Fourtitude.com - The first TCL Electric Vehicle Registry!
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122 LastLast
      Cars
      90 VW Corrado, 02 Audi allroad, 03 VW GTI 20TH, 96 BMW 318ti, 17 JKU, 16 eGolf
      03-10-2020 10:56 AM #501
      Almost.

Looks great!

Quote Originally Posted by Uber Wagon View Post
      I'm back in the EV game!!! Presenting the 2019 Audi e-Tron. I think I might be the first e-Tron owner in TCL.

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
      Crap, I didn't see this thread for some reason. I leased a 2017 Audi A3 E-tron for my wife at the end of December last year. She has a 14 mile round-trip commute to her school and back, and they have a charging station there that allows her to plug in and start the car remotely and cool it off when she leaves. She really likes it and if you keep your foot out of it and use the dynamic mode, it can go for about 35 miles on a charge. We have two 220v outlets in my garage so it works out perfectly for her.

No pictures of it hosted anywhere, but it looks like this.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Cars
      Audi e-Tron, BMW X3, and a Toyota appiiance
      03-10-2020 11:21 AM #502
      Quote Originally Posted by G0to60 View Post

Looks great!
      Beer: The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.

Cars
      Clownshoe, x5 3.5d, Tesla 3
      03-10-2020 03:55 PM #503
      Nice kill! Those eTrons look great! They're popping up everywhere here in the Bay Area. Funny, I went to Norway in June, saw my first I-Pace and a bunch of eTrons ("those are out already??") and as soon as I got home, I saw an eTron that already had plates (takes ~6 weeks in CA).
      Supercar owners: If your housekeeper can afford to register their car in your state, so can you.
      We've got an amazing country; don't like the taxes in your state, you can just move. How many other countries have this freedom?

Cars
      2020 Tesla Model 3 LR Dual Motor
      03-18-2020 09:59 PM #504
      Picked it up today. LR Dual Motor no performance.

They were actually expecting me tomorrow, but I missed the text. They had it on the lot anyway, and were able to get it prepped. They basically told me to go wait in the Tesla outside to limit COVID exposure, and it's pretty clear things were a little chaotic. Dealt with about 5 different people each doing different parts of the process. All in all I sat in the car for about 2 and a half hours before I had plates and could go.

I only got to drive it about a half hour today but God damn does it drive good. Stabbed the accelerator and very quickly approached triple digits on a very sparse I-95. A couple miles further and I probably would have got nailed by a statie. Steering feel is excellent, especially compared to the vague, overboosted Honda products I've been driving lately. Anyway, you very quickly forget about the annoyances of this car (the door handles, the lack of physical climate control, the Tesla Cultists...) when you actually are diving it.

Yanking the aero caps off tomorrow. Now just have to wait a week for a 14-50 socket install, and then however long it takes for bars and breweries to start opening up again so I can take a proper road trip.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
      Last edited by Yuppie Scum; 03-18-2020 at 10:12 PM.

Cars
      2019 Model 3 Performance, 2019 Hyundai Ioniq EV, 2004 S2000
      03-18-2020 11:45 PM #505
      Quote Originally Posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
      Now just have to wait a week for a 14-50 socket install, and then however long it takes for bars and breweries to start opening up again so I can take a proper road trip.

Congrats and welcome to the Cult! You are going to love the day to day of EV driving vs an ICE. Did you decide on a charger?
      Slow Car Fast

Cars
      03-19-2020 07:42 AM #506
      Quote Originally Posted by Tommietank View Post
      Congrats and welcome to the Cult! You are going to love the day to day of EV driving vs an ICE. Did you decide on a charger?
      Thanks! I have a 14-50 adapter to the mobile connector on order. Electrician is going to wire a 14-50 socket to my driveway on a separate gfci circuit next week. I didn’t want to spring for the hardwired Tesla connector yet cuz we may move in a year or two depending on the economy situation, plus flexibility if i end up in a different brand’s EV ever.

Comments on build quality - seems to be quite good. Road noise is significantly lower than the example I test drove. Frunk lid has a pretty noticeable alignment issue that I’ll probably want corrected, and the trunk could use some adjustment probably as well. Paint is great.
      Last edited by Yuppie Scum; 03-19-2020 at 07:46 AM.

Cars
      03-19-2020 11:20 AM #507
      Welcome to the club! Good news, you don't have to spend any time on Tesla forums or talking to Tesla People... well except us i guess

Didn't your mobile connector come with a 14-50? I though that was one of the standard ends. I had to order a 10-30 for my dryer outlet (and a $100 extension cord!) because I wasn't sure how long it would be until my wall connector arrived and got installed, but I only ended up using them a couple times.

Did you test drive a version with 19s? I've heard those are a lot louder. I kept my eco-crap tires until they wore out, and just put on P4S in whatever the stock size is, 235/45/18 i think, and don't notice any increase in road noise. I think our efficiency may be down a bit though
      Supercar owners: If your housekeeper can afford to register their car in your state, so can you.
      We've got an amazing country; don't like the taxes in your state, you can just move. How many other countries have this freedom?

Cars
      BlueStar, NA, V227
      03-19-2020 11:53 AM #508
      The UMC should come with a 10-50 plug and a regular wall outlet plug.
      "The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering."
      - Doctor Who (Fourth Doctor) "Face of Evil"

10. Senior Member chucchinchilla's Avatar
      Cars
      2016 A6, 2014 X3, 1967 Bus, 1963 356
      03-19-2020 12:20 PM #509
      If I was to get a Model 3, that would be my spec. Nicely done.
      This forum is more and more of an embarrassment every day...

Cars
      03-19-2020 12:24 PM #510
      Agree on avoiding TMC and other Tesla forums, they are unbearable.

Unfortunately they only provide the regular wall adapter with the mobile connector these days.. 14-50 adapter is $35.

12. Senior Member chucchinchilla's Avatar
      Cars
      03-19-2020 12:46 PM #511
      Agree on avoiding TMC and other Tesla forums, they are unbearable.
      How would you describe those owners? I can only make guesses as I'm not in "the club" but am curious what you've seen.

Cars
      03-19-2020 04:59 PM #512
      Quote Originally Posted by chucchinchilla View Post
      How would you describe those owners? I can only make guesses as I'm not in "the club" but am curious what you've seen.
      A toxic combination of New Car forum folks, elon fanboys, and non-car people learning how to become car people (do i have to take it to the dealer to rotate my tires type crap).

I had never owned a new car until a few years back, so I didn't realize how bad forums for ALL new models are.

New-car forum people are just SO defensive about God's Gift to Motoring that they so wisely purchased, it HAS to be the best vehicle ever produced, the end-all-be-all, their baby. I Hadn't experienced this as much before, since I always owned older cars. (Although, to be fair, older-car forums have similar problems, bitching about how the new one (that they can't afford) is soulless and all computerized, how obviously the 8th generation civic is the perfect sweet spot in the history of product lineups, everything before is ancient and crappy, everything after is neutered and numb).

So yeah, add that to Elon fanboys and True Believers, and then people who, all of a sudden with this purchase, at age 25 or 30 or 40 or 50 or whatever, just BECAME car people with all the n00b stuff that comes along with that.

Cars
      03-19-2020 08:06 PM #513
      Exactly what Smoothsix said. The Chevy Volt forums weren’t that far off of this either back when I had that.

Whereas on VWVortex, people are already bitching and complaining about the new models 3 years before they even hit the USA.

15. Senior Member chucchinchilla's Avatar
      Cars
      03-20-2020 11:32 AM #514
      ^Honestly that's early adopter mentality for everything. Think Prius owners circa early 2000's, first generation iPhone owners, etc. The only difference between these folks is the flavor of smug you get to deal with.

03-20-2020 02:15 PM #515
      Quote Originally Posted by chucchinchilla View Post
      ^Honestly that's early adopter mentality for everything. Think Prius owners circa early 2000's, first generation iPhone owners, etc. The only difference between these folks is the flavor of smug you get to deal with.
      The early adopter Model S crowd was different though. A pretty cool group of early adopters who were really interested in the tech and tended to be very technical types. The Model 3 group now is unbearable because it's this mass-market group who doesn't know much about cars but thinks Model 3 is the best thing ever. The Model 3 is a superb car, don't get me wrong, but the Model 3 crowd is not something I want to be a part of. The enthusiasts for my 500e tend to be clueless as well, but there is less smugness at least.
      2018 Fiat 500e
      2008 Audi TT 3.2 quattro manual
      2006 Lotus Exige

17. Member
      Cars
      GX470; Model 3 dual motor appliance
      03-24-2020 12:00 AM #516
      Quote Originally Posted by Wimbledon View Post
      The early adopter Model S crowd was different though. A pretty cool group of early adopters who were really interested in the tech and tended to be very technical types. The Model 3 group now is unbearable because it's this mass-market group who doesn't know much about cars but thinks Model 3 is the best thing ever. The Model 3 is a superb car, don't get me wrong, but the Model 3 crowd is not something I want to be a part of. The enthusiasts for my 500e tend to be clueless as well, but there is less smugness at least.

Its a great car but I don't enjoy being an owner or seen as a "tesla person" Its SUCH a mixed bag of owners. Not surprised by the early model s crowd - I think I'd get along with them. Even the other EV car crowd like early volt or bolt owners - at least you have an enthusiast group of EV owners. The model 3 ... *shivver*.

I think someone asked about 18" vs 19" ride or noise quality. There's literally no difference, I have 19's now and I think its nicer actually.

Congrats Yuppie Scum, you're likely ruined now. Wait till the weather warms up - I personally believe the car drives much nicer in warm weather.

Cars
      03-24-2020 09:36 AM #517
      Pretty sure my test drive was 18's as well, but it was almost certainly an older model year. My understanding is that at some point last year, they started adding trunk and frunk lining, and got rid of that "porthole" between the trunk and cabin. (Subwoofer response is still great) That stuff contributes to lower road noise. Granted, I have not taken it out on a long highway drive yet.

Very happy with the wheel/tire combo. It handles our very crappy pavement nicely.

19. Senior Member chucchinchilla's Avatar
      Cars
      03-24-2020 11:18 AM #518
      Quote Originally Posted by Wimbledon View Post
      Ohhh, yeah that makes sense. Also ew. Also I thought you lived in the Bay Area?

Cars
      Audi e-Tron, BMW X3, and a Toyota appiiance
      03-25-2020 03:23 PM #519
      Picked it up today. LR Dual Motor no performance.

Congrats!
      Beer: The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.

Cars
      03-30-2020 10:48 PM #520
      A quick couple week ownership update..

I’m kinda in the cult now. This car is amazing. It’s so effortlessly fast, yet planted. I realized it took me about a week to even try Autopilot since it cruises so nicely. I can’t believe the Performance trim takes it to an even higher level.

It really should have a physical control for the wipers. The auto setting isn’t nearly aggressive enough for my tastes. Otherwise, the panel interface is working pretty well. I eventually got a software update that fixed some of the glitching in the audio. The only real killer bug right now is that it can’t handle group texts.

32 amp charger is working great.

It will be nice to get out of the house when things start opening up again, but meandering trips around the currently spacious interstates have been a lot of fun and a cathartic escape. I liked my MK7 but this gives me the feels like when I got my first non-practical car, a Sentra SE-R Spec V when I was 21.

22. 03-31-2020 08:07 AM #521

Not sure if that is your intention but the gif is very fitting to the car.
      Americans hate EVs because they grew up with Power Wheels that were glacially slow, ran out of power in 20 minutes and took an entire day to recharge.

23. Member
      Cars
      05 a4 ultrasport 09 tiguan
      03-31-2020 09:35 AM #522

I’m kinda in the cult now. This car is amazing. It’s so effortlessly fast, yet planted. I realized it took me about a week to even try Autopilot since it cruises so nicely. I can’t believe the Performance trim takes it to an even higher level.

It really should have a physical control for the wipers. The auto setting isn’t nearly aggressive enough for my tastes. Otherwise, the panel interface is working pretty well. I eventually got a software update that fixed some of the glitching in the audio. The only real killer bug right now is that it can’t handle group texts.

32 amp charger is working great.

It will be nice to get out of the house when things start opening up again, but meandering trips around the currently spacious interstates have been a lot of fun and a cathartic escape. I liked my MK7 but this gives me the feels like when I got my first non-practical car, a Sentra SE-R Spec V when I was 21.
      Nice! Any thought to purchasing the $2k “acceleration boost”?

Cars
      03-31-2020 10:10 AM #523
      Quote Originally Posted by Paradgim_shift View Post
      Nice! Any thought to purchasing the $2k “acceleration boost”?
      Once normal traffic sets back in I’m not sure I’ll get much out of it. But I like having that in my back pocket in case I get bored. It’s almost like overclocking a gaming pc.

If they get FSD to the point where it can drop me off at the office and come back home, I’ll buy it in a heartbeat
      Last edited by Yuppie Scum; 03-31-2020 at 10:18 AM.

Cars
      03-31-2020 02:02 PM #524
      The original auto wipers as delivered in summer 2018 were... bad. Thankfully they fixed it by the time the rainy season set in here in fall 2018 or it would have been a hassle. And it's only gotten better over time. Quick tip, just a tap at the end of the left stalk to do a 'wipe' is a quick workaround if you don't have time to deal with the touchscreen.

The only "problem" I have with the auto wipers now is the same as I've noticed on other cars with them -- occasionally if you start up the car when it's already raining, it doesn't notice. Or it thinks it's raining harder than it is and goes really fast for 5 or 10 seconds before it figures it out.

Can't speak to audio glitching/texting. Haven't had the former, haven't used the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by spockcat View Post
      Not sure if that is your intention but the gif is very fitting to the car.

26. 04-04-2020 02:41 PM #525
      I guess all the "previous rental/loaner" Bolts that my dealer sold are also not included in the increase as the dealer took legal title (and the tax credit) to them in previous quarters.

Bolt sales up 36% in Q1 compared to last year, as GM EV tax credit disappears

Chevrolet increased Q1 2020 sales of the Bolt EV by 36.1% compared to a year ago. The rise in purchases of the all-electric Bolt defied the gravity of a dismal quarter for overall Chevrolet sales. With help from attractive discounts and incentives, Chevy sold 5,873 Bolts — an amount that could make it the second most popular EV in the US.

To achieve decent Bolt sales, GM aggressively pushed the Chevy Bolt electric car in March with a discount of up to $10,000, and with leases starting at $199 a month. Check local dealers for heavily discounted inventory.

Bolt sales in the first quarter of 2020 reversed a two-year trend of declining Bolt sales. The Chevy EV posted these sales numbers:

5,873 in Q1 2020
      4,317 in Q1 2019

The company might have to step up discounts even further, considering that March was the last month that GM EVs could still qualify for a federal tax credit. In Q1, the credit for the Bolt was available at $1,875. As of April 1, the consumer credit goes to zero, due to the 200,000 EV limit for the federal incentive.

Megan Soule, a GM spokesperson, told Electrek:

General Motors believes an important part of reaching a zero-emissions future and establishing the US as the leader in electrification is to continue to provide a federal tax credit to help make electric vehicles more affordable for all customers. We feel that the tax credit should be modified, so all customers continue to receive the full benefit.

Soule told us that Bolt purchases are typically a 60/40 ratio for LT and Premier trims.

A new challenge is historically low gas prices, which undermine the price advantage for fueling an EV for some consumers. Soule commented:

At current gas prices, it costs less to fully charge a Bolt EV than it would to fill up a tank of gas.

We found that even at $1/gallon, Electric is usually cheaper than gas.

The Chevy Bolt remains in competition for the number two slot for US EV sales with the Tesla Model S and Model X. Through most of last year, sales of the Bolt were similar to deliveries of the Tesla sedan and SUV — but way behind the Tesla Model 3. Tesla does not break down sales by the global market, which makes it difficult to confirm the sequence of runner-ups to Model 3 in the United States.

Meanwhile, Nissan sold about 1,960 units of the Leaf electric car in the US in the first quarter, which is down 27% compared to a year ago. However, sales of the Leaf in Nissan’s home market were up by about 60% this year through February.

Chevrolet sales across its entire vehicle lineup decreased by 3.8% in Q1. Other GM brands were also down. Buick, Cadillac, and GMC sales dropped by 35%, 16%, and 5%, respectively.

This week, Electrek reported that General Motors is delaying the launch of the new and improved version of the Chevy Bolt from this year to 2021 due to business impacts from the pandemic. The vehicle updates, which include more comfortable seats and the availability of adaptive cruise control, will now come with the 2022 model-year Bolt.

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122 LastLast