Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Thread: Pet Monitoing

Cars
      2000 Plymouth Neon
      03-29-2015 12:26 PM #1
      So the girlfriend and I just got a puppy and we are loving and enjoying our time with him but when we go out to run errands we put him in his dog crate so he isn't running around the apartment unsupervised. I was thinking about getting a camera that we will be able to stream from our phones or laptops to check in. We would like an HD video stream and audio but don't need the ability to record video or two way audio.

Anyone have a setup like this?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Cars
      '93 Corrado, '13 Volt CSV
      04-20-2015 07:57 PM #2
      http://www.amazon.com/D-Link-Wireles...s=dlink+camera

I have this. It works great. It has an app you sign into and can be streamed from anywhere since it connects to the internet. It has audio, alerts you to motion, has night vision. It would be cool if the camera had a speaker on it so you could talk back.
      Quote Originally Posted by ktk View Post
      Car enthusiast: One who harbors an inexplicable fascination with a relatively mundane mechanical device that goes beyond appreciation of its intended purpose and basic functionality, in some cases bordering on obsession.

Cars
      2000 Plymouth Neon
      04-21-2015 05:27 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by palakaman View Post
      http://www.amazon.com/D-Link-Wireles...s=dlink+camera

I have this. It works great. It has an app you sign into and can be streamed from anywhere since it connects to the internet. It has audio, alerts you to motion, has night vision. It would be cool if the camera had a speaker on it so you could talk back.
      Awesome. Thanks!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Cars
      '16 Lexus IS200t & '15 JGC
      04-22-2015 07:49 PM #4
      If you want to go the cheapy route, I open my laptop and point it at the area I want to monitor. I created a separate Skype account and set it to "auto answer" calls (only I know this screen name so it's not like other people call into it) and then I can use my regular Skype account on my phone to call into the account at home and voila - I can see video and check on the pup!

Cars
      '93 Corrado, '13 Volt CSV
      04-23-2015 06:17 PM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by scandalous_cynce View Post
      If you want to go the cheapy route, I open my laptop and point it at the area I want to monitor. I created a separate Skype account and set it to "auto answer" calls (only I know this screen name so it's not like other people call into it) and then I can use my regular Skype account on my phone to call into the account at home and voila - I can see video and check on the pup!
      Interesting. And you can talk back to them to doing it that way.
      Quote Originally Posted by ktk View Post
      Car enthusiast: One who harbors an inexplicable fascination with a relatively mundane mechanical device that goes beyond appreciation of its intended purpose and basic functionality, in some cases bordering on obsession.