VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Unitronic Presents Performance Software for 2.0 TSI Gen3 MQB

57K views 35 replies 18 participants last post by  Oliver Nipple 
#1 ·

Unitronic is pleased to announce the official worldwide release of its Performance Software for the 3rd generation of Audi’s 220-horsepower 2.0 TSI® (EA888) engine.

Unitronic has precisely re-calibrated the SIMOS 18.1 engine control unit (ECU) to deliver maximum performance while ensuring complete OEM-like reliability and driveability from Audi’s latest generation of the turbocharged four cylinder 2.0-liter TSI engine found in the MQB chassis. Unitronic’s Performance Software is programmable directly through the OBD-2 port and within minutes you’ll be enjoying a total night-and-day driving experience.

Unitronic’s Stage 1 and Stage 1+ Performance Software are both designed for otherwise complete stock vehicles, requiring no supporting hardware modifications and provides a great entry-level upgrade. Stage 1 is optimized for 91 OCT/95 RON fuel, producing 297 HP/346 lb-ft TQ.

For Clients with access to 93 OCT/98 RON fuel, Stage 1+ takes advantage of higher grade fuel, producing an increase in output to 310 HP/347 lb-ft TQ; a remarkable +76 HP and +85 lb-ft TQ over Unitronic’s recorded stock figures.

Taking it to the next level, Unitronic sets itself apart from the competition with its Stage 2 Performance Software, requiring a 3” downpipe, which alleviates exhaust restrictions created by the stock catalytic converter allowing for optimal dissipation of exhaust backpressure and maximum flow. Unitronic’s Stage 2 Performance Software boasts an increase of 103 HP and 108 lb-ft of TQ over the stock power as recorded by Unitronic, with an output of 337 HP and 370 lb-ft of TQ.

Through Unitronic’s extensive track testing, it quickly became apparent that getting traction would prove challenging in early stages of beta testing software calibrations. For Front-Wheel Drive (FWD) platforms with an engine that produces a considerable amount of torque peaking at 2750 RPM, Unitronic implemented advanced torque management by gear, designed to limit wheel spin to ensure maximum forward acceleration is achieved. Unitronic’s advanced torque management aids in optimal 0-60 mph, ¼ mile, and other various acceleration scenarios when traction is important. Unitronic’s MK7 GTI accomplished a 12.867 E.T. @ 112 mph in the ¼ mile, equipped with Unitronic Stage 2 Performance Software, Unitronic 3” Turbo-Back Exhaust System and Unitronic Carbon Fiber Intake System, using 17” Enkei RPF1 wheels and Hoosier 245/45/17 D.O.T. Drag Radials. Unitronic’s 8V Audi A3 2.0 TSI accomplished a 12.479 E.T. @ 112 mph in the ¼ mile, equipped with Unitronic Stage 2 Performance Software, Unitronic 3” Turbo-Back Exhaust System and Unitronic Carbon Fiber Intake System, using 19” BBS CH-R wheels and Michelin Pilot Super Sport 235/35/19 Street tires.

Additional features encompassed with all Stages of Unitronic Performance Software for the 2.0 TSI Gen3 include:
• Left foot braking
• Improved throttle response
• Factory Failsafes Retained
• Engine Temperature Protection (rev limit based on engine coolant temperature)
• Optimized Responsiveness and driveability
• Speed Limiter Removed
• Power delivery perfectly optimized throughout the power band
• Increased fuel economy

Applications:
8V Audi A3 2.0 TSI (S-Tronic)
MK7 GTI 2.0 TSI (6MT and DSG)

For more information, be sure to contact your local Authorized Unitronic Dealer to get yours now!

See less See more
2 8
#2 · (Edited)
impressive! are there any stage 1+ quarter mile and mph numbers? apr posted up a 13.189 1/4 mile et at 110.40mph. your stage2 numbers are 12.479 at 112.38. is the turbo back and intake creating that much power difference?

#4 ·
Wow, that is quite impressive, especially for a FWD application. I would think this would put the S3 and Golf R with DSG, Stage 2 in the 11's.

Thanks for showing the dyno and quarter mile slips. There has been a lot of talk, but very few actually provide proof.

Excellent job.

#16 ·

Unitronic is committed to delivering its Clients with the utmost quality and reliability. Utilizing its in-house DTS/Superflow’s Engine Dynamometer, Unitronic puts V.A.G.’s 3rd generation 2.0 TSI® found in various MQB® platforms such as the MK7 GTI® and 8V A3® though a plethora of real-world scenarios to develop the ultimate Performance Software.

The video above was recorded during one of many stress tests Unitronic performed during its Performance Software R&D process designed to ensure Unitronic’s Performance Software maintains safe operation in virtually all scenarios our Clients will put their vehicles through. This particular stress test shows a high speed, high load driving simulation utilizing its in-house DTS/Superflow Engine Dyno housed in an environmentally controlled dyno cell.

In addition to driving simulations, Unitronic’s Superflow Engine Dyno provides Unitronic with the opportunity to collect a multitude of empirical data that would be otherwise very difficult to collect on a traditional chassis dyno. With the introduction of a fully electronic wastegate, as found on the latest generation of V.A.G.’s engines, ensuring an appropriate pressure ratio is of paramount importance to protect against turbine overspeed. Failure to perform such testing can ultimately lead to turbocharger destruction.

With these industry-leading R&D processes, rest assured Unitronic’s Performance Software is thoroughly developed and tested to increase engine performance while ensuring complete OEM-like reliability and drivability.

#23 ·
#31 ·
Any updates? Just purchased a 2016 A3 and I am wanting to get it tuned after I reach 1000 miles.

Are there any issues with your downpipe? No CEL or stored DTCs for ineffecient catalytic converters? Also, can your downpipe be installed to the stock exhaust system? I have no plans to upgrade the entire exhaust system as this is my daily driver. (I have a BT project car in the garage for that kind of noise/performance.) And, will your downpipe fit with the quattro cars?

#33 ·
Any updates? Just purchased a 2016 A3 and I am wanting to get it tuned after I reach 1000 miles.

Also interested in ETA on a tune for these new ECUs. I do not want to have to travel to get a tune and re-tuned every time there is an updated. There are currently no at-home solutions for our ECUs.
No updates to share at the moment. We'll be sure to announce the release, once it's ready for such.

Are there any issues with your downpipe? No CEL or stored DTCs for ineffecient catalytic converters? Also, can your downpipe be installed to the stock exhaust system? I have no plans to upgrade the entire exhaust system as this is my daily driver. (I have a BT project car in the garage for that kind of noise/performance.) And, will your downpipe fit with the quattro cars?
You will likely get a P0420 Catalyst Below Efficiency code with a downpipe that eliminates the factory catalysts. Our Downpipe includes a reducer that mates directly to the factory cat-back system. Yes, our Downpipe will fit your 8V A3 Quattro, as well as the 8V S3 and MK7 Golf R.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.