Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
    1. Junior Member BlackMagic VW R32's Avatar
      Cars
      2008 Audi A3 3.2 Q 2008 United Grey R32 #152
      06-26-2019 12:42 AM #301
      Curious, but during the time you installed the Tyrolsport brace was Unibrace not making the XBQ?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Cars
      09 A3
      06-26-2019 02:05 AM #302
      I’m so freaking jealous. This is the wheel setup I wanted to run, but they wouldn’t clear my callipers either =( I ended up with a different OZ wheel that I’m not as happy with.

Cars
      2006 A3 2.0T 6sp FWD, Dakar Beige
      06-26-2019 04:23 AM #303
      Quote Originally Posted by AngryGiraffe View Post
      Haven’t posted on here in a while. I have been lurking and trying to comment if I have anything useful to say or if I can help. I've been pretty busy with life and to be honest I haven’t done much with the car lately. It’s hail season here in Colorado so I haven’t been racing and the car has sat in the garage for the better part of 2 months.

A few days before I left for Montréal(Canadian F1 Grand Prix) the water pump decided it had enough and left me with a $700 bill. Great timing & thanks car. Even with the unexpected car trouble the GP was a ton of fun and I was able to meet up with an old friend, have some beers, and watch some racing.

It’s nice to finally have the car where I want it. There are still little things here and there I want to do and will post them on here, but for now I can just enjoy driving/racing it. I’ve also gotten pretty deep into Sim Racing over the winter/spring and for now that is taking up most of my free time/toy funds these days. There’s always something.

Great read AngryGiraffe !! Keep it coming !

Good luck with all your racing and the car upgrades !

Cheers,
      Bronco

2006 A3 2.0T 6sp FWD, Dakar Beige
      ST Coilovers | Eurodyne Stage 1
      Magnaflow Sport Catback + downpipe | EuroLED tail lights | RS grille

Cars
      2010 A3 Quattro S-Line/Monza Silver
      07-02-2019 10:47 PM #304
      Quote Originally Posted by PreMier View Post
      I’m so freaking jealous. This is the wheel setup I wanted to run, but they wouldn’t clear my callipers either =( I ended up with a different OZ wheel that I’m not as happy with.
      Thanks man! I really like the look of them so far. Why didn't you just get the ultras and space them? Im not a big fan of spacers, but the 2mm ones I run up front are super small. It's not ideal but it works and nothing rubs. Also what OZ wheels did you end up getting?

Quote Originally Posted by BlackMagic VW R32 View Post
      Curious, but during the time you installed the Tyrolsport brace was Unibrace not making the XBQ?
      Yeah last I had checked they were no longer making the UB. I probably would have gotten that one instead. On the other hand TyrolSport is easier to install and taking it out to put stuff in the hatch only takes a minute or two.
      Sent from somewhere at bottom of the river between Vega and Altair.

https://forums.fourtitude.com/showthread.php?7132668-AG-s-2010-A3-S-Line-Quattro

6. Member
      Cars
      2011 Audi A3 Quattro S-Line CCTA DSG
      07-03-2019 12:33 AM #305
      This is an exterior mod I have been looking to do for quite some time, but getting one of these in the states is a lot harder than one might think. If you look hard enough on eBay you can find them. I purchased 2 of them both from different vendors. Then received an email a day or so later saying "Sorry but we have refunded your order. We do not ship to the United States" even though it says ships worldwide on the website.

Any modifications needed to the diffuser or was it a simple bolt on?
      HPA K04/Intake Manifold/tune, HPA DSG tune, PTP turbo blanket, APR Downpipe, Carbonio Intake, GFB's DV+, Red Top coils, BKR8EIX plugs, 034 Swaybar and rear subframe mounts, Audi R8 knock off wheels, RS3 Grille, Aspherical mirrors, StopTech slotted rotors and steal brake lines, US Mill Works license plate bracket, Clearmounts phone holder.

Cars
      07-04-2019 02:10 PM #306
      Quote Originally Posted by Bronco View Post
      Great read AngryGiraffe !! Keep it coming !

Good luck with all your racing and the car upgrades !

Cheers,
      Thanks Bronco!

https://forums.fourtitude.com/showthread.php?7132668-AG-s-2010-A3-S-Line-Quattro

Cars
      07-04-2019 02:17 PM #307
      Quote Originally Posted by dale333 View Post
      Any modifications needed to the diffuser or was it a simple bolt on?
      Definitely not a simple bolt on. It's been a while since I did the install, but I remember having to to file/mod the the mounting tabs and also having to shape/fix the lower curved area. Also the fiberglass was full of pinholes and imperfections. So there was a few rounds of priming, blocking, and repriming before I could paint it.

Cars
      09 A3
      07-07-2019 11:47 AM #308
      Thanks man! I really like the look of them so far. Why didn't you just get the ultras and space them? Im not a big fan of spacers, but the 2mm ones I run up front are super small. It's not ideal but it works and nothing rubs. Also what OZ wheels did you end up getting?
      yea i didnt want to run a spacer. i went with the superturismo lm's. they look good, i just wanted fewer spokes.

Cars
      11-15-2019 10:06 PM #309
      A few weeks ago I did my 75k mile service. Well actually I did what was left of my 75k service. Over the last year and a half I have been slowly doing the bigger items of it like the haldex service. So at this point all that was really left was a cabin filter, oil change, and some other minor items. One of those minor items was the rear wiper blade. I have always hated the blade on the rear arm of our cars. It's the old metal style blade holder and the blade is stiff and never fully cleans the rear window. I also don't like the look of the arm and hate that no matter what the arm sags. The bolt is tight and I've even tried to remove it and set it higher, but it always end up miss aligned. Here is a picture of the old wiper arm and how it used to sit

I ended up finding a seller in Europe on eBay who had a rear wiper off an 8v A3 so I bought the wiper arm and cap from him. I also got a Bosch Euro rear wiper blade for it as well. here is a picture of how it looks now.

I like the look of the 8V wiper better and since it is able to curve it actually cleans the back glass pretty good.

Let me know if you guys want some part numbers and I will post them here. Also the washer jet from the 8P rear arm work with the arm off the 8V. That's about it for car right now. Winter has already shown its face here in Colorado so it looks like the only laps I will be doing will have to be at home on my racing simulator.

11. Member
      Cars
      2013 Audi A3 Premium Plus S-Line Quattro - Nav and Sunroof - Brilliant Black - APR Stage 2
      11-16-2019 11:24 AM #310

I like the look of the 8V wiper better and since it is able to curve it actually cleans the back glass pretty good.

Let me know if you guys want some part numbers and I will post them here. Also the washer jet from the 8P rear arm work with the arm off the 8V. That's about it for car right now. Winter has already shown its face here in Colorado so it looks like the only laps I will be doing will have to be at home on my racing simulator.
      Yes please! Part numbers and race simulator info!

Thanks,

Chris
      2013 Audi A3 Premium Plus S-Line Quattro - Nav and Sunroof - Brilliant Black - APR Stage 2, APR intake, turbo inlet pipe and downpipe, R8 Coilpacks, GFB DV+, S3 Matt Chrome Mirror covers, aspherical mirrors, Maxton Design RS3 Rear Spoiler Extension, RS3 Badgeless Grille, P3Cars Vent Multi-Gauge, ORT (Open Road Tuning) RS Spec Coilovers, 3SDM 0.01s 19X8.5 et42 offset wheels

Cars
      2007 A3 8P 2.0T DSG S-Line
      11-16-2019 12:38 PM #311

Looks great! Thanks for posting about it. Part numbers would be great. So even the current production e-Tron sportback in US has the older wiper arm? As for the blade, it's only available from European sources?
      Current ►► 2007 A3 2.0T DSG/OS/TP/CW/CP Ocean Blue —— Previous2003 TTQR 225hp Ocean Blue

13. Junior Member BlackMagic VW R32's Avatar
      Cars
      2008 Audi A3 3.2 Q 2008 United Grey R32 #152
      11-16-2019 05:40 PM #312
      Would love part numbers, this is definitely a mod I'd want to do!

Cars
      11-18-2019 05:43 PM #313
      Ok guys here are some part numbers for the 8V rear wiper conversion.

Wiper arm
      8V39554071P9

Wiper cap/cover
      4G9955205

Wiper blade
      8V3955425

I did not buy/use the OEM wiper I bought a Bosch euro wiper from Amazon instead. Here is that part number in case you want to go that rout.

Bosch rear wiper blade
      A332H/3397008635

Hope this helps. Also I will try and post some picks of my racing sim later this week.

15. 11-20-2019 12:45 PM #314
      Ok guys here are some part numbers for the 8V rear wiper conversion.

Wiper arm
      8V39554071P9

Wiper cap/cover
      4G9955205

Wiper blade
      8V3955425

I did not buy/use the OEM wiper I bought a Bosch euro wiper from Amazon instead. Here is that part number in case you want to go that rout.

Bosch rear wiper blade
      A332H/3397008635

Hope this helps. Also I will try and post some picks of my racing sim later this week.

Not 100%, but this may work, too.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-assemble...t/6q6955707kt/

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213