Fourtitude.com - NYC SAFE Act... M#$%^)#F(!)@)@!!
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    1. Learning New Things Every Day. GreenandChrome's Avatar
      Cars
      '12 Earth F****r Limited EL; '12 A4q; '18 UBM Q3q
      12-16-2013 12:03 PM #26
      Quote Originally Posted by Elbows View Post
      Unfortunately the mass of idiots he sells this nonsense too are likewise...therein lies the crux of the problem. Bloomberg and his ilk don't have to convince intelligent people who are capable of genuine critical thinking. They simply have to convince the similarly idiotic masses that "X is a threat!". We're dealing with politicians who agreed to send U.S. soldiers to another country based on a viral facebook campaign...that level of "cool points" activism is dangerous at the best of times. If common sense was a bit more common, we wouldn't have this problem. Instead they know they simply have to shovel misinformation into the lowest common denominator and the masses will eat it up. We live in a new world where we don't fear what we should, and fear the things we shouldn't. That is what I'd consider a recipe for disaster.
      Yup. Idiots just keep getting better. Which is not the way to go (see sig). The people in power, no matter what time period, have always used fear as motivation; it's the greatest motivator. And it's also the path to the dark side.
      "Excluding the possibility that a female Scandinavian Olympian was running around outside our house last night, what else might be a possibility?"
      If someone you know is afflicted with Dunning-Kruger, please help. #knowthecure
      @mbull | instagram #imhardlyeverserious
      SRT__________________\_________________________SRT

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

01-04-2014 04:13 PM #27
      Just got this email from AIM

Dear Valued New York Customers,

In order to comply with the New York State SAFE Act (Effective January 15th) regulating the sale of ammunition, we must enact the following policy:

After Monday, January 6th, we will ship ammunition orders only to FFL Dealers or NY State licensed re-sellers of ammunition . We will accept orders from eligible consumers through Monday January 6th for immediate shipment.

As you know, NY State does not yet have the ability to complete background checks for ammunition sales. However, the state is requiring and enforcing the manner in which ammunition sales are transacted as of January 15th.

We greatly appreciate the continued support and business from the shooting community of the State of New York!

AIM Surplus

I have been planning on moving out of NY but unfortunately it's still a few years off at this point.

4. Geriatric Member Obin Robinson's Avatar
      Cars
      2002 Carrera, 2012 Kia Soul
      01-04-2014 10:07 PM #28
      Are the police exempt from the SAFE act? I thought they had to comply with it as well. Couldn't someone ask to see if the police had complied with registering their "illegal" magazines?

obin
      "We're society's crowbar. They hate us, they never want to acknowledge the dirty jobs they give us to do, but when the job is done they never throw us away - they just slip us back in the toolbox until they need us the next time. And there will always be a next time."-Jim Hooper. Beneath the Visiting Moon: Images of Combat in Southern Africa

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

6. Learning New Things Every Day. GreenandChrome's Avatar
      Cars
      '12 Earth F****r Limited EL; '12 A4q; '18 UBM Q3q
      01-06-2014 12:28 PM #29
      Quote Originally Posted by Obin Robinson View Post
      Are the police exempt from the SAFE act? I thought they had to comply with it as well. Couldn't someone ask to see if the police had complied with registering their "illegal" magazines?

obin

Last I heard, the SAFE Act as passed did not exempt LEO from the requirements, but then legislation was passed later (after the snafu was found out) that "corrected" the problem.
      "Excluding the possibility that a female Scandinavian Olympian was running around outside our house last night, what else might be a possibility?"
      If someone you know is afflicted with Dunning-Kruger, please help. #knowthecure
      @mbull | instagram #imhardlyeverserious
      SRT__________________\_________________________SRT

Cars
      '12 Mazda2, '09 Forester
      01-07-2014 10:22 AM #30
      This letter seems to have nothing to do with NY SAFE, which is statewide... it seems like some NYC specific law.

After dealing with some NYS troopers last week in Oneida County on the issue of guns it was funny to watch them shake their heads and talk through their teeth whenever they ran into NY SAFE related stuff. My dad passed away and he had a NY pistol permit and a Ruger SR9c. If this had happened here in Virginia it would be in my hands no questions asked. As it stands, the troopers had to take it, but they've been very helpful with what I need to get it out of jail and sent down here. If I decide to keep it, I'll get some of the 17rd magazines for it just to thumb my nose at NY.
      Splinter - Team Post-Killing Ninja
      I don't practice llanteria

8. 01-07-2014 01:18 PM #31
      Quote Originally Posted by AKADriver View Post
      This letter seems to have nothing to do with NY SAFE, which is statewide... it seems like some NYC specific law.

You are correct. The letter in the OP is related to NYC gun policy, independent of the SAFE act, stemming from long gun registration laws that started in 1967. After increasing registration fees over a couple of decades, in 1991 the law in NYC was amended to prohibit a lists of semi-auto 'assault' weapons. As I understand it, there's been varying levels of activity over the years by the NYPD to enforce these prohibitions using the registration lists - the OP's letter is some of the latest in the campaign. I'm not a NYC resident so I can't speak to the in's and out's of living under those specific rules - all I know is that even as a NYS resident, you don't bring guns to NYC. I don't know, perhaps that is part of the reason we're facing the issues we are today - we in NYS have been content to let everything south of Rockland and Westchester counties go to hell so long as it didn't affect us.

NY is practically its own world in relation to the rest of New York state, with its own ideology and sets of rules (not just related to gun policy). However, the SAFE act is related to this letter in that the act represents an expansion of the NYC line of thinking to the rest of the state. There has been an awakening and more backlash here in NY to registration than what we've seen in other states because we've seen what will happen. Of course it doesn't help when the governor openly states that confiscation or forced sales is an option.
      Last edited by Pushrods; 01-07-2014 at 01:20 PM.
      2017 Chevy SS | 1977 Trans Am
      ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Cars
      '15 STi & '16 .:R
      08-07-2017 10:24 AM #33
      Why are you bumping a 3 year old thread with a video that is even older?
      Last edited by Hostile; 08-07-2017 at 10:27 AM.
      iain

10. 08-07-2017 04:11 PM #34
      Quote Originally Posted by Hostile View Post
      Why are you bumping a 3 year old thread with a video that is even older?
      Cause bumping threads, hookers and blow is what we do

I liked what he said and wanted to share. Have you seen this video before I posted it. His summary quoting the judge is the core reason for not banning guns.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12