Fourtitude.com - Ridiculous Real Estate For Sale Thread
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    Fourtitude.com


    Page 1 of 37 1234511 ... LastLast
    Results 1 to 25 of 908
    1. Banned
      Join Date
      Oct 2nd, 2005
      Location
      Sunnyvale CA
      Posts
      26,117
      Cars
      Lighten up Francis
      02-19-2014 04:54 PM #1
      $27M, 7 bed, 8.5 bath, 30,000 sq ft in Los Altos Hills

      http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/12...41831944_zpid/



      I don't even know what I would do with a room like this, I feel like my whole house would fit in it



      That wine cellar though

    2. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    3. Senior Member 2.0T_Convert's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 23rd, 2009
      Location
      NYC
      Posts
      21,966
      Cars
      Two fake rich sedans & one non-Prius hybrid
      02-19-2014 05:01 PM #2
      Central Park penthouse for just a hair under $50,000,000. Must be on Central Park upper west side near Columbus Circle: http://www.zillow.com/new-york-ny/#/...10509310_zpid/

      Sorry can't direct link pics on this work PC. View would look something like this:


    4. Senior Member NoDubJustYet's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 25th, 2002
      Location
      NL
      Posts
      32,287
      Cars
      2018 Atlas SEL R-Line, 2019 330xi M-Sport
      02-19-2014 05:01 PM #3
      Looks like the place belongs in Bavaria, Austria or Switzerland...

      I can honestly say I've never seen a half-timber mansion.

    5. Geriatric Member ByronLLN's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 29th, 2004
      Location
      Detroit Metro, Mich
      Posts
      39,634
      Cars
      '13 392, '90 Miata, '11 Wrangler
      02-19-2014 05:12 PM #4
      I wouldn't touch that with Warren Buffett's money. Give me 7,500 square feet of living space and a 20-car garage with a full workshop. That's the stuff.

    6. Banned Kumamon's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 13th, 2012
      Location
      It's just jokes, my guy.
      Posts
      7,777
      02-19-2014 05:19 PM #5
      That's the greatest house I've ever seen.

      And it's in California, so I could just park my vintage Bugattis out front all year and intimidate poor people.

    7. Geriatric Member ByronLLN's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 29th, 2004
      Location
      Detroit Metro, Mich
      Posts
      39,634
      Cars
      '13 392, '90 Miata, '11 Wrangler
      02-19-2014 05:25 PM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by Crimping Is Easy View Post
      That's the greatest house I've ever seen.

      And it's in California, so I could just park my vintage Bugattis out front all year and intimidate poor people.
      I'm pretty sure that house comes with a security force trained to shoot any poors who get past the several gated access points surrounding the property/community.

    8. Banned
      Join Date
      Oct 2nd, 2005
      Location
      Sunnyvale CA
      Posts
      26,117
      Cars
      Lighten up Francis
      02-19-2014 05:31 PM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by SSLByron View Post
      I'm pretty sure that house comes with a security force trained to shoot any poors who get past the several gated access points surrounding the property/community.
      https://www.google.com/maps/@37.3580...Q-4juhnKmg!2e0

    9. Member
      Join Date
      Jan 2nd, 2005
      Location
      Switzerland, California
      Posts
      233
      Cars
      997.1 Cabrio
      02-19-2014 05:38 PM #8
      Quote Originally Posted by 2.0T_Convert View Post
      Central Park penthouse for just a hair under $50,000,000. Must be on Central Park upper west side near Columbus Circle: http://www.zillow.com/new-york-ny/#/...10509310_zpid/

      Sorry can't direct link pics on this work PC. View would look something like this:


      Definitely located in Time Warner Center. Either One Central Park or the Residences at Mandarin Oriental.

    10. Geriatric Member ByronLLN's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 29th, 2004
      Location
      Detroit Metro, Mich
      Posts
      39,634
      Cars
      '13 392, '90 Miata, '11 Wrangler
      02-19-2014 05:38 PM #9
      They paved the little turn-about. How charitable.

    11. Member welderdood's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 8th, 2007
      Location
      Connecticutish..............
      Posts
      2,743
      Cars
      03 SVT Focus
      02-19-2014 05:41 PM #10
      http://blog.sfgate.com/ontheblock/20...ts-the-market/ Poor location though, right next to a small municipal airport and Danbury Conn.....The contractor/developer cleaned up on this project though. Tons of new equipment and such.

      http://www.realtor.com/news/modernis...ks-25-million/ It's still for sale. Says that it has views of the Manhattan skyline (50 miles away) Heated Driveway too!
      Last edited by welderdood; 02-19-2014 at 05:50 PM.

    12. Senior Member 2.0T_Convert's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 23rd, 2009
      Location
      NYC
      Posts
      21,966
      Cars
      Two fake rich sedans & one non-Prius hybrid
      02-19-2014 05:45 PM #11
      And I'd like to add I agree these too big west coast homes are not something I'd want. Give me a small 1 bedroom built right on the cliffs for tens of millions instead. An incredible view and bragging rights location is more important to me

    13. Member TurboSupra12's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 26th, 2005
      Location
      Barrie, On / Ft. McMurray, AB
      Posts
      607
      Cars
      POS mk4 TDI
      02-19-2014 06:24 PM #12
      Quote Originally Posted by jnm2.0t View Post

      I don't even know what I would do with a room like this, I feel like my whole house would fit in it


      that's the ugliest ****ing thing I've ever seen

    14. Banned
      Join Date
      Oct 2nd, 2005
      Location
      Sunnyvale CA
      Posts
      26,117
      Cars
      Lighten up Francis
      02-19-2014 06:30 PM #13
      Quote Originally Posted by welderdood View Post

      http://www.realtor.com/news/modernis...ks-25-million/ It's still for sale. Says that it has views of the Manhattan skyline (50 miles away) Heated Driveway too!
      There isn't a photo in there that is appealing to me.

    15. Banned
      Join Date
      Oct 2nd, 2005
      Location
      Sunnyvale CA
      Posts
      26,117
      Cars
      Lighten up Francis
      02-19-2014 06:31 PM #14
      Quote Originally Posted by TurboSupra12 View Post
      that's the ugliest ****ing thing I've ever seen
      Oh yes, it is quite... gaudy. It's a cigar smoking 80 year old tycoon kind of place... Hefner style.

    16. Member GeoffD's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 13th, 2001
      Location
      Killington, Vt & South Dartmouth, Ma
      Posts
      15,590
      Cars
      15 Outback 3.6R
      02-19-2014 06:55 PM #15
      I hit the Sotheby's web site, selected oceanfront, and searched by price.

      Jupiter Island oceanfront. 13 bedrooms. 18,000 square feet. $72 million

    17. Member welderdood's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 8th, 2007
      Location
      Connecticutish..............
      Posts
      2,743
      Cars
      03 SVT Focus
      02-19-2014 06:57 PM #16
      Quote Originally Posted by jnm2.0t View Post
      There isn't a photo in there that is appealing to me.

      It's a very cold looking place to me. More so an "office" vibe to it. And the kicker is that its in a neighborhood where the average house is maybe 750k tops? Terrible road/hill too. It is however only a mile and a half from that other listing I posted........go figure. Ridgefield Conn

    18. Member VDubby18's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 15th, 2007
      Location
      TX
      Posts
      3,851
      Cars
      Silverado
      02-19-2014 07:04 PM #17
      Nice little ranch for $75,000,000. http://www.sothebysrealty.com/eng/sa...-home-tx-78058 In Kerr County, Texas.

      29,000 acres. Multiple houses. Public attractions. Lots of history. Exotic animals!

    19. Member
      Join Date
      Jun 19th, 2002
      Location
      CLT NC
      Posts
      10,940
      Cars
      3 Audis, 1 Honda, 1 GMC
      02-19-2014 07:21 PM #18
      Last time in NYC...I saw some sick $50M listings.

      However, the craziest RE listings I have ever seen "in person on one street" is Incline Village, NV - Lakeshore Drive.
      My wife and I walked the whole length 1.5 yrs ago and we saw 3 that were above $25M including one at $48M.
      All winter/summer 2nd homes on Tahoe owned by silicon valley titans.

    20. Member GeoffD's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 13th, 2001
      Location
      Killington, Vt & South Dartmouth, Ma
      Posts
      15,590
      Cars
      15 Outback 3.6R
      02-19-2014 07:32 PM #19
      Quote Originally Posted by tbvvw View Post
      Last time in NYC...I saw some sick $50M listings.

      However, the craziest RE listings I have ever seen "in person on one street" is Incline Village, NV - Lakeshore Drive.
      My wife and I walked the whole length 1.5 yrs ago and we saw 3 that were above $25M including one at $48M.
      All winter/summer 2nd homes on Tahoe owned by silicon valley titans.
      Incline Village is the tax address of a crap load of Silicon Valley millionaires escaping California taxes.

    21. Member damion16v's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 9th, 2002
      Location
      Raleigh, NC
      Posts
      1,853
      Cars
      2018 VW Tiguan
      02-19-2014 07:51 PM #20
      Quote Originally Posted by jnm2.0t View Post




      that looks like a good base for the whorehouse living room my wife and I strive for. I show this to her and she will immediately go into labor.

    22. Banned
      Join Date
      Sep 1st, 2013
      Location
      Willoughby Hills, OH
      Posts
      1,016
      Cars
      2000 Audi S4 6MT
      02-19-2014 07:56 PM #21
      This is a home we built about 18 months ago for a client who was a German ex-pat, house literally exudes German style (which, I don't know it entirely my cup o' tea, but crazy nonetheless) ... been for sale for a while ... at nearly half the contract cost O_O

      http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/80...30886461_zpid/





















      Last edited by seadoo2007; 02-19-2014 at 08:00 PM.

    23. Member
      Join Date
      Jun 19th, 2002
      Location
      CLT NC
      Posts
      10,940
      Cars
      3 Audis, 1 Honda, 1 GMC
      02-19-2014 08:13 PM #22
      Quote Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
      Incline Village is the tax address of a crap load of Silicon Valley millionaires escaping California taxes.
      Nice. Here's where I've stayed 2X, w/ a 3rd trip planned for later in the year:

      http://laketahoe.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html

      I've walked up and down Lakeshore many times...very beautiful.

    24. Banned
      Join Date
      Oct 2nd, 2005
      Location
      Sunnyvale CA
      Posts
      26,117
      Cars
      Lighten up Francis
      02-19-2014 08:14 PM #23
      Quote Originally Posted by seadoo2007 View Post
      This is a home we built about 18 months ago for a client who was a German ex-pat, house literally exudes German style (which, I don't know it entirely my cup o' tea, but crazy nonetheless) ... been for sale for a while ... at nearly half the contract cost O_O

      http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/80...30886461_zpid/

      its fine but it isn't crazy, it's just a house

      This in Napa, $17M



      Great views at least


      Of course the wine cellar



      And what house is complete without one of these?


    25. Senior Member LT1M21Stingray's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 13th, 2006
      Location
      Somewhere North of Lyon Mountain.
      Posts
      23,904
      Cars
      SR71 C30 t53a/b/b
      02-19-2014 08:55 PM #24
      Quote Originally Posted by TurboSupra12 View Post
      that's the ugliest ****ing thing I've ever seen

      How would you entertain your Queen, dear low life peasant?
      Quote Originally Posted by Mk1Madness
      Back when making your car faster and better handling was the big thing.
      Quote Originally Posted by Tavarish
      The car's best safety feature includes ejecting you in the moment of impact and wishing you the best of luck.

    26. Member Spinnaker's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 12th, 2007
      Location
      SFO
      Posts
      6,255
      Cars
      05 1.8T; 04VTek800 (sold); 08Speed3; 2009 TL SHAWDy
      02-19-2014 09:10 PM #25
      Larry Ellison's Tahoe home is on sale for $28M







      And his $200M yacht for good measure


    Page 1 of 37 1234511 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •