Fourtitude.com - NYC SAFE Act... M#$%^)#F(!)@)@!!
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    1. Learning New Things Every Day. GreenandChrome's Avatar
      Cars
      '12 Earth F****r Limited EL; '12 A4q; '18 UBM Q3q
      11-27-2013 12:34 PM #1
      "Excluding the possibility that a female Scandinavian Olympian was running around outside our house last night, what else might be a possibility?"
      If someone you know is afflicted with Dunning-Kruger, please help. #knowthecure
      @mbull | instagram #imhardlyeverserious
      SRT__________________\_________________________SRT

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

11-27-2013 05:02 PM #2
      "No one is coming for your guns"
      "Registration equals confiscation is silly. You're just being paranoid"
      etc.
      etc.

Also, who comes for a .22lr bolt action?

Cars
      2018 Atlas SEL R-Line
      11-27-2013 05:17 PM #3
      You should bring this one to OT...

I'd love to see tool, tripper, what, petesell, etc. have to say.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

6. 11-27-2013 06:52 PM #4
      Another reason I like states which allow in-state sales without paperwork. What a crock of sh_t. I'd say what I'd do, but honestly I simply wouldn't be in NY in the first place, let alone NYC.

Cars
      1987 Mercedes-Benz 300TD; 2000 VW Passat GLS
      11-27-2013 11:34 PM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by Subie J View Post
      The squirrel lobby has some serious pull in NYC

Cars
      A blue oval and a bowtie. Domestic swill.
      11-28-2013 08:46 AM #6
      Another reason I have no desire to even visit that cesspool. Ugh.
      Smooremin: "Dont worry. My corset really fills me out ."
      Sold Over Sticker: "The only difference between innuendo and flirting is the desired result. "
      KidL: "Dammit, Chippy! You're making bad choices!"

Cars
      Jeep Wrangler
      11-28-2013 10:38 AM #7
      Meanwhile, a judge strikes down a large sugary drink ban as unconstitutional....

Now go get your shinebox

10. Member
      Cars
      2017 Hyundai Elantra SE
      11-28-2013 10:52 AM #8
      I'm assuming the SAFE act just needs to be challenged, correct?
      Quote Originally Posted by winstonsmith84 View Post
      Tax? I don't mind paying state sales tax. Every time a see a pothole, a school that is falling down or a canceled essential state program, I remind myself why.
      Quote Originally Posted by Tornado2dr View Post
      535 members of congress plus 1 pres screwing us all the time...that's dirty pirate hooker level gang rape.

Cars
      '01 B5.5 wagon, '81 Scirocco, '04 FXDWG and too many A1,2, & 3 cars to remember. '93 Miata for S&G
      12-01-2013 08:18 AM #9
      What, no "Ban NYC"? You guys are slipping.

Seriously, besides the insanity of the bill, it effectively bans any long gun w/ a removable magazine from NYC.
      Quote Originally Posted by vwtool View Post
      I went to a karaoke night with a mixed-age group earlier this week and sang "Little Red Corvette" when it was my turn. Half the group had never heard of Prince.

Cars
      mk3 cabrio
      12-02-2013 01:49 AM #10
      What do they think you're doing with a .22??? They should be sending you a thank you letter for ridding the state of the abundance of squirrels and other small game. Good thing we live in the land of the kind of somewhat free...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12-02-2013 01:05 PM #11
      Quote Originally Posted by Mk1Racer View Post
      What, no "Ban NYC"? You guys are slipping.

Seriously, besides the insanity of the bill, it effectively bans any long gun w/ a removable magazine from NYC.
      Ultimately their goal is to ban all guns.

People said it could never happen, it just did.

14. Learning New Things Every Day. GreenandChrome's Avatar
      Cars
      12-02-2013 03:30 PM #12
      Heller would be applicable here. And the 5/7 round limit as well.

Similarly, the requirement that any lawful firearm in the
      home be disassembled or bound by a trigger lock makes it impossible
      for citizens to use arms for the core lawful purpose of self-defense and
      is hence unconstitutional.
      So a requirement of a limitation of the gun's effectiveness is unconstitutional.
      "Excluding the possibility that a female Scandinavian Olympian was running around outside our house last night, what else might be a possibility?"

Cars
      '09 GTI
      12-02-2013 04:21 PM #13
      I don't know NY and NYC firearm laws. So they banned guns that can accept magazines, and did not include a grandfather clause for those already owned, is that right? If so, then aren't they just enforcing the law? It doesn't say that you have to surrender it, it says you have to move it out of the city.
      -Triumph, the Insult Comic Dog

I saw this in a movie about a bus that had to speed around the city, keeping its speed over fifty, and if its speed dropped, the bus would explode! I think it was called, "The Bus That Couldn't Slow Down."

Cars
      04 Expedition, 72 Pontiac Catalina, 12 Fusion V6, 72 Yamaha XS-2, 06 CBR F4i
      12-02-2013 05:20 PM #14
      Quote Originally Posted by Triumph View Post
      I don't know NY and NYC firearm laws. So they banned guns that can accept magazines, and did not include a grandfather clause for those already owned, is that right? If so, then aren't they just enforcing the law? It doesn't say that you have to surrender it, it says you have to move it out of the city.
      I'm going to be "that guy" and point out that there are rifles with detachable magazines which hold less than five rounds, so technically they didn't ban all guns that have a removable magazine. Admittedly it basically is just about all guns that are no longer allowed though.

17. Learning New Things Every Day. GreenandChrome's Avatar
      Cars
      12-02-2013 05:59 PM #15
      You serious, Clark? The law itself is unconstitutional.

The three options:
      1. Surrender the gun(s) to police- forever
      2. Permanently remove them from NYC (with proof of where they are)
      3. Argue or have a gunsmith permanently fix your gun to be compliant.

You have to have your head so far up your a$$ to think this doesn't infringe on the basic tenet of the 2nd Amendment- the right to keep and bear arms. Many people use shotguns for home defense, and making residents of NYC move their guns out of the city. Not only that, the city wants proof of relocation. So they can just go steal the guns- or even better- they'll find the idiots who aren't supposed to have guns and arrest them.

Cars
      '09 GTI
      12-02-2013 06:23 PM #16
      Quote Originally Posted by GreenandChrome View Post
      You serious, Clark? The law itself is unconstitutional.

The three options:
      1. Surrender the gun(s) to police- forever
      3. Argue or have a gunsmith permanently fix your gun to be compliant.

You have to have your head so far up your a$$ to think this doesn't infringe on the basic tenet of the 2nd Amendment- the right to keep and bear arms. Many people use shotguns for home defense, and making residents of NYC move their guns out of the city. Not only that, the city wants proof of relocation. So they can just go steal the guns- or even better- they'll find the idiots who aren't supposed to have guns and arrest them.
      In what way does your post relate to mine?
      -Triumph, the Insult Comic Dog

I saw this in a movie about a bus that had to speed around the city, keeping its speed over fifty, and if its speed dropped, the bus would explode! I think it was called, "The Bus That Couldn't Slow Down."

19. Learning New Things Every Day. GreenandChrome's Avatar
      Cars
      12-02-2013 06:35 PM #17
      It doesn't say that you have to surrender it, it says you have to move it out of the city.
      That part. You have 3 options. Your post claims it's only 1 option- move out of state. Which is not true.

Cars
      2012 Tiguan S 4Motion, 1990 MK2 Jetta Coupe ABAT
      12-11-2013 07:46 PM #18
      FUAC THe UNSafe Act is complete horse ****. If there are NY residents in here I suggest you go sign up over on Nyfirearms.com if you aren't already there are members on there who are lawyers that have lawsuits in place challenging the safe act.
      ROFLwagens Upstate,NY VW/Audi

XBL GT: Sketchyx518x

Cars
      2014 Cayman S, 1996 Ford Bronco EB
      12-12-2013 12:33 PM #19
      Quote Originally Posted by GreenandChrome View Post
      How do you do this?

I mean, the "permanent" part.

You could move it to a safe within a storage unit or store it at someone's house out of the city, but how do you prove its permanent? You can go pick it up whenever you want.

As always, its just a cluster**** of stupidity when it comes to laws regarding gun ownership.

22. Learning New Things Every Day. GreenandChrome's Avatar
      Cars
      12-12-2013 01:58 PM #20
      Quote Originally Posted by .:RDriver View Post
      How do you do this?

I mean, the "permanent" part.

You could move it to a safe within a storage unit or store it at someone's house out of the city, but how do you prove its permanent? You can go pick it up whenever you want.

As always, its just a cluster**** of stupidity when it comes to laws regarding gun ownership.
      That's exactly it. You remove them to a storage locker or a friend/relative/etc house outside the city. Provide LE with an address and they just might go check.

The obvious issues that arise from that is you've now ID'd your circle of friends. IF you did anything illegal, the police know exactly where your guns are and/or where you're heading towards. Not only that, the police- or other LEO- can go to your "safe" storage location and confiscate the guns. You wouldn't know about it until it was too late. Of course this is all "what if?"

The best bet is to hide the guns within your home. If they ever go door-to-door, the backlash and eventual legal battle will be astounding and embarrassing for LE and the gov't.

Cars
      Wagon Queen Family Truckster (not the blue sport wagon)
      12-12-2013 02:00 PM #21
      Bloomberg: Arms Website Selling Guns Illegally

Thousands of guns could be sold illegally by unlicensed firearms dealers on just one classified ad website, according to an investigation commissioned by New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg.

Bloomberg, one of the nation's leading gun-control advocates and a co-founder of Mayors Against Illegal Guns, asked his investigators to spend eight weeks monitoring the ads on Armslist.com. The classified marketplace, known as a "Craigslist for guns," is one of the nation's largest firearms websites.

The inquiry found that nearly one-third of gun ads on the site were posted by high-volume sellers who do not possess the mandatory federal firearms license. At that pace, nearly 244,000 guns would be sold illegally a year due to the "private sale loophole," which does not require a background check, Bloomberg said Thursday.

"Unlicensed sellers of firearms are flooding the Internet with weapons," Bloomberg said at City Hall news conference. "The result is a massive online, largely unregulated, secondhand firearms market that threatens the safety of all of us."

A representative from ArmsList.com did not immediately return a request for comment.

The inquiry was a follow-up to one the gun-control group did earlier this year in which investigators secretly conducted background checks of would-be buyers and found that many of them had felony records that, by law, prohibit them from buying firearms.

Bloomberg noted that he was announcing the probe's results just days before the anniversary of the shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn., which killed 20 students and six adults.

Bloomberg is leaving office at month's end, but he vowed that he will continue to stay involved — and fund — the pro-gun control organization.

"We will keep fighting," he said. "Maybe we'll keep fighting even harder, we'll have a little more time to focus on this."

Mayor-elect Bill de Blasio has signaled his approval of Bloomberg's gun-control efforts but has not said what role he might play in the mayors' group.

He really is an idiot.

24. Learning New Things Every Day. GreenandChrome's Avatar
      Cars
      12-12-2013 02:13 PM #22
      Quote Originally Posted by 2.FOH!! View Post

Thousands of guns could be sold illegally by unlicensed firearms dealers on just one classified ad website, according to an investigation commissioned by New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg.

Bloomberg, one of the nation's leading gun-control advocates and a co-founder of Mayors Against Illegal Guns, asked his investigators to spend eight weeks monitoring the ads on Armslist.com. The classified marketplace, known as a "Craigslist for guns," is one of the nation's largest firearms websites.

The inquiry found that nearly one-third of gun ads on the site were posted by high-volume sellers who do not possess the mandatory federal firearms license. At that pace, nearly 244,000 guns would be sold illegally a year due to the "private sale loophole," which does not require a background check, Bloomberg said Thursday.

"Unlicensed sellers of firearms are flooding the Internet with weapons," Bloomberg said at City Hall news conference. "The result is a massive online, largely unregulated, secondhand firearms market that threatens the safety of all of us."

A representative from ArmsList.com did not immediately return a request for comment.

The inquiry was a follow-up to one the gun-control group did earlier this year in which investigators secretly conducted background checks of would-be buyers and found that many of them had felony records that, by law, prohibit them from buying firearms.

Bloomberg noted that he was announcing the probe's results just days before the anniversary of the shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn., which killed 20 students and six adults.

Bloomberg is leaving office at month's end, but he vowed that he will continue to stay involved — and fund — the pro-gun control organization.

"We will keep fighting," he said. "Maybe we'll keep fighting even harder, we'll have a little more time to focus on this."

Mayor-elect Bill de Blasio has signaled his approval of Bloomberg's gun-control efforts but has not said what role he might play in the mayors' group.

He really is an idiot.
      ArmsList isn't doing any selling. You can't "flood" the Internet. Private party sales aren't illegal, just selling to a known felon/prohibited person is. "Threatens the safety of us all." What hogwash. I wish I could attend some of these speeches. I would be polite at first. When the stupidity hits, then I'd be less than polite.

25. 12-13-2013 06:57 PM #23
      Quote Originally Posted by Subie J View Post
      "No one is coming for your guns"
      "Registration equals confiscation is silly. You're just being paranoid"
      etc.
      etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIrBUrFV2Ac

26. 12-13-2013 08:34 PM #24
      Quote Originally Posted by 2.FOH!! View Post

He really is an idiot.
      Unfortunately the mass of idiots he sells this nonsense too are likewise...therein lies the crux of the problem. Bloomberg and his ilk don't have to convince intelligent people who are capable of genuine critical thinking. They simply have to convince the similarly idiotic masses that "X is a threat!". We're dealing with politicians who agreed to send U.S. soldiers to another country based on a viral facebook campaign...that level of "cool points" activism is dangerous at the best of times. If common sense was a bit more common, we wouldn't have this problem. Instead they know they simply have to shovel misinformation into the lowest common denominator and the masses will eat it up. We live in a new world where we don't fear what we should, and fear the things we shouldn't. That is what I'd consider a recipe for disaster.

27. 12-16-2013 06:01 AM #25
      born in the borough, and i freaking hate nyc

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast