Fourtitude.com - The first TCL Electric Vehicle Registry!
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    Fourtitude.com


    Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 LastLast
    Results 426 to 450 of 546
    1. Member RENOG's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 25th, 2002
      Location
      San Francisco
      Posts
      4,712
      06-25-2019 07:31 PM #426
      Maybe soon I'll be joining you all, the TSX recently hit the 200k mark a few weeks ago and it looks like a possible Tesla of sorts (I get a discount so there's so yeah I got incentive to go that route) will be replacing it once the Acura dies.

    2. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    3. Member Uber Wagon's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 8th, 2003
      Location
      Pickup Truck Capital, USA
      Posts
      15,641
      Cars
      Audi e-Tron, BMW X3, and a Toyota appiiance
      06-26-2019 10:00 AM #427
      Quote Originally Posted by BLK9GEN View Post
      Love that Kona. I think you're the first Kona EV owner in TCL. Congratulations on the purchase!

      Also, did you have hard time pushing for discounts and reasonable pricing during negotiations? People were complaining that Hyundai dealers were pushing 'Market adjustment' on their Kona EVs due to low supply.
      Beer: The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.

    4. Member turbinepowered's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 18th, 2007
      Location
      Upstate SC
      Posts
      9,707
      Cars
      '86 Interceptor 700, '82 Quantum Coupe, Hyundai Elantra GT Daily
      06-26-2019 10:21 AM #428
      I want one. Or the new Soul EV still forthcoming...
      Quote Originally Posted by zukiphile View Post
      There is an area of a normal brain that lets the owner know the object works and needs to be left alone. Not all of us have it. It is like being colorblind.

    5. Member BLK9GEN's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 27th, 2001
      Location
      Reno, NV
      Posts
      13,555
      06-26-2019 10:44 AM #429
      Quote Originally Posted by Uber Wagon View Post
      Love that Kona. I think you're the first Kona EV owner in TCL. Congratulations on the purchase!

      Also, did you have hard time pushing for discounts and reasonable pricing during negotiations? People were complaining that Hyundai dealers were pushing 'Market adjustment' on their Kona EVs due to low supply.
      You know, they did have a markup of $2995, but the lease was still less than I was quoted for a loaded Leaf+ and Bolt, and about the same as the standard range Model 3 I was considering was once you factor in insurance. And the Kona has a significantly bigger battery pack than any of them. I got them to come down some, but this was the only Ultimate edition with the pebble/blue interior in all of Northern CA available so I knew I didn't have much wiggle room unless I wanted to wait. We pay $300/month for the Soul and roughly twice that for the Kona. But it does have much quicker acceleration and 2.75x the range of the Soul so at least there is that.

      Speaking of waiting, if you can wait, do. The 2020 is rumored to come with a better infotainment setup (H/K's new high-res 10.25" screen) as well as a slight range boost and perhaps faster quick charging. I was not too pleased to hear this news the day after I got the car. Lol

      Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk
      2016 Hyundai Tucson Limited AWD
      2015 Kia Soul + Special Edition

      Love one another




    6. Member Yuppie Scum's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 23rd, 2014
      Location
      Metro Boston
      Posts
      3,214
      Cars
      2020 Tesla Model 3 LR Dual Motor
      06-26-2019 10:47 AM #430
      Based on what I'm observing about newer EVs, I think 2020 is going to be a bit of a turning point where the fast charge technology starts to obviate range concerns. 150 mile range summer, 100 winter start to be fine when you can top off to 80% in 15-30 minutes. Makes me a lot more interested in the eGolf.

    7. Member Uber Wagon's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 8th, 2003
      Location
      Pickup Truck Capital, USA
      Posts
      15,641
      Cars
      Audi e-Tron, BMW X3, and a Toyota appiiance
      06-26-2019 01:52 PM #431
      Quote Originally Posted by BLK9GEN View Post
      You know, they did have a markup of $2995, but the lease was still less than I was quoted for a loaded Leaf+ and Bolt, and about the same as the standard range Model 3 I was considering was once you factor in insurance. And the Kona has a significantly bigger battery pack than any of them. I got them to come down some, but this was the only Ultimate edition with the pebble/blue interior in all of Northern CA available so I knew I didn't have much wiggle room unless I wanted to wait. We pay $300/month for the Soul and roughly twice that for the Kona. But it does have much quicker acceleration and 2.75x the range of the Soul so at least there is that.
      I wouldn't think that $600 a month for a car that's in demand is bad. I was quoted $740 a month for a Chevy Bolt lease in March. I think NV and TX are one of the worst states to lease cars anyway.

      Quote Originally Posted by BLK9GEN View Post
      Speaking of waiting, if you can wait, do. The 2020 is rumored to come with a better infotainment setup (H/K's new high-res 10.25" screen) as well as a slight range boost and perhaps faster quick charging. I was not too pleased to hear this news the day after I got the car. Lol
      Nah, that's when lease pays its dividends. Go lease another Kona for $300 a month in three years.
      Beer: The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.

    8. Member Dawg Dee-Lux's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 16th, 2004
      Location
      Sarpsborg, Norway
      Posts
      10,529
      Cars
      '17 BMW i3 BEV, '16 BMW i3 BEV, '13 FiST
      06-26-2019 02:56 PM #432
      Quote Originally Posted by BLK9GEN View Post
      As of last week we are an all EV household.
      Congrats from me too. Looks great both of them. I assume the Kona is the 64kWh?

      I think at some point The Car Lounge should be renamed as The EV Lounge, or popularized as EVL.

      flick
      r
      | Listen to No Agenda!

      Quote Originally Posted by thisisdog View Post
      The internet has gotten significantly better since Russians started buying video cameras.

    9. Member BLK9GEN's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 27th, 2001
      Location
      Reno, NV
      Posts
      13,555
      06-26-2019 02:59 PM #433
      Quote Originally Posted by Dawg Dee-Lux View Post
      Congrats from me too. Looks great both of them. I assume the Kona is the 64kWh?
      Indeed it is. They don't offer the smaller battery in North America.

      Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk
      2016 Hyundai Tucson Limited AWD
      2015 Kia Soul + Special Edition

      Love one another




    10. Member Crispyfritter's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 21st, 2001
      Location
      SW KS
      Posts
      14,289
      07-09-2019 12:31 PM #434
      I've had hybrids, and I've had a LEAF, but never a plug-in hybrid.

      Over the weekend, I traded my 03 AMG S55 for this C-Max Energi.



      It has just under 80k miles on it, and almost 22k of those miles were electric. Even if I don't plug it in, the car will go on all electric for .8 miles of my 1.3 mile daily commute.

      Chris
      | 20 Ram | 13 Altima | 00 Tahoe | 94 Integra GS-R | 74 SuperBeetle | 62 Ford Unibody |

    11. Member
      Join Date
      Oct 25th, 2011
      Location
      Southern California
      Posts
      1,573
      Cars
      '20 RX350F, '17 Volt, '99 GMC Suburban
      07-09-2019 12:38 PM #435
      Quote Originally Posted by Crispyfritter View Post
      I've had hybrids, and I've had a LEAF, but never a plug-in hybrid.

      Over the weekend, I traded my 03 AMG S55 for this C-Max Energi.

      It has just under 80k miles on it, and almost 22k of those miles were electric. Even if I don't plug it in, the car will go on all electric for .8 miles of my 1.3 mile daily commute.

      Chris
      Welcome to the club! However, knowing you, there'll be a thread shortly about you "travelling to (insert state name) and find me a (insert quirky car) for under (money)" so this'll be gone soon anyway

      Had my first issue with the Gen 2 Volt today outside of maintenance. The car intermittently decides that it's not in Park when the shift lever is in Park and won't turn off unless I cycle it back between D and P a few times. Went to the dealer and got quoted for $480 parts and labor to replace. Car is at 46k miles and this isn't covered under powertrain. A quick google search shows that this isn't that unusual of an issue, unfortunately.

      To date, only $1,200 in gas over 46k miles though!

    12. Member Uber Wagon's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 8th, 2003
      Location
      Pickup Truck Capital, USA
      Posts
      15,641
      Cars
      Audi e-Tron, BMW X3, and a Toyota appiiance
      07-09-2019 02:27 PM #436
      Quote Originally Posted by Crispyfritter View Post
      Congratulations! What kind of electric mile range does yours get?
      Beer: The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.

    13. Member Crispyfritter's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 21st, 2001
      Location
      SW KS
      Posts
      14,289
      07-09-2019 03:42 PM #437
      Quote Originally Posted by Uber Wagon View Post
      Congratulations! What kind of electric mile range does yours get?
      I'll know more this week. I just got my charger today actually.

      But without charging, I'm finding it ends up in electric mode about 50% of the time. In our town, most roads are 30 and 40 mph and there's not a lot of stop and go.

      Chris
      | 20 Ram | 13 Altima | 00 Tahoe | 94 Integra GS-R | 74 SuperBeetle | 62 Ford Unibody |

    14. Member G0to60's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 23rd, 2003
      Location
      Milwaukie, OR
      Posts
      7,247
      Cars
      90 VW Corrado, 02 Audi allroad, 03 VW GTI 20TH, 96 BMW 318ti, 17 JKU, 16 eGolf
      08-19-2019 11:42 AM #438
      After about 2 years from when we turned in our fantastic little Fiat 500e I'm back into the EV game. I looked into getting another Fiat but just couldn't find the one that I want for a reasonable price and semi close to me (Portland, Or). You damn Europeans have really thinned out the inventory around here.

      I then started expanding out to other makes. Looked at a MB B Class EV. Very nice car with Tesla batteries and motor but way to much like a mini van for me. Sat in a Leaf and a Kia. Hated the Leaf. The looks the feel inside. All of it. The Kia was fine and I liked it but I wanted something with a bit more fun potential.

      I considered getting a Model 3 and probably could have swung it but didn't want to get into more payments. My wife and I will get into a longer range EV in the future. Probably when we decide to get rid of the allroad since that's our current road trip mobile.

      Anyway, I went with a 2016 VW eGolf SE. Pretty much the most basic one you can get but that's fine as I plan on changing things in the near future. I'm going to go with a eGTI type thing with wheels, seats, steering wheel, suspension, etc. I might see if I can get some GTE seats at a reasonable price but if not I'll find some standard plaid here in the US.

      Here it is in it's very stock glory. 28k miles and drives great.

      IMG_20190818_142512_286 by Wayne Larson, on Flickr

    15. 08-19-2019 11:45 AM #439
      Quote Originally Posted by G0to60 View Post
      I went with a 2016 VW eGolf SE.
      Welcome (back) to the club!
      Dempsey Bowling
      Sales Consultant at Doug Smith Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep/Ram/Subaru/Kia/used
      My fleet: 91 Miata (5.0L swap project), 98 Wrangler Sport, 01 Suburban 2500 8.1L, 80 Grand Prix LJ 454, 86 GLHS #75, 13 Leaf SV

    16. Member G0to60's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 23rd, 2003
      Location
      Milwaukie, OR
      Posts
      7,247
      Cars
      90 VW Corrado, 02 Audi allroad, 03 VW GTI 20TH, 96 BMW 318ti, 17 JKU, 16 eGolf
      08-19-2019 12:14 PM #440
      Quote Originally Posted by TurboMinivan View Post
      Welcome (back) to the club!
      Thanks!

      Seeing a bunch of people get into new or new to them EVs got me the itch again. You and Wimbledon were two of them that really put me over the edge and to start looking more.

    17. Member Tommietank's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 6th, 2009
      Location
      Burlington, VT
      Posts
      2,864
      Cars
      2019 Model 3 Performance, 2019 Hyundai Ioniq EV, 2004 S2000
      08-19-2019 12:20 PM #441
      Quote Originally Posted by G0to60 View Post

      Here it is in it's very stock glory. 28k miles and drives great.
      Nice pickup OP. I look forward to our follow up posts sometime 10 years from now we all these EVs have 180k miles and we discuss the nearly zero maintenance costs we experienced.
      Slow Car Fast

    18. Geriatric Member ValveCoverGasket's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 20th, 2002
      Location
      northwest corner, WA
      Posts
      41,337
      Cars
      duramax, tdi westy, dieselgate tdi, and an mg
      08-19-2019 12:25 PM #442
      nice! that look fantastic. the idea of a normal looking car with EV power is really appealing.

      im jealous, wishing we had an opportunity to get back to an EV... perhaps in a couple years.

      will keep lurking in this thread in the meantime

    19. Senior Member Wimbledon's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 25th, 2005
      Location
      Phoenix, AZ
      Posts
      22,218
      08-19-2019 12:45 PM #443
      Quote Originally Posted by G0to60 View Post
      Anyway, I went with a 2016 VW eGolf SE.
      Congratulations, and welcome back to the fold! I'm interested in any updates on upgrades , it looks good in white
      2018 Fiat 500e
      2008 Audi TT 3.2 quattro manual
      2006 Lotus Exige

    20. Member Yuppie Scum's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 23rd, 2014
      Location
      Metro Boston
      Posts
      3,214
      Cars
      2020 Tesla Model 3 LR Dual Motor
      08-19-2019 01:23 PM #444
      Wish the eGolf had a little more range or a little faster charging. If it’s anything like the GTI, it’s a great car. It’d be great for the city but I do too much highway driving personally.

    21. Member Uber Wagon's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 8th, 2003
      Location
      Pickup Truck Capital, USA
      Posts
      15,641
      Cars
      Audi e-Tron, BMW X3, and a Toyota appiiance
      08-19-2019 01:32 PM #445
      Quote Originally Posted by G0to60 View Post
      Beer: The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.

    22. Senior Member Wimbledon's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 25th, 2005
      Location
      Phoenix, AZ
      Posts
      22,218
      08-19-2019 01:43 PM #446
      Quote Originally Posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
      Wish the eGolf had a little more range or a little faster charging. If it’s anything like the GTI, it’s a great car. It’d be great for the city but I do too much highway driving personally.
      eGolf models with the DC charging option can be recharged to 80% within one hour at a DC station, although VW recommends using DC charging sparingly for the health of the battery (no liquid cooling system on the eGolf).
      2018 Fiat 500e
      2008 Audi TT 3.2 quattro manual
      2006 Lotus Exige

    23. Member 2 doors's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 18th, 2003
      Location
      Baltimore, MD
      Posts
      5,693
      Cars
      '19 Accord EX Hybrid, '16 e-Golf SE, '04 Sequoia SR5, '00 GTI 1.8t
      08-19-2019 02:37 PM #447
      Quote Originally Posted by G0to60 View Post
      Anyway, I went with a 2016 VW eGolf SE.
      Another congrats! We're coming up on Year #4 on ours - picked it up on Halloween 2015. We're at 35k+ miles now and no issues. I did replace the tires. The factory Bridgestone Ecopias were the trifecta of crap tires: Low traction (terrible in the wet), high wear (close to wear bars before 30k miles) and expensive. Other than that, I replaced the wiper blades. Enjoy!

    24. Member
      Join Date
      Aug 4th, 2016
      Posts
      2,056
      Cars
      Unreliable pregnant guppy, 'Reliable' Family Truckster, Plug-in Bulldog
      08-19-2019 03:01 PM #448
      Quote Originally Posted by Tommietank View Post
      Nice pickup OP. I look forward to our follow up posts sometime 10 years from now we all these EVs have 180k miles and we discuss the nearly zero maintenance costs we experienced.
      something something just spent $600 on bicycle tires for the i3 something something

      otherwise, I agree

    25. Member
      Join Date
      Aug 4th, 2005
      Posts
      1,438
      Cars
      2020 Prius Prime, 2016 RAV4 Hybrid
      08-19-2019 03:03 PM #449
      Scrolled through most of the thread.

      Am I the only one here with a Prius Prime? I'm averaging over 2300mpg with it so far. Leased one for my commute. Promptly remove the Ecopias for 17" Firestone Indy 500's and got the windows tinted.

      As I car enthusiast, never thought I'd say this about a Prius, but I absolutely love this car



      Last edited by Dubveiser; 08-19-2019 at 03:05 PM.

    26. Member G0to60's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 23rd, 2003
      Location
      Milwaukie, OR
      Posts
      7,247
      Cars
      90 VW Corrado, 02 Audi allroad, 03 VW GTI 20TH, 96 BMW 318ti, 17 JKU, 16 eGolf
      08-19-2019 03:08 PM #450
      Quote Originally Posted by zmt2 View Post
      something something just spent $600 on bicycle tires for the i3 something something

      otherwise, I agree


      My wife also suggested an i3 in our search. While I love the design of it and can't stand the tall, skinny tires. I just couldn't get past them.

      Quote Originally Posted by Wimbledon
      eGolf models with the DC charging option can be recharged to 80% within one hour at a DC station, although VW recommends using DC charging sparingly for the health of the battery (no liquid cooling system on the eGolf).
      This one doesn't have DC charging. I thought I wanted it but really it's not needed for my needs so it's not a big deal. Really if we went anywhere more than ~60 miles away we would just drive one of our gas cars.

    Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •