VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Unitronic Performance Software for Golf R and S3 MQB

72K views 62 replies 24 participants last post by  Yuri Nator 
#1 · (Edited)

Unitronic is pleased to announce the official worldwide release of its Performance Software for the MK7 Golf R® and 8V S3®.

Unitronic has precisely re-calibrated the SIMOS 12/18 engine control unit (ECU) to deliver maximum performance while ensuring complete OEM-like reliability and drivability from V.A.G.’s latest generation of the turbocharged four cylinder high-output 2.0-liter TSI® engine found in the MQB chassis. Unitronic’s Performance Software is programmable directly through the OBD-2 port and within minutes you’ll be enjoying a total night-and-day driving experience.

Unitronic’s Stage 1 and Stage 1+ Performance Software are both designed for otherwise complete stock vehicles, requiring no supporting hardware modifications and provides a great entry-level upgrade. Stage 1 is optimized for 91 OCT/95 RON fuel, producing 355 HP/338 lb-ft TQ.

For Clients with access to 93 OCT/98 RON fuel, Stage 1+ takes advantage of higher grade fuel, producing an increase in output to 375 HP/350 lb-ft TQ; a remarkable +57 HP and +50 lb-ft TQ over Unitronic’s recorded stock figures.

Taking it to the next level, Unitronic sets itself apart from the competition with its Stage 2 Performance Software, requiring a 3” downpipe, which alleviates exhaust restrictions created by the stock catalytic converter allowing for optimal dissipation of exhaust backpressure and maximum flow. Unitronic’s Stage 2 Performance Software boasts an increase of 79 HP and 68 lb-ft of TQ over the stock power as recorded by Unitronic, with an output of 397 HP and 368 lb-ft of TQ.

Additional features encompassed with all Stages of Unitronic Performance Software for the 2.0 TSI Gen3 include:
• Left foot braking
• Improved throttle response
• Factory Failsafes Retained
• Engine Temperature Protection (rev limit based on engine coolant temperature)
• Optimized Responsiveness and driveability
• Speed Limiter Removed
• Power delivery perfectly optimized throughout the power band
• Increased fuel economy

Applications:
MK7 VW® Golf R
8V Audi® S3
5F Seat® Leon® Cupra®
5F Seat Leon Cupra 280
MKIII Audi TTS®

*Subject to ecu box code availability.

For more information, be sure to contact your local Authorized Unitronic Dealer to get yours now!

See less See more
#8 ·
I'm noticing over on the Golf R side people using APR tunes are experiencing "limp mode" off and on again. lol, I can sort of figure out what that terminology means I guess but is Unitronic tunes having similar issues? Especially the Stage 1? Any input would be great!

#17 ·

Unitronic is pleased to announce the official worldwide release of its Performance Software for the MK7 Golf R® and 8V S3®.

Unitronic has precisely re-calibrated the SIMOS 12/18 engine control unit (ECU) to deliver maximum performance while ensuring complete OEM-like reliability and drivability from V.A.G.’s latest generation of the turbocharged four cylinder high-output 2.0-liter TSI® engine found in the MQB chassis. Unitronic’s Performance Software is programmable directly through the OBD-2 port and within minutes you’ll be enjoying a total night-and-day driving experience.

Unitronic’s Stage 1 and Stage 1+ Performance Software are both designed for otherwise complete stock vehicles, requiring no supporting hardware modifications and provides a great entry-level upgrade. Stage 1 is optimized for 91 OCT/95 RON fuel, producing 355 HP/338 lb-ft TQ.

For Clients with access to 93 OCT/98 RON fuel, Stage 1+ takes advantage of higher grade fuel, producing an increase in output to 375 HP/350 lb-ft TQ; a remarkable +57 HP and +50 lb-ft TQ over Unitronic’s recorded stock figures.

Taking it to the next level, Unitronic sets itself apart from the competition with its Stage 2 Performance Software, requiring a 3” downpipe, which alleviates exhaust restrictions created by the stock catalytic converter allowing for optimal dissipation of exhaust backpressure and maximum flow. Unitronic’s Stage 2 Performance Software boasts an increase of 79 HP and 68 lb-ft of TQ over the stock power as recorded by Unitronic, with an output of 397 HP and 368 lb-ft of TQ.

Additional features encompassed with all Stages of Unitronic Performance Software for the 2.0 TSI Gen3 include:
• Left foot braking
• Improved throttle response
• Factory Failsafes Retained
• Engine Temperature Protection (rev limit based on engine coolant temperature)
• Optimized Responsiveness and driveability
• Speed Limiter Removed
• Power delivery perfectly optimized throughout the power band
• Increased fuel economy

Applications:
MK7 VW® Golf R
8V Audi® S3
5F Seat® Leon® Cupra®
5F Seat Leon Cupra 280
MKIII Audi TTS®

*Subject to ecu box code availability.

For more information, be sure to contact your local Authorized Unitronic Dealer to get yours now!

Have you figured out the latest ECU update on S3? GIAC I know hasn't yet and when i spoke to an APR shop the guy their said they are aware of it but I should bring my car in so they can try.....

#20 ·
#23 ·
I recently bought a 2016 Audi S3 and would like to get it tuned. I contacted the closest authorized dealer and they said there was not a tune available for my Vin number yet. Is there anyway I can check this myself so I can stay updated to when the tune becomes available? I'm also brand new to the forum so I apologize if this has been discussed already. Thanks.

#24 ·
Once we have Performance Software compatible with the 2016+ "locked" ECU boxes, we'll be sure to announce it immediately to the public, so our recommendation is to follow us online throughout the forums/social media/etc.

#35 ·
Performance Software for MY2016 Golf R / S3 / TT-S is available!

Where I live, I have access to 92 octane via all of the Wawa's around (more so than 91 or 93). Would you recommend the S1 or S1+ ?

Thanks.
I haven't had much positive experience with Wawa/Costco/etc. brand 92 octane in the past, so I think you're best off with Stage 1, as a result.

#39 ·
We'd suggest giving it ~25km of adaption before measuring output for most accurate results.

Where's the e85 tune.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't foresee this coming in the near future. Sorry.

#47 ·
If we do an update, we'll notify affected users.

Does anyone here have the exhaust overrun tune installed? Thanks.
Yes, many people have it installed.

Patiently waiting for ecu/tcu tune for 2018 S3...
Email me your ECU box code; john [at] getunitronic [dot] com. ;)

2015 still waiting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There's one super early MY2015 ECU box code that hasn't gotten the Exhaust Overrun update yet; I'm assuming you're one of them. Sorry for the delay!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.