Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Cars
      2012 4 Door RB Golf R w/Nav & Sunroof
      06-15-2015 02:47 PM #1
      Hi All,
      I was wondering if some members of the forums had a little more context on this weekend's Le Mans, and the factors that influenced Porsche winning 1-2 on only their second year back, and Audi eke-ing out a podium finish. I watched intermittently via the iOS app, but too may family events meant that it was a disjointed experience.

Looking at the numbers and the parts I did watch, it didn't look like the 919s had the huge advantage in straight-line speed that they demonstrated at Silverstone, and the R18s still turned in the fastest lap times and highest average speed. So was the vaunted machine-like precision of Audi Sport Team Joest less in evidence this race? Any deep thoughts by people in the know?
      Odd progression:
      911SC -> Boxster -> MX-5 -> Kona Honky Inc. Road Bike -> Golf R

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Cars
      '00/S4 6MT; '01/Avant 2.8 Tip
      06-15-2015 07:00 PM #2
      I did not watch much. I listened via radio lemans. I noticed that the Audis had slightly higher avg speeds than the 919's. The 919's spent very little time in the pits. And, apparently the 919's could ingest fuel quicker than the R18's.
      Signature blank...

4. 12-04-2019 05:18 PM #3
      Looking at the numbers and the parts I did watch, it didn't look like the 919s had the huge advantage in straight-line speed that they demonstrated at Silverstone, and the R18s still turned in the fastest lap times and highest average speed. So was the vaunted machine-like precision of Audi Sport Team Joest less in evidence this race? Any deep thoughts by people in the know? emi calculator gst login ifsc code
      Last edited by arresiliya; 12-04-2019 at 07:16 PM.