotta take the LR3 off my sig, its gone. I want to have one daily car if I'm going to pay $30-50k for it. I regularly go to the closest city which is 125km from my house, which I travel at 110-120km/h. I would have a lot of range anxiety going to work in the winter, a work day is almost 100k there and back including a pop out for lunch. Can't see a car with 80mi advertised range getting that far at primarily highway speeds in the winter.

      That said I'm probably going to try to get the wife into an EV when she's ready to give up the Beetle. She only commutes 10km a day. But for both of us to switch we'll need one 300km car.
      Fair enough. Like Uber Wagon said there's no real reason to jump into an EV right now unless you really want one. I was able to fill up my allroad for $40 the other day so that doesn't hurt nearly as bad as when it was closer to $80 a while ago.

      I do find that it's nice to "fill up" the Fiat at home and not have to worry about stopping at a gas station.

    Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •