[10] Parking aid is 71679
      [13] Auto distance regulation is 14117
      [44] Steering Assist is 19249
      [A5] Frt Sens. Drv. Assist is 20103
      ============================================

Disable LEDs with Emergency Brake On
      [09] Central Electronics -> Adaptation ->
      Channel (6) - daytime running lights activated additionally … -> Active
      (daytime running lights-Tagfshrlicht-Tagfahrlicht Dauerfahrlicht bei Handbremse abschalten) - Active
      ================================================== ===================

ACC default distance setting in MMI
      [13] Auto distance regulation - security 14117
      Adaptation: Option For Presetting of time gap
      Change 0 to 1
      Save
      Reboot MMI (Menu + Push Touch Knob + Top Right Corner Button)
      you now have the option to change default distance in the Driver Assistance Menu
      ================================================== =====================

Comfort Closing of windows/sunroof
      09-Cent. Elect
      Security Access – 31347
      Adaptation – 10
      (2)-Access control 2-Comfort opening – make Active
      (3)-Access control 2-Comfort closing – make Active
      (7)-Access control 2-Funk Komfort oeffnen – make Active
      (6)-Access control 2- Funk Comfort schliessen – make Active
      (27)-Access control 2-Menuesteurung Komfortbedienung einstellbar – set to Adjustable

Some of these will be active already on some cars.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. 11-03-2014 02:00 PM #27
      I forgot to mention the two I'm looking for :
      1. How to disable these amber corner lights that are US only
      2. how to get what gear I'm in to display when in D/S mode. It only shows in manual mode here in the US.

Cars
      2015 S3 / 1996 VW Cabrio VR6
      11-03-2014 09:18 PM #28
      the US cars won't have the start/stop feature and i don't think setting it up in vag-com will allow it to work, but it would be very cool if it did.

this thread needs to be stickied!!!
      2015 Audi S3 Sepang Blue/ fifteen52 wheels / Air Lift Performance / TOYO T1 Sport tires / TTRS brakes / GIAC Stg2 / BFI mounts / B&B TBE / HG Intercooler / CTS Turbo parts - Parts Score
      @brianmccauley1 on Instagram these are my personal views
      AudiNorthScottsdale

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

6. 11-04-2014 12:31 AM #29
      I can confirm implementing the comfort closing, passenger-mirror-tilt-on-reverse-gear and 5-blinks-on-turn-signal-tap features in my U.S. 2015 A3 Premium Plus.

Looking for pointers to enable the Audi Drive Select for steering and throttle shift-points, since it should be pure software in the '15 A3.

Thread certainly deserves to be stickied and many thanks to the posters and confirm-posters so far!

7. Member
      Cars
      2013 Jetta GLI DSG
      11-04-2014 09:25 AM #30
      Quote Originally Posted by ProjectA3 View Post
      the US cars won't have the start/stop feature and i don't think setting it up in vag-com will allow it to work, but it would be very cool if it did.

this thread needs to be stickied!!!
      Doesn't the US S3 get it with the advanced tech package?

8. 11-04-2014 09:30 AM #31
      Quote Originally Posted by araemo View Post
      Doesn't the US S3 get it with the advanced tech package?
      No, I have that package, it's ACC, Lane Assist, and Pre-Sense.

9. Member
      Cars
      2013 Jetta GLI DSG
      11-04-2014 11:55 AM #32
      Quote Originally Posted by jgreer3746 View Post
      No, I have that package, it's ACC, Lane Assist, and Pre-Sense.
      Good, one less thing I'll have to disable. I don't mind start/stop on a manual, because it starts when you push in the clutch, and is at normal speed by the time you have it in gear. But on a DCT it would drive me crazy.

10. Forum Sponsor Andy@Ross-Tech.com's Avatar
      11-04-2014 12:46 PM #33
      Hey guys, Release 14.10 is now available:

http://www.ross-tech.com/vcds/download/current.html

There's no need to use any Beta versions since all of the Beta improvements should be rolled into the Release now.

I would HIGHLY recommend that you run a controller channel map for Adaptation in 09 - Cent Elect before making any changes.

Controller Channels Map function in Applications screen:

http://www.ross-tech.com/vcds/tour/c...nnels-map.html

Tell it to access Controller Address 09
      Function = Adaptation
      Login = <leave blank>
      Output = Pre-label file

Save that to a safe place for future reference.

11. 11-04-2014 02:44 PM #34
      I can confirm the following work:

- oil temp display available in all DIS menus
      - position 0 to turn off drls

This may be a taboo subject so I apologize in advance if it is, but has anyone been able to unlock controller 5F? The generators I've seen online don't seem to work on my 2015.

Cars
      2017 Audi A3 1.2T
      11-04-2014 06:23 PM #35
      My Ross-Tech order shipped today, so I'll be able to contribute to enabling the start/stop function in a while.

Traffic in Costa Rica is horrible and would greatly help me! And my car is a manual anyways, so it shouldn't be as annoying.

13. 11-04-2014 09:32 PM #36
      Anyone know if it's possible to keep the active lane assist from turning off? After a few auto steers, it turns off and tells you to resume steering.

Cars
      2017 Audi A3 1.2T
      11-14-2014 07:14 PM #37
      I'm not new to VAG, but I am new to VCDS.

I have read online that a retrofit using the multi function steering wheel of cruise control is possible. I already found the coding for it, but my question is if there's something I have to physically install on the car?

Also, my car is a 1.2TFSI with a 5 speed manual, where could I start looking to see if I'm able to activate start and stop?

15. Junior Member
      Cars
      MY15 S3 Sedan
      11-17-2014 09:44 PM #38
      Could someone here please kindly explain how 'Comfort Closing' works?

I enabled 'Lock when walking away from car' but it doesn't seem to work, windows up or down...

After enabling via VCDS, is there anything else that needs to be done?

Also, what does the below coding actually do as this differs to the original coding I did to enable 'Lock when walking away from car'

Comfort Closing of windows/sunroof
      09-Cent. Elect
      Security Access – 31347
      Adaptation – 10
      (2)-Access control 2-Comfort opening – make Active
      (3)-Access control 2-Comfort closing – make Active
      (7)-Access control 2-Funk Komfort oeffnen – make Active
      (6)-Access control 2- Funk Comfort schliessen – make Active
      (27)-Access control 2-Menuesteurung Komfortbedienung einstellbar – set to Adjustable
      My Audi - MY15 S3 Sedan | Misano Red | S-tronic | Performance Pack | 19" Star-Spoke | Black Styling | Drivers Assistance Pack

16. 11-17-2014 10:05 PM #39
      Quote Originally Posted by satanic View Post
      Could someone here please kindly explain how 'Comfort Closing' works?

I enabled 'Lock when walking away from car' but it doesn't seem to work, windows up or down...
      [/INDENT]
      You need to keep the "Lock" button pressed in the keyfob, after exiting the car, to force rolling up the windows/sunroof. That's comfort closing.

How did you enable "Lock when walking away from car"? I presume its the "auto-lock" without having to press "Lock" in keyfob, after the driver has exited the car (as detected by sensors)? VCDS code please?

17. 11-17-2014 10:27 PM #40
      Quote Originally Posted by soliton View Post
      You need to keep the "Lock" button pressed in the keyfob, after exiting the car, to force rolling up the windows/sunroof. That's comfort closing.

How did you enable "Lock when walking away from car"? I presume its the "auto-lock" without having to press "Lock" in keyfob, after the driver has exited the car (as detected by sensors)? VCDS code please?
      Yes I want this one too. How about unlock when approaching?

18. Junior Member
      Cars
      MY15 S3 Sedan
      11-18-2014 12:32 AM #41
      Quote Originally Posted by soliton View Post

This is what was 'done', as taken from the OzAudi website...

Autolock when leaving/away from the car
      ==========================
      [05] Access/Start Authorization
      Long Coding - 07 -> Long Coding Helper
      Byte 2
      Enable bit 4

Post #30 (http://www.ozaudi.com/forums/a3-s3-r...tml#post391188) will explain how to actually change / enable Bit 4.

If anyone has luck with this, do come back and explain how you got it working... I've tried everything (walk away short distances, long distances, walk away when windows open & closed, etc.)
      My Audi - MY15 S3 Sedan | Misano Red | S-tronic | Performance Pack | 19" Star-Spoke | Black Styling | Drivers Assistance Pack

Cars
      2017 Audi A3 1.2T
      11-18-2014 12:27 PM #42
      I was able to code the following:
      - DRL menu in MMI (I have halogen headlamps and it looks ugly so I turned them off).
      - Dipping passenger mirror (without power or memory seats, and manual transmission).
      - Oil temp in DIS.
      - Alarm chirp on un/lock, and MMI menu for unlock (very subtle! recommended).
      - Needle test/sweep.
      - Turn off rain sweep of brake discs
      - Reduce the auto hold's grip

I coded but did not work:
      - Fog lamps as DRLs / Fog lamps as turn lights (now my fogs are on when the main beams are on).
      - Auto close with rain sensor (I couldn't activate the feature nor the MMI menu).
      - Indirect TPMS (nothing is showing up on MMI).

Edit:

I was able to get my fog lamps to work as turning lights:
      Enable the fog lights to function as cornering lights.

09 - Central Electronics
      16 - Security Access - code 31347
      10 - Adaptations

Change (5)-Leuchte12NL LB45-Lichtfunktion B 12 to Abbiegelicht links

Change (5)-Leuchte13NL RB5-Lichtfunktion B 13 to Abbiegelicht rechts.

Note, do not select Abblegelicht links/rechts. Your fog lamps will turn on with the main beams if you do so.
      Last edited by m_bolc; 11-18-2014 at 11:42 PM.

20. 11-18-2014 09:11 PM #43
      Quote Originally Posted by satanic View Post
      This is what was 'done', as taken from the OzAudi website...

Autolock when leaving/away from the car
      ==========================
      [05] Access/Start Authorization
      Long Coding - 07 -> Long Coding Helper
      Byte 2
      Enable bit 4

Post #30 (http://www.ozaudi.com/forums/a3-s3-r...tml#post391188) will explain how to actually change / enable Bit 4.

If anyone has luck with this, do come back and explain how you got it working... I've tried everything (walk away short distances, long distances, walk away when windows open & closed, etc.)
      I was surprised to find the car doesn't autolock by default, especially with the emphasis/advances in keyless tech. My byte2 has no bit4 (latest vcds), any idea why? All I have is "passive exit door handle - disable" for each of the doors. Byte1 has he reverse (entry) which would be nice so I can unlock the car from the rear doors which I often need.

21. Member
      Cars
      2013 Jetta GLI DSG
      11-18-2014 10:51 PM #44
      Quote Originally Posted by Chimera View Post
      I was surprised to find the car doesn't autolock by default, especially with the emphasis/advances in keyless tech. My byte2 has no bit4 (latest vcds), any idea why? All I have is "passive exit door handle - disable" for each of the doors. Byte1 has he reverse (entry) which would be nice so I can unlock the car from the rear doors which I often need.
      The thread says noone's VCDS has that bit active. Ross Tech may not have it mapped out (no idea how they even get the values in the first place) or it may be an undocumented feature of the body control unit in general. Basically, like the thread says, you gotta modify it yourself instead of checking the checkbox.

22. 11-19-2014 12:14 AM #45
      Ah, got it. I get the following message when trying to commit the change: "this appears to be an uninitialized control module. Click yes to use vcds default values... No to try the values currently in the module". Do I just select No or do I need to do something with the module first?

23. Junior Member
      Cars
      MY15 S3 Sedan
      11-19-2014 12:26 AM #46
      I think you click on "No"... read information contained here - (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/s...module-warning)

24. 11-21-2014 03:28 PM #47
      Did you get the rear doors to work? I tried to activate this by changing all three settings, but instead of the rear doors working, none of the doors worked, so I undid it so my front doors would work again.

25. 11-22-2014 12:30 AM #48
      Quote Originally Posted by jgreer3746 View Post
      Did you get the rear doors to work? I tried to activate this by changing all three settings, but instead of the rear doors working, none of the doors worked, so I undid it so my front doors would work again.
      I did not. I figured unchecking the boxes would get it working but it did not, unfortunately.

On a related note, how does one lock the car without using the keyfob button? It seems to lock by holding the driver handle but it's inconsistent.

26. Member
      Cars
      2013 Jetta GLI DSG
      11-22-2014 10:23 AM #49
      I did not. I figured unchecking the boxes would get it working but it did not, unfortunately.

On a related note, how does one lock the car without using the keyfob button? It seems to lock by holding the driver handle but it's inconsistent.
      Isn't there a little divot on the outside of the handle, and if you touch that it locks?

27. Member
      Cars
      2015 A3
      11-22-2014 01:30 PM #50
      I have a bunch of mods I've done, just been too lazy to post them and results. I've been playing with the VCDS cable alot since my MK6 GTI, so I'm alot more comfortable with just trying settings. I don't remember all of them, but here's a few.

Note, these settings are for the NA A3 with LED headlights, YMMV because I don't have anything else.

1. I was tired of the all weather lights not being able to be active if I had high beams on, ie on a dark road, I want to have the high beams on and the weather lights (fog equivalent or side shining lights). I'm not sure if the xenon models have this, but if they have weather lights, this might work also.

For keeping all weather lights on even with high beams, and incidentally allowing the mmi option to switch to left hand drive lighting (tourist mode)

In control module 55, Xenon Range or something (even though it's LEDs) You just uncheck the box in coding that says North American Region Rules. Then you can have all weather lights on with high beams. No other changes happen other than you can click a box in the mmi for tourist mode and lower your headlights.

2. I didn't like my DRLs dimming at night lol, why bother?

To keep the DRLs at full brightness even at night

In the central electrics module 09, after entering the security code, under adaptations. (4 Value changes)
      (10) -Leuchte2SL VLB10-dimming CD 2 and 1 other one under Leuchte2SL like EF or something the value is set at 30 initially (you'll see it) change them to 100.
      (10) -Leuchte3SL VRB21-dimming CD 3 and one other one under Leuchte3SL... I think EF again and change them both from 30 to 100.

3. Autolock

Enable autolocking when you get out of the car.

Go into module 05, and "enable bit 4" in byte 2. However VCDS doesn't list bit 4 in byte 2 in the current version. So just manually write it in. the Coding by default is 30 0C 0C. Replace the last 0C with 1C, so ending up with 30 0C 1C. This enables auto lock. I had enabled it a while back then disabled it and couldn't remember why. I tried it again and remembered. It Auto locks immediately. ie you step out of the car and close the door and it immediately locks. Changing this setting makes your car forget all the previous settings for the locking that you did via MMI, so you have to redo all the settings in the MMI after. To auto close the mirrors you still have to touch the dimple on the door handle even though it's locked.

WARNING! The car does not care if the key is inside the car when locking.
      Last edited by misaka; 11-22-2014 at 02:06 PM.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast